An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW

Arrow S02E14: "Time of Death"

It feels like it's been much longer than just a few weeks since Arrow went on hiatus for the Olympics, so it was nice that the show returned from that wintry exile with its strongest all-around episode in a while. Sure, there was plenty of computer-hacking wizardry going on, and while that's never really my bag, at least the crypto-skelton key cylinder thingy provided something of a justification for all of it. Even if that device hadn't existed to enhance things, all the other threads in the episode would've made up for it.

And, you know, I don't think you can go wrong with Felicity on the recommended dose of painkillers.

"Time of Death" worked in no small part because all but one of its plots addressed the new status quo of Sara being alive and around, and what that means for the people near her. It also—rather nicely, I think—dealt with some of the niggling questions/criticisms that've been floating around about the show. And since I've already mentioned the hacking and Felicity, let's tackle the costumed side of things.

With two new additions to Team Arrow (okay one and a half, since Roy isn't a full-timer yet), the Arrow Cave was getting sort of crowded, much to my consternation. I've been worried about Sara and Roy making Diggle irrelevant, and while this episode didn't really settle that concern (Dig seems fine with the way things are), we saw that Felicity was feeling decidedly left out of things, what with her lack of combat scars and Sara having a skill set that overlaps with her own. And even though it went unmentioned, Felicity's insecurities were a nice callback to her conflict with Oliver back in "Blast Radius" and his accusations that she'd lost focus because of Barry. So Sara's arrival had an impact on Felicity that was unforeseen, but really worthwhile for a couple of reasons.

The first and biggest reason was that Felicity's feelings weren't driven by Sara and Oliver being an item. Just as Arrow is doing with Thea and Sin being friends, the show is nicely side-stepping that hoary old scenario where women dislike each other on the grounds of a romantic rivalry. That Felicity's anxieties were compounded by her status as the only member of Team Arrow without a lot of combat and field experience made her decision to go to the bank to trap William Tockman/Clock King (Robert Knepper, in very fine form) feel a little fresher than it would have if her motivation had simply been, "I want to prove to Oliver that he should love me!" Yes, the plan was poorly thought-out, but she wanted to prove her value not only as the team's go-to computer whiz, but as someone who can handle herself out there against the bad guys, just like the rest of the gang. And sure, she clearly had no idea what she was going to do once Tockman arrived at the bank, but that confluence of emotions didn't lend itself to much rational thought.

The other reason that Felicity's situation was worthwhile was that the Clock King plot itself complemented the interpersonal tension; Tockman kept undermining Felicity's computer prowess, giving her yet another reason to feel like her role on the team was under fire. I've long maintained that when the villain of the week can inform and/or complement some other aspect of an episode, the entire episode is better for it, and "Time of Death" successfully accomplished that sort of integration. It would've been ridiculous, really, if Felicity had charged in to take on the bad guy without something like this happening. As a result, not only did Felicity get to save Sara, get her scar, and hopefully become friends with Sara, but now she might also have herself a criminal rival—like Diggle with Deadshot—who can (thankfully) recur to haunt her again.

I wasn't expecting the Sara and Felicity conflict, but I was expecting—and looking forward to—the Sara and Laurel dust-up. In my review of "Heir to the Demon," I devoted some serious space to breaking down both Laurel and Sara's emotional states, with an emphasis on Laurel's actions and behavior. Frankly, Sara still has Lance family issues to work through, hence her desire to have Oliver tag along to the family dinner. It was a purely selfish desire, one I'm glad Oliver was hesitant to satisfy, even if he still ended up where he didn't belong. And since Oliver and Sara are crap liars, and because Laurel is still in a super-emotional state, Laurel picked up on Sara and Oliver being together double-quick and blew up at everyone.

Laurel's emotional explosion led to that very fine scene in the hallway between Oliver and Laurel, where Oliver gave voice to, well, what a number of you have been saying for a while now in the comments about Laurel and her focus on herself. The thing about that scene was that it wouldn't have worked without all the other Laurel incidents this season that came before it. Oliver's deep cuts about who and what Laurel blames for her life, his offer to pay for all the drinks she could want and his declaration that he's done caring and trying to help her—all that build-up was necessary to have the impact it had on Laurel and that motivated her reconciliation with Sara at the end of the episode. I don't think it rectifies the uneven way Laurel's plots have been handled, but it at least paid off on a lot of what Laurel's dealt with since we entered the back half of the season.

However, I do feel like that Laurel's turnaround happened a touch too quickly (maybe just one more episode?), and so I worry that the show may slap an emotional and character Band-Aid on the whole Lance family drama. But at the same time, I like being vindicated in my reading of Laurel's emotional state, as she acknowledged that she never actually dealt with the loss of Sara and Oliver, so since I'm getting a little gratification, I guess I'll live with Laurel being willing to start pulling herself together.

Was there anything else that happened... ?

Oh. Yeah. Slade was just sitting on a couch in Queen Mansion, chatting with Moira, happy as you please. I think the phrase you're looking for is: "OH CRAP."

FROM THE QUIVER

– There've been a number of different incarnations of the Clock King character, from a goofball who wears a leotard covered in clocks to a goofball who wears a crown and has a clock face as a face to an old guy with a clock glued onto a top hat to a high-strung efficiency expert who could fight Batman to a draw to a technological genius who can see a few seconds into the futureArrow's version seemed to blend the Batman: The Animated Series/Justice League Unlimited version (efficiency expert and planner) with the techie genius (and violent) comic book one, and as a fan of the character, I was pretty happy with it. There's a William Tockman in the current continuity operating as a crime boss in Seattle, but he doesn't seem to have the moniker or the clock-themed identity.

– Island stuff was comparatively super-low key, but I appreciated the Sara-Sin connection being established there.

– Related to the "Sara has an impact everywhere" thread: I liked Quentin's overly enthused desire to make everything whole again, including his relationship with Dinah, because Sara was back. Laurel was totally on-point when she called him on it, but Quentin is moving through the pain much easier than Laurel is, even down to apologizing to Oliver for his behavior last season. Good stuff for Quentin.

– Two quick DC references for you in this episode. On the side of the bus, there was some sort of advertisement for something called Blue Devil, a quick nod to the superhero of the same name. The crazier reference was Tockman's MacGregor's Syndrome, which was the terminal illness featured in Batman & Robin. Yes, that Batman & Robin, with the nippled Batsuit. A painful reminder of things best forgotten. Thanks, Arrow.

– "I have a scar. It's in my mouth. I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 16."

– I just want Robert Knepper to say "hidey hole" all the time.

