An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 5, 2016)

SUPERMAN VS. ARROW NEWS

... Brandon Routh (Partners, haha) has joined the cast of Arrow's upcoming third season. Routh, who played Superman in Superman Returns, will play another superdude from the DC Comics universe: The Atom! Wait, the what? In the comics, the Atom—whose regular-powered name is Ray Palmer—is a scientist who can change the size of himself and other objects. On Arrow, Palmer will become the new owner of Queen Consolidated and might even get in the way of Oliver-Felicity shippers, as he's rumored to be putting the moves on Felicity. I guess things with Michael Urie didn't work out. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... IFC has ordered a second season of The Spoils of Babylon, the fake soap from Funny or Die's Adam McKay and Will Ferrell. The new season, titled The Spoils Before Dying, is a completely new fake book that's being fakely adapted into a fake TV show. In The Spoils Before Dying, Eric Jonrosh (Ferrell) will introduce viewers to a jazz pianist turned private detective who investigates a murder in the 1950s jazz scene. A new cast is being courted, but let's hope the creators make an exception and bring back Kristen Wiig. [IFC via press release]

... Puff up your oversized Q-tips because American Gladiators might be rebooted again. Producer Arthur Smith is giving the athletic competition a new shine by getting rid of the Spandex and making it "a little darker, more intense, more serious." And because trends rule the world, the new version will also be influenced by mixed martial arts and The Hunger Games. I doubt Katniss ever rolled around in a giant hamster ball, though. [TV Guide

... Miley Cyrus's concert special didn't do too particularly well for NBC on Sunday. Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour only drew the eyes of 2 million people and a 