– "Mm-mm. You guys never go to the hospital. Besides: Dig gave me some of those aspirin. ... Are you spinning?" "Aspirin?" "Oxycodone."

– Here, have your .GIFs right now, Olicity 'shippers:

– .GIF sources: Slade (and an explanation for its text); Olicity

What did you think of "Time of Death"?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 11/30/2016

Season 5 : Episode 8

Next Episode

AIRS ON 12/7/2016

Season 5 : Episode 9

367 Comments
Comments (341)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Totally late with commenting, but playing catch up and I truly dont understand peoples dislike of Caity Lotz. She is a massicely traumatized person who keeps her emotions close to her chest. So... how is her portrayel bad exactly? I greatly enjoy how she plays it. I like the character greatly as well. She's insecure but tries to respect others. Plus i like this whole female power thing. The fact that she can go head to head with Diggle AND Oliver. Good stuff. I am on team "Please bring Caity back next season!!". I could never ever see Laurel being BC, how the hell is she going to match Sara's combat expertise...
Flag
I sort of hate oliver right now, the wake up call to laurel was good and I'm glad she is picking herself back but I don't want them together!! she needs someone better like someone who hasn't cheated on you with your little sister, and then the thing that made me want to go to "starling city" was that kiss in front of felicity, like seriously? dude you know felicity's feelings or do you need a drawing? that made want to punch him. I'm not team olicity anymore, I'm #teamFelicity and #teamLaurel they deserve better. And how awesome was felicity saving sara bravo for her!!!
Flag
What I don't get is if Slade wants to completely destroy Oliver before he kills him, why announce himself?
Wouldn't it have been better to stay hidden while attacking everything Oliver loves with him trying to figure out where the attacks are coming from?
Flag
I think he did it because he wanted oliver to know that the person who is going to make him suffer is him, like you can't touch me because I know you better than anyone.
Flag
T-bag!
Haven't seen him for a while and he was born to play a villain.
I do wonder if they haven't introduced the black canary too soon, because the team is getting pretty big and i'm guessing Roy was on a solo mission during this episode?

Flag
We def need to see more Roy.
Flag
Also, am I crazy, or did Oliver throw a welcome back party for the woman he cheated on his ex-girlfriend with and then expect his ex-girlfriend to show up?

Is this a joke? Or flipping Day's of Our Lives? How could everyone involved not see how inappropriate this was.

Congratulations Arrow writers, despite Oliver's tear down in the hallway you have succeeded in making me #teamLaurel. Well played.

Flag

This hurt me to no end. I can accept that Felicity and Oliver are never gonna happen. I like the light flirting between them, and the occasional hints of will they won't they? I like that the ship stays in the background for the most part.

But this!! This is insulting. You would think a bunch of comic book geeks would understand the humiliation of the kiss off. Just once I would have love to see this play out the other way.

And this:

Was just salt in the wound. Not cool Arrow, not cool.
Flag
in this episode Felicity in yoga pants is hotter than ever!
Flag
T-Bag was awesome! Nice to see some backstory for Sin and didn't know she had a zombie fetish. The dinner scene escalated quick and Oh Shit!!! Slade!!!!!
Flag
I can't stand Sara and her no-expression duck lips. Most annoying character on TV right now.

Oliver is such a slut (and so is Sara). I hate how he acted towards Laurel when him and Sara together is another slap in her face. I mean, the first moment Laurel tells Sara to get out she goes running to have sex with her sister's ex, which is the reason she's mad at her in the first place (apart from hiding her being-alive fact). How nice of her. Laurel is a mess, yes, but with reason. I'd never forgive Sara or Oliver... I'd ditch them and move on with my life. Sadly they turn it around to be her in the wrong somehow, for not forgiving her slut-sister and slut-ex bf (who's always there for her yadda yadda, except when he's in a relationship with her)...

Then Oliver telling Felicity "you'll always be my girl", hahaha. How many girls does he need? You can do better, Felicity!

Him and Sara are such unlikable characters. They are the weakest parts of this show IMO. I definitely want Sara to get killed off.

Flag
Hehe. Great Madison reference there, Noel.
Flag
I think the phrase you're looking for is: "OH CRAP."

No, that's not the phrase I was looking for. hmm. Maybe more like:

"HELL YEAH!"
Flag
Please!!! I want Sara to be a permanent character on the show! I don't care if you have to alter the story, I like her character too much to see her die off or disappear! The show wouldn't be as good without her.
Flag
If she's going to be a permanent character, please get her an outfit two sizes larger. Okay, she's a woman on a CW show, she has boobs, please don't shove them down our throats anymore. kthxbai.
Flag
I agree. I was thinking about that while watching the show. It's ridiculous that she would wear an outfit that shows so much cleavage instead of providing protection.
Flag
I agree, and I want Laurel gone! Nothing of her as BC!
Flag
Ok, I liked this episode. I am thinking than I would watch a "Birds of Prey" series with Felicity as Oracle, with Huntress and Sara as BC. But then, I had already seen the previous BoP series, I think I'll watch any series about it.
I am happy some of the drama is solved. I was expecting some resolution with the clock king, though. Something than Queen Enterprises taking care of his sister, perhaps in exchange for a confession or (in a not so pure good way) some tech assistance. So all is well, but I still think I want Laurel out of the picture. Perhaps moving with Dinah, out of town, to have a fresh start?
Flag
....I have to admit that every time there is an introduction of a criminal character who exists in the comics I am concerned that they are going to make him/her just as elaborate as the comics...i,e, The Trickster from the 90's The Flash show.
But it has been a good integration into the story. Real world criminals who are mostly nuts or driven by greed.
And I like the theory that now Felicity has a forever nemesis. I think without him.....Felicity might have fallen into the backdrop...and eventually worked her way out of the group because of Sara. I give the writes big kudos for making things work so well in this episode.

Flag
I think if Ollie and Felicity got together, it would be like deja vu all over again when Oliver and Chloe got together (from Smallville.). Given that these characters are very different, but the fundamentals would be the same. [Green] Arrow gets together with the computer techy blonde who runs "watchtower".
I have nothing against them getting together though. I like it. I think it is just a matter of time before Sarah disappears for some ominous reason....leaving Ollie standing around, feeling lonely and abandoned. Laurel will be neck deep in trying to get sober so she won't be emotionally available, and Oliver already told her "i'm done".
That leaves Felicity. Who will be sitting there...staring up at him like a lost puppy. It is a given that they get together, even if for one night....until Barry Allen comes back into the picture as the fastest man alive.
Oliver will think it is serious and have feelings for her. Felicity will either make the excuse that she was just a rebound one night stand for Oliver or just be completely unaware of Oliver when Barry re-appears.

And Salde.....I did not see that coming. I didn't expect him to pop up until the end. This sh-- just got real!
More+
Flag
I must be sick, because I sympathised with Laurel during the ENTIRE episode!!!
Flag
No you're not sick. She is a sympathetic character, who they've unfortunately butchered for most of the season. The way she's been acting has been annoying but the reasons for it make complete sense.
Flag
Felicity with her own show, where a bunch of really hot guys work for her. She's into computers and whips. Take it away, writers!
Flag
I honestly found it hilarious that Felicity was feeling all threatened that her place in Team Arrow was at risk or whatever and in the meantime we see Diggle, who has been getting less and less screen time over the course of this season (and I might say, partially because of Felicity's increasing screen time), and he's all cool...

I am genuinely afraid that Diggle will be leaving the Arrow Cave... specially after seeing a certain promotional picture of a certain team that is going to be introduced in the series...
Flag
Laurel has a lot of nerve getting upset at Sara for having "relations" with Oliver. Wasn't Laurel having "relations" with Olivers best friend? Come on now.
Flag
In Laurel's defense...and bile rose at that point. Laurel did have a relationship with Tommy only AFTER she thought Tommy died. In the case of seeing Oliver with Sara...her thing was, Oliver CHEATED on her while her sister, and her sister was a willing participant YEARS ago. Then she invites her sister and her sister invites the very same man that helped, or she considers, destroy their relationship. Her's is not present thinking; but the past. I get it. I'm a girl though. My sister did that and it would be on.
Flag
But didn't Laurel start dating Oliver after she found out her sister liked him?
Flag
"My sister did that and it would be on."

For reals.
Flag
In the words of Laurel, "We don't need your permission, and we sure as hell don't need your blessing."
Flag
I'd be beating a dead horse to say I want sara dead and gone (or caity lotz replaced) so I'll just add this in response to your concerns about diggle possbile spoilers?
Flag
YAY Felicity and Sara I'm shipping it! Who's with me? Anyone? Just me then so... *Scuttles away*
Flag
I'd prefer felicity and katrina law or felicity and thea or felicty and syn(?) but if it came down to it as the last possible lesbian hookup option I guess I' might support felicity and sara.
Flag
I can say that for the first time I sympathise with Laurel. I just want Sarah gone, she's making Felicity suffers.
Flag
I'm an Olicity shipper...but, huh?! How is she making Felicity suffer. Come on. Felicity is a grown ass, smart woman. She can get a man who wants her, who is amazing. She doesn't need a Lance sister, dirty tissue.
Flag
Please how is she making Felicity suffer?

Just because there is another woman who is smart, beautiful and capable of fighting . For once there is someone who Felicity doesnt have a superiority complex over.

Flag
Well, Sara can be smart, but who saved the night ? Felicity. And yes, she is not intencionally making Felicity suffer, it's just her being there, that's enough. And I'm sure that if Slade make Oliver choose between the two of them (because THAT is going to happen), he will choose Felicity.
Flag
WTF? Felicity has a superiority complex? Your in the same boat as gizma1982 but of another extreme. Nuts. Just nuts.
Flag
And you dont think you are being a nutcase yourself?

You sound like one of those extreme Olicity/Felicity lunatics, who jump anyone who doesnt think Felicity/Olicity is the best thing ever.
Flag
the last two things I think of when I see caity lotz as sara are smart and beautiful. quite the opposite.
Flag
Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course... But smart? Sara has proven time and time again how smart she is. In just this episode, she proved her intelligence with genetics that trumped Felicity's own, and showed that she was handy with computers too (though not nearly as handy as Felicity). She also proves her intelligence every time she goes into a fight. As she tells Felicity, since she's a smaller woman, you have to be smart about how you use your bodyweight, and Sara's badassery lives up to that.
Flag
I was referring specifically caity lotz. I can't get past the fact she doesn't appear to know how to breathe through her nose. her gaping mouth and perpetually blank face are the same reason I see her as neither beautiful nor smart. a different actress would perhaps be a different story entirely.
Flag
Aye! I very much agree. For the record, Sara may not be your average beautiful woman, but she has something and I for one am not yet done with her character. Hope to see more of her, and especially her interactions with Felicity, because that is some cute ass shit
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sara's tombstone say she died at 20 on the Gambit? If so, her college town must have an age requirement for tending bar that's below the 21-yr-old legal drinking age.

So, will Slade make Oliver chose between Sara and Felicity (as her image was in the montage at the end of the midseason finale), Sara and Laurel (given all of Oliver's confessing during Year One on Lian Yu), or Sara and Mama?

Flag
I was tending bar at 18. I couldn't drink until I was 21. Maybe it's different from state to state, but it was all perfectly legal when I did it.
Flag
Lets just assume for the sake of argument that in the imaginary town she went to school the drinking age is 18.
Flag
If you want a better view of the poster for this summer's blockbuster movie
https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/439051252517699585/photo/1
Flag
BTW, how crappy is this Clock King if he can't even tell his henchmen why they should wait? He obiously didn't train them well enough, and we're not even clear on why he has any villainous skills at all with which to train them, so why should he expect them to just take his word that waiting in the open is a good idea when all he needs to say afterwards is "5 seconds... guard"?
Flag
In any portrayal, he's always been a control freak who in this case doesn't believe he should have to explain himself to those beneath him; they should just operate as he dictates when he dictates.

Flag
Then they should have built that up before just using it as the hinge to the whole sequence. This apparently isn't their first crime under him, so either he's done a really terrible job training one underling while doing a good job with the other, or it's escalating to a point where it comes to this. So is he psychotic enough to believe he doesn't need to say one word to explain himself, that random people should just trust him? This is cash money at hand, people who magically expect others to blindly follow in this sort of enterprise don't get far, yet he does, so there's a disconnect.
Flag
JT_Kirk, meet the Joker; Joker, meet JT_Kirk. :)

Flag
Sidebar: Do you like or dislike Quentin Lance's Humphrey Bogart accent?!
It is crazy!!!!
Flag
Looks like I might have to accept this whole Sara-Oliver thing, at least for this season. Of course Slade could kill Sara at the end to repay Oliver for the injustices he believes Oliver has caused him, after all she is the girl Oliver choose over Slade's love. I guess its not that I don't like Sara with Oliver, its just that laurel is suppose to be the Black Canary and it will take me a moment to accept the switch, and I'm also worried of what they will do with Laurel's character for the rest of the series? No sister vrs. sister over one man stuff for seasons on end please.
Flag
Don't worry, the producers have stated several times they have a plan for Laurel to become the BC:

As for what this means for Laurel, Kreisberg says, "Everyone knows that Laurel Lance is the Black Canary. That's the way it is in the comic books, but how we get from A to B is the story of our show. In the same way that Oliver, when we meet him, is the vigilante, but this season he's going to becoming the Arrow, that's the step of his journey to eventually becoming the Green Arrow. Laurel Lance right now is a lawyer with a lot of heart and a lot of humanity and courage. But it takes more than that to put on the mask and go out and fight crime. Our series is the evolution of that. People will see how Caity Lotz fits into Laurel's journey along the way. For us, it's very emotional and surprising and exciting. I would say to everybody, we haven't let you down so far. Keep going on this ride with us."

Flag
As I stated in my review of the last episode i'm annoyed that Oliver gets to be with Sara after that crock line he fed Felicity about not wanting to be with someone he could really care about....but whatevs
If I put those feelings aside then I could begin to appreciate this episode. I liked that Felicity was upset about more than just sara and Oliver being together, but at feeling like she had nothing to contribute.
Also I am excited about the backstory of how Sara and Sin develeoped their relationship.
Last but not at all least loved the reveal of Slade at the end, that was enough to make me wish for next week Wednesday to be tomorrow.
Flag
Good Episode. Felicity is mostly back on my good side. The Olicity moment at the end was so cute. "You'll always be my girl." Sigh...

1. I know people hate Laurel. I mean I use to be on of them, but she is growing on me. I'm glad she forgave Sara because if they were going to bicker for the remainder of the season it would have gotten tiresome.

2. I am not sure why I had a love-hate moment with Oliver when he was talking to Laurel. Hmm...I think Laurel needs to find her some new love. Oliver clearly wants Sara.

3. Slade Wilson finally revealed himself, which I am ecstatic about. I cannot wait until he reeks havoc and Ollie has to contain the situation.

4. What is up with Diggle being an EXTREME side character?! He needs more parts.
Flag
You were mad at Oliver because he pulled a sleezy and slept with her sister, again, and put it in her face by going to family dinner. they tried to be together but he broke it off with her and supposedly had been trying to redeem himself for sleeping with Sara in the first place!! Lots of steps back for them, for me it makes a future reunion impossible, and for that I am happy about the Sara situation, cause I don't think they have any chemistry!
Flag
Felicity got shot! her first scar....felt so sad for her this episode, but i think she came back strong in the end...saving Sara and been brave to hack in the safety bank..
laurel annoyed me so much this episode...Good fron Oliver to talk to her about it. The way he brought it was harsh, but needed.
So finally she made up with her sister Sara...i was worrying that we would see them fight till the end of the season...
I missed Roy this episode..saw him like a second or so..
Dig was invisble this episode..he was there, but also not...

Flag
I thought it was decent, but I think some of the 'make up' sessions between characters was pretty hard to believe. Given the vehement hatred in the throwing of the glass and screaming at her sister to get out, and the subsequent scene at the party, my fourth wall was a little bit broken down with how quickly they made up at the end. Also hard to believe was the make up session between Quinn and his mother. On the other hand, I COULD believe when Laurel's father attempted to bury the hatchet with Quinn.

Beyond that, Felicity was great in this article, and fun at times as well. I also liked the link between Sara and Sin, and obviously that was the sole reason for the flashbacks this episode (well, and to prepare us for the stranded to blow up the ship, of course).
Flag
Nice to have the show again, I have a question if any one can help me with, dose anyone know the type of the bike Oliver driving??? Thanks
Flag
Um, Oliver Queen would have to report to the SEC or whatever that he just sold 800K shares of Queen Consolidated for no apparent reason.

And has it been completely forgotten that 'Summer Glau' company owns 50% of Queen Consolidated? How many shares outstanding does QC even have? Selling those shares would mean that Oliver and Co. would own less than half of QC.

How is the the Queen family wealth divided? Moira owns the mansion, some QC stock, case and jewelry, etc. Thea owns a nightclub and such. Oliver owns a lot of QC stock, a Bentley, etc.

The Oliver-Laurel hallway fight.

I'm on Laurel's side.

Oliver 'acted out' FAR worse than Laurel ever did and he didn't even go to college or whatever. It's very gross of Oliver to point out to Laurel that her 'justified' drinking and drug problems led to her unemployment given that Oliver was simply handed a multi-billion company in which he likely gets paid 10s of MMs to do apparently nothing given he's hardly ever working.

Oliver did cheat on Laurel with Sarah, Moira Queen did deserve the death penalty -- Oliver himself would be in prison given he killed a bunch of people and doesn't have a license to kill.

The Lance family has actual family problems. The only family problem the Queen family is having is Oliver decided to sl)t-shame his mother and Thea not getting a ton of money and power from the Merlyn estate. Why doesn't Thea run Merlyn Global? At least she actually has some business experience.

By the way, unless I'm misremembering something, didn't Laurel defend Oliver when he was having legal troubles? Isn't she the main reason he's not in prison? Isn't Laurel a main reason for Thea's relatively very lean sentence when Thea was having legal troubles?

And Oliver has the gall to tell Laurel he's loved her for half his life. Yeah, he was cheated on her with her sister. Yes, he's the main reason the Lance's families lives got so ruined in the succeeding 5 years. Yes, he's dating Sara again. But he has problems too! His mother is likely going to be Mayor. He's worth billions of dollars. He gets to be an awesome crime fighter. He's probably the most powerful person in Starling City. But his sister is entitled to billions of dollars and is a living reminder of his best friend Tommy Meryln. The horror! Oh, and he doesn't own the Queen estate and may have to use those Queen shares to buy his own mansion.

Felicity is going to see a doctor sometime in the future, correct? "So, Ms. Smoake, I see you have a gunshot wound and you were never in the military. How'd this happen?"

The episode even makes the point that: Sara Lance becomes Thea's bartender. And she's probably mainly hired because Thea knows the family and Oliver is friends with Sara.

Oliver gets to be a multi-billionaire and have Chairman and CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation even though he probably doesn't actually do anything for the company.

Side note: Katie Cassidy's make up is FAR BETTER than it used to be. Less is more and a more natural look look a lot better on her than what she had before.

I'm not sure how a feel about Felicity bemoaning that she's not the only girl in Oliver's 'Arrow Cave' and that Sara Lance is perhaps more awesome than Felicity is.

Laurel Lance's storyline seems now to be there for Sarah Lance.

Thea is barely there.

Diggle is barely there.

Moira is barely there.

Felicity is getting more screen time and importance than the other characters on the show who aren't Oliver Queen. Felicity gets to ruin the Queen family dynamic just because she wanted to somehow feel superior to Moira Queen. Felicity gets to not only want Sara gone because she's jealous of Sara, by the end of the episode she gets to say she saved Sara's life even though the only reason it was in danger is because Sara moved to protect Felicity and that distraction allowed the bad guy to 'get the drop' on her.

Katie Cassidy is the second lead and female lead of this series and her character essentially has to beg forgiveness from Sara even though Laurel was correct in what she said last episode or whatever.

Overall, a lot of stuff happened and the highlight of the episode is Slade Wilson revealing himself to Oliver Queen.

I hope that eventually Diggle, Moira, and Thea get something to do. Moira at least is running for Mayor. Diggle saves the city and yet the focus was on how awesome Felicity is. And Thea mostly seems there to give the non-rich characters jobs. How long before Thea hires Laurel as her attorney for the club and whatever else?
More+
Flag
In siding with Laurel, you conveniently forget that she jumped into bed with Oliver's best friend (for lack of Oliver not having a brother). Tommy broke up with her because Laurel was pining away for Oliver (really dumb move on her side). And the second Tommy was gone, she jumped into bed with Oliver.

I don't know if Laurel deserves a lot of compassion for her choices. Oliver wasn't marriage material and I doubt, that he would have tied the knot with Laurel. Sara or no Sara. I think, it was his way to show Laurel, that he got cold feet. In running away with Sara, he made sure, that he wouldn't have to marry Laurel or move in with her.

Sara was secretly in love with Oliver long before Laurel grabbed him. It doesn't excuse the part cheating on her sister, but it has been a long time since it happened. If I had to chose between an ex or my sister, the decision would be easy. Blame it on the dumb*ss who is not my blood.

As for Oliver's lecture in the hallway, I think, that Laurel needed that. And it clearly worked. I hope Laurel will take a long recovery and be out of order for the rest of the season. Her character is completely superfluous now (and hopefully forever, since the creators of the show could change their minds concerning her role, whatever they told us before about Black Canary...)
More +
Flag
Laurel was with Tommy when she 'knew' Oliver was dead. Laurel never cheated on Tommy with Oliver. When Laurel had sex with Oliver again, Tommy had broken up with her. Therefore, Laurel had never cheated on Tommy.

Oliver and Tommy were scions of the two most powerful people in Starling City and both were essentially very attractive young billionaires. What's not to like?

Laurel was already dating Oliver and was already talking to Sara about wanting to move in with Oliver, get engaged to Oliver, and marry Oliver. Sp this: "Sara was secretly in love with Oliver long before Laurel grabbed him." isn't true. Laurel does blame Oliver for being with Sara and she blames Sara.

Oliver's lecture to Laurel only worked in the same way that Arrow decided it was a good idea to have Oliver be against his own mother for apparently not aborting Thea. Or something. I really don't see any other valid explanation for why Oliver would possibly be against his mother for hiding that Thea is the daughter of Malcolm Meryln.
Flag
I'm not saying that Laurel cheated, but she sure as hell is really quick in changing her love interest. And I don't particularly blame her for that, can happen to anybody. But she knew that Oliver had been with Sara and had no problem getting back together with him. So why keep holding a grudge on her sister? She is clearly able to move on if she gets the guy. ^^

Concerning his mother, Oliver was simply fed up. The poor guy killed his sister's daddy, that's a lot to take in. It would have been nice, if his mother had confided in him. Imagine, how he will react if he finds out, that Malcolm is still alive and kicking. I think, it was just the last straw that broke the camel's back.
As for Laurel, he couldn't stand her whining anymore. Who can?
If they need the Black Canary to be called Laurel, kill the older sister and let Sara take her first name as a bow to her and you have a BC that is called Laurel. :D
There is no way, they can turn Laurel Lance into BC without ridiculing themselves completely. Let alone, let her become Oliver's love interest. That ship has sailed, I'd say. (And there's zero chemistry between the actors. They are painful to watch together as lovebirds.)
More +
Flag
it's nice to see someone side with laurel. I do as well.
Flag
Don't expect any real level of thought to be put into this show, because there isn't that much. To be fair though, in the comics the SEC wouldn't have been notified on it either.

Felicity's shoulder wound should have crippled her arm horribly, it was in the place where it would have to be a bone hit.

I think Katie Cassidy's makeup being better this week was intentionally to make the audience see her in a positive light, last episode she looked downright sickly.

Felicity is a terrible Arrow-cave member, she's always getting hacked, getting into trouble, jumping into dangerous situations without backup, pining over Ollie, she's really bad at just sitting there and doing her job. She's cute and well-acted, so they keep throwing her lines, but at some point it's going to turn her into a Mary Sue and we're going to hate her.
Flag
Felicity is ALWAYS getting hacked? No. Felicity was hacked ONCE, which was in this episode night's episode. She has never been hacked before. There was a dummy episode, but that was to bluster Laurel in Blind Spot, but Oliver was just as stupid in that episode. Not to mention in Blind Spot, Felicity was never HACKED as you put it, but she was overridden.

The ONLY other time that Felicity "jumped" into a serious situation was with the Count. Every other time was with back up. So you need to make sense here. Sadly, based on what I explained, with episodes and you could not with your post, suggests that YOU are very wrong with your summation of Felicity.

Pining away for Oliver? Please. The girl has yet to be jealous of many of Oliver's women. The only one I might have thought she was jealous of was Shado. Maybe, but if she should have been jealous of someone. It should have been Laurel, and she was NEVER jealous of her. and she was far from jealous of Sara. Which everyone could see, but you. Even the reviewer here clearly saw she was not jealous of Oliver's ladies. If you say Isabel...I will have to laugh. That woman hates Felicity and Felicity abhors her. That's the woman that tried to ruin Oliver, and tried to fire all the people at QC, and continuously calls Felicity a bimbo. I don't see why she should like her. She was more disgusted Oliver slept with a woman who was in his father's book and tried to ruin him and his. Sadly, she's far from a Mary Sue. But thankfully you are one of the VERY few.

More +
Flag
It is canon that Felicity pines for Oliver and wants to be with Oliver. It is canon that Felicity was jealous of Isabel being with Oliver. That she's jealous of Sara Lance being with Oliver. That Oliver was in love with Laurel Lance. Etc.

To deny that would be like denying that Tommy wanted to be with Laurel Lance.
Flag
Someone's got a crush on Felicity Smoak, didn't mean to insult your fictional girlfriend there, you seem woefully over-invested in this character. Anyway, Felicity's hack in Blind Spot got hacked back on her by a security guard, it's close enough. Felicity's hacking in Sacrifice got traced back to her by the SCPD, she was arrested. Felicity's trojan in Darkness on the Edge of Town got caught by Merlyn's systems. And I think there was something in Tremors. This is the only way they can make Felicity seem human, have her come up short in her computer work, like in Salvation where she just keeps coming up with the wrong info.
Flag
It's always interesting to me when people don't have a plausible response they fall down to marginalizing the other person in order to make themselves feel in some way adequate.

Actually in Blind Spot, her hacking didn't in any way get traced to her AT ALL. That is rather absurd. The security footage Felicity was trying to interfere with caused a noticeable glitch. But there was no tracing or "reverse hack" with the ("hack back on her" you said? &---I don't know what that means).

That is true. That her hack in Sacrifice was traced back to her...although the police cyber crimes expert was was in awe of her ability.

So Felicity is basically worthless and inhumane without computers. That is rather interesting. I find that in most episodes Felicity is actually very much human...If it wasn't the case...a one episode character would NEVER have been able to capture an audiences attention so much they made her a series regular. I am so glad you are of the very small minority. Cause I do enjoy watching her.
Flag
Flag
Yeah, I didn't want to mention the shoulder wound because I was assuming it was 'comic book logic'.

Regarding Katie Cassidy's makeup -- I was referring to her earlier makeup when it was 'caked on'. She looks much better with less makeup.

I forgot to mention that Roy wasn't in this episode much. Felicity is so focused on herself that she's completely clueless to the fact that Diggle isn't as useful as he was before given that Team Arrow now has Black Canary and now that Roy -- who is already perhaps a better fighter than Diggle -- is superhuman. Diggle's usefulness now is mostly because of his military contacts.
Flag
She's likely wearing the same amount of makeup - it's TV after all, no makeup looks really bad in tv camera lenses - it's just different makeup.

Was Roy in this episode at all? I don't remember him there.
Flag
Oh yeah, I remember Roy in there now, thanks.
Flag
Regarding the makeup -- it does seem to be less makeup. And better makeup.

Roy was at the Sara Lance welcome home party at the Queen mansion. He first is seen with Sin. And he's Thea's date at the party -- it seems they are still together.
Flag
Finally someone who agrees with me about Felicity!!!
Flag
It's hard finding people to support a fairly pathetic position, huh?
Flag
Laurel is 100% justified in her hatred for Oliver & Sara! How dare Oliver turn it around and deflect the dick move he's pulling by dating her sister and making her feel bad with her own problems. THAT doesn't change the fact that he's screwing her little sister.
Flag
He has no tact. Throwing the party, showing up to that dinner, I can't believe how insensitive he was being. Then to bring up that he's loved her half his life? So many chances for Laurel to rebuttal, all wasted.
Flag
Totally agree!! Now, he had a point that he has been through hard times, but did he have to throw it in her face at dinner? Did they decide they were a couple? It's so gross! But, good, cause it makes a possibility of him and Laurel ever being together pretty slim (seriously, would you sleep with a guy that slept with your sister, both times while supposedly in love with you?!)
Flag
Completely agree with both of you! What was it Oliver said to Laurel "I have been in love with you for half of my Life, but now I am done chasing you." How are you chasing her when you are diddling her sister? I am glad that Laurel is reconnecting with Sara, but I hope she tells Oliver to keep his distance from her.
Flag
Surprisingly, the Clock King is def one of my favorite villains so far. It helped that he almost sounds exactly like the one from batman the animated series.
Flag
Wish he would have stayed on longer, he is way way way better than the drug king that stayed on so long!)
Flag
Another DC reference/easter egg : When Quentin gets a call on his radio during his first scene with Laurel, his ID is "Delta Charlie 52". DC 52
Flag
You mean the same call sign he had in the first episode of this season?
Flag
Didn't get it in the first episode, thanks for pointing it
Flag
Great episode. This show is getting better and better.
Flag
What an episode, great action and the moments of softness where done so well. When Oliver finally gave it to laurel that scene was sad I shed a little tear he poured his heart out and said wht she needed to hear thankfully it was the kick up the ass she needed. Oh felicity she is always Oliver's girl. SLADE :)
Flag
This series continues to surprise me. Great plot twists, action sequencing, softer moments and yes, even acceptable snippets of melodrama. Nods to the Oliver/Laurel scene in the hallway. Laurel continues to develop her character, adding dimension [and likability] with each passing episode, while Oliver and his team continue to deliver stellar performances. Kudos to Felicity, in particular, for her delivery in this episode. Arrow is one of the very few shows that continues to improve upon already great direction, scripting and cast. I have yet to see what i consider to be a filler episode and hope I never do. God knows I've seen more than my share with other series.
Flag
Nice eye candy for everyone this episode.

It's good to see Robert Knepper making an already good show better rather than making a bad show watchable.

When Oliver got back to the mansion I thought "OK, this'll end with Moira saying something ominous to someone over the phone. No present day Slade this week." OH BOY.
Flag
Count me in the LIKE group for this episode. I very much enjoyed it.

Saving grace for Laurel. And her Dad. Both became a bit more likable in this one.

Oliver's excuse to Felicity (several eps ago) that he can't have a relationship with her because of their working relationship -- and he needs her -- falls flat when he has a relationship with Sara, with whom he also works. "Yeah, but I don't NEED her like I need you" would NOT be a good come back!

Loved the way they handled the villian.

Hated the "virus" that blew up the lair's computers. Come ON!

I hate that Diggle has been marginalized. What's he done at all for the past several episodes?

Sara is bi, so any chance her budding friendship with Felicity will become more? (I hope not.)

Mission Strategy Suggestion: It's a bit silly to have Arrow and Canary travel together and enter the building sites, together -- even though it's a great visual. Much more effective would be to have Arrow go in alone, with Canary skulking in the shadows. Bad guys think they only have to deal with Arrow so they let their guard down and BOOM, Canary gets the drop on 'em.
More+
Flag
I'm not sure what scene you're referring to, but Oliver's excuse for being with Isabel was, "I just don't think I can be with someone that I could really care about" which was... what? Three or four months ago? Oliver is allowed to change head spaces within that amount of time and decide to open himself up to Sara. Felicity really doesn't have any say in Oliver's actions in his love life, and what I like about Felicity is that she knows this, and she only judges him when she thinks that he's making an unhealthy decision to cure his loneliness. You'll notice that she didn't disapprove of him and Sara. She may have wished she was in Sara's position very deep down, but her main concern was where she fit in Team Arrow. That's why I like Felicity.

Sara's currently in a relationship with Oliver. Until they breakup, I think we can assume she won't try to bed Felicity. Though with Sara's questionable love life decisions past, who knows? But I very much doubt it.
Flag
Also Cord Industries is a reference to Ted Cord, The Blue Beetle
Flag
That would be Kord with a K, it was on the company logo and everything!
Flag
Yeah Kord with a K, i'll give you that one
Flag
There was another DCU reference. Professor Ivo's ship is called "Amazo". The name of the super android that he created to fight Superman in the 70's
Flag
Well done for spotting something everyone else did about 10 episodes back
Flag
The writers seem to be setting up plot lines and then dropping them right away this season. Two episodes in a row without much Roy (not that I actually like him, but it feels really out of place that he wasn't involved at all) and the whole thing with Summer Glau's character at the start of the season and now we haven't seen her in what? A half dozen episodes.
Flag
It's unfortunately the Lance storylines that is taking up so much time to clean up...before Roy can enter. It seems they are setting up Sara's background and solidifying her and maybe Sin. Before they really start rewiring to Roy. They wanted to tie some loose ends with the whole Oliver/Laurel, so now that they are broken up/broken up. They are moving up to cleaning the others.
Flag
I would say I agree, but I'm not clear on the time frames for a lot of Arrow's plot. Though, to be fair, I'm not sure Arrow is clear on the time frames for its plot. The time lapse between events early this season and current ones remains obscure to me.

Nevertheless, I've generally not got a problem with shows establishing multiple arenas for action without juggling them all every episode. I'm sure when Oliver has another crisis at Queen Industries, Rochev will be there. Until he's better trained, I'm fine with Roy sticking to the sidelines for a while. He'll still be there when his turn comes.
Flag
I've got a tingly feeling that Isabel Rochev is going to turn out to be Talia.
Flag
I'd go more Lady Shiva or (given the HIVE reference in the most Isabel-heavy ep this season) Queen Bee. Maybe shorten to Queen B, as she owns half of QC, and she has the "B" part down pretty well.

Flag
Wasn't Lady Shiva the one that trained Tim and gave him his staff?
Flag
And the one who retrained Bruce after Bane broke him. But that all of course was pre-New 52.

Flag
She shouldn't, Isabel Rochev is a DC character:
Flag
True, but it's not like they haven't done bait-and-switch before on here.
Flag
The link: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Isabel_Rochev_(New_Earth)
Flag
god I hope not
Flag
Hot damn, what a chemistry. Ollie has chemistry with everyone. EVERYONE. Screw the canon. Olicity 4 life.
Flag
Bad guy was a bit corny but the ep was good. Saras is a bitch. Felicity is so loveable and showed some cute outfits. The ending was the best bit, Oli's was scared.
Flag
While i love Olicity - Sara is awesome, and she is really good at 'handling' Felicity.
Flag
Gotta disagree about Tockman and Sara AND Ollie's state.

This was a very realistic and believable incarnation of the clock king. And, Sarah has become pretty likeable -- though I don't much care for her as part of the team -- at least not sharing the lair and intelligence.

I'd prefer she have her own thing going and that it sometimes coincides with Arrow's outings.

Biggest problem with Sara is that she actually diminishes the need for both Felicity AND Diggle. I mean, what's Diggle done AT ALL this season? He's more like a counselor than side-kick.

And, I don't think Ollie was scared so much as shocked. He thought Slade was DEAD. You tend to think that when you shoot a man in the eye with an arrow.
Flag
Agree with everything except about Sara. WTF? Sara is awesome, she's like a kind of Wonder Woman stand-in.
Flag
Yeah, so awesome, that she sleeps with her sister's ex... that aside, she's cool. ;-)
Flag
To be fair, said sister got her baby sis arrested just so she could bag said ex first. It's not like there's anybody in this little triad whose hands are clean. (Let's not even go into the fact that said sister also banged said ex's best friend.)
Flag
Then she brings the boyfriend problem to a family dinner on the pretext of being worried. When her father and mother would have backed her up. Then makes goo-goo eyes with the shared boyfriend in front of a rather messed up Laurel. That's like pooring vodka in a wound. I am telling you Sara/Laurel hate each other for them to have hurt each other so much and done so intentionally.
Flag
Hey, you can judge after you've been stranded for five years on a hellish island, hung out with Prof. Ivo on his crazy boat, and joined the League of Assassins. ;-)
Flag
And turned bi for a while with a hot assassin until she re-hooked up with Oli.
Flag
My hope is that Felicity trains with Sarah and then becomes the Canary when Sarah either dies or goes evil.
Flag
I love and adore Felicity. But Felicity as Black Canary?! Hell no! I can't see it. Felicity is not a murderer. Felicity doesn't want to hurt people...she looks out for the best in people. I need to see someone like her around. Canary can have the blood on her hands. Felicity doesn't need that.
Flag
I love Felicity just as she is... But if she is ever going to be a match for Oliver she cannot be a good-hearted damsel in distress. She needs to REALLY learn to defend herself. This episode was a step in the right direction, but she needs to toughen up.
Flag
Wrong! Dinah Laurel Lance will be the Black Canary according to the producers:

As for what this means for Laurel, Kreisberg says, "Everyone knows that Laurel Lance is the Black Canary. That's the way it is in the comic books, but how we get from A to B is the story of our show. In the same way that Oliver, when we meet him, is the vigilante, but this season he's going to becoming the Arrow, that's the step of his journey to eventually becoming the Green Arrow. Laurel Lance right now is a lawyer with a lot of heart and a lot of humanity and courage. But it takes more than that to put on the mask and go out and fight crime. Our series is the evolution of that. People will see how Caity Lotz fits into Laurel's journey along the way. For us, it's very emotional and surprising and exciting. I would say to everybody, we haven't let you down so far. Keep going on this ride with us."
http://www.tvguide.com/news/exclusive-arrow-boss-1068064.aspx
Flag
I cannot stand Laurel.... I have not liked her from the start. If she becomes Black Canary I will just not like Black Canary.
Flag
Don't worry. Most Olicity shippers if not all and Felicity fans in general do not want Felicity to be Black Canary. We like her just as is and not that.
Flag
Stay with me on this but I'm hoping Slade kills Sarah kidnaps Felicity and doses her with Miracle (Miracuru). Felicity then escapes but doesn't want to stay with OLi she just vanishes Season Finale. Oli would be grief-stricken and despondent in the interim looking for her. then there are rumors of a new canary.
Flag
Both are stupid ideas. Just make Sara a regular.
Flag
What about Laurel?
Flag
She's useless. Kill her.

Or, barring that, just send her off to Central City to live with mom.

She failed at being a stock "Nice Girl" love interest. She failed at being a brave crusader (because she showed herself to be a self centered asshole). And there's no way in hell that she's going to become a superhero in any reasonable amount of time. Plus she'd be replacing a woman who is superior and better qualified for the role in every way imaginable.
Flag
Ok I guess he's right we can't really turn Felicity into a new Sarah.
Flag
Oblivion Bar where Sara used to work was also a DC reference!
Flag
I'd all but forgotten about the Shadowpact, but it does tie in nicely with the Blue Devil poster on the bus.
Flag
This episode was awesome in my book. I'm not even an Olicity shipper but you just can't help but like Felicity. If her feelings aren't hurt I'm ok with Oliver and Sara.. can even say that I like them as a couple. I'm more of a Marvel girl so I wasn't hurt about the Clock King.. had no expectations. I love the actor that played him. He is always awesome in his "bad guy" roles. Glad he didn't die. HATE that they killed Count Vertigo.. he was amazing... Love bad guys. LOL. And so I was OMGing 'til the cows came home when Slade was chilling on the couch in the living room! I thought the fighting was about to commence. I was like now that we have Slade.. Brother Blood who? Haha forgot all about him. *sighs* Love Arrow.
Flag
I don't understand why there are so many "olicity" shippers. i personally think oliver and felicity are so much better as friends and would make an awkward couple. Oliver and Sarah are more similar and work out together better.
Flag
I can't see Oliver and Sara working out long term simply because of Laurel and that horrible backstory. All we really know is they were sneaking around behind Laurel's back. There's no other history unless something more happened before or on the island. If they suddenly turn them into a love connection based on feelings in place pre-island, their season 1 canon in which Laurel was Oliver's 'true love' unravels. If they suddenly develop feelings in island flashbacks, then what was Shado, exactly? Did she die with her worth being tied up in simply being 'convenient' for Oliver? And it still unravels the season 1 canon and makes Oliver even more of a douche for sleeping with Laurel again, all the while knowing Tommy loved her. It also makes Oliver look super fickle, and his whole speech to Laurel in the hallway about loving her half his life and being done chasing after her the words of an emotionally stunted person who doesn't grasp the idea of real love. I like Sara as Canary, and I like seeing her work with Arrow. But the show shot itself in the foot with the worst backstory of any show I've ever watched. So over it.
More +
Flag
"makes Oliver even more of a douche for sleeping with Laurel again, all the while knowing Tommy loved her."

#this

We're only in the second season and they're already telling us to ignore things they set up in the first season. That's pretty f'ing ridiculous. I know the writers are trying hard to make us all like Laurel again, but does it really have to come at the expense of Ollie's character?

Every time they flash back to the island I groan inwardly, because I know they are going to show me something else that undermines or erases something they've set up before.
Flag
Based on Stephen Amell's recent interview. Sara/Oliver did or might have had a love connection. But all in all they had a much deeper relationship on the island that we have yet to see but will be presented.

Amen. My only issue is watching Oliver be kind of a jerk in the episode. I remember the way he kind of put Laurel before Diggle in situations. I see him reverting to the same mentality with Sara in relation to Felicity. I was like, why is it that Diggle had to tell you something was up with her. And the way he ordered her to do things. But a few episodes in the past he was saying she was his partner. I don't need to see "Ollie," I very much like Oliver. But I notice the Lance sisters bring that personality out of him.
Flag
Yeah, I saw that interview. It's really bad storytelling since the first rule is show rather than tell. And it confirms what I already suspected - they're totally flipping their own canon on its head, and it's making both Sara and Oliver look bad. So we forget the L/O 'star crossed' love of season 1? And they're only in season 2 lol. I honestly don't like it when shows do that sort of thing - tell me to forget what I saw/was told before and go with a new thing that's had barely any mention or setup. Two of my friends stopped watching because they're confused - and most viewers at home don't read interviews to try and figure things out, you know?
Flag
So we forget the L/O 'star crossed' love of season 1?

Well most Olicity fans never had a problem with forgetting that.

Even if you are one or not, you cant say they showed you Oliver/Laurel being an epic romance, pre island or post island. So its not like they had to rewrite anything.
Flag
I don't want her to be a "Chloe" from Smallville... Either let her get some Ollie time or give her someone else that can grow on the fans... Chloe wanted Clark for so long that when she finally got with Oliver (haha... didn't realize I was going there) it seemed forced and unreal.
Flag
You skipped her other guy Jimmy. She married Jimmy and he was killed and only months later she gets involved with Oliver. This is why some Olicity fans want them to kill off a character like Laurel because they saw it done with Jimmy in Smallville. I would hope Arrow is better than that. Another solution is to have Laurel marry someone else. It happened in the comics with Dinah (Laurel). As for Felicity, they could have her meet her own Jimmy (not Barry). One thing that bugs me about this show is there aren't enough ordinary guys especially since they offed Tommy. It's like Felicity is limited to a couple of guys - Oliver and Barry. I can't include Diggle because that relationship is as platonic as you can get. Felicity needs someone who isn't involved in crime fighting right now - someone who'll make her feel like a woman and not a Girl Friday or business partner. Much of her week is consumed with work and the guys she works with - she needs more than that.
Flag
I don't necessarily want Laurel dead - I just don't want her to be Black Canary because I'm having trouble picturing it. She's the least Canary-like character on the show right now. Maybe they can do something else with her? And Jimmy was a lesser character - not one that had a superhero destiny. I guess it was easier to kill him off for that reason. Personally I'd have preferred that they kill off Lana. Talk about a useless character - then they left her in that kryptonite suit forever I guess. That was beyond silly.
Flag
Olicity fans want Laurel dead? We do? I don't want her to die. The last episode actually made me like the character.
Flag
Flag
I agree but for different reasons. One week Ollie tells Felicity he can't have a relationship and then its girl after girl. He is exactly that type of guy I tell girls to get over.
Flag
Er... He told Felicity he couldn't be with her after sleeping with Isabel, and he hasn't been with a single woman until Sara. That was three or four months ago in terms of the show's timeline.
Flag
I don't remember an episode where he was with any other girl or woman before Sara since the Russia episode. Seems like he's just married to his work.
Flag
Oliver Queen has always been a womanizer in the comics, and an on and off relationship with Dinah, he's just like that.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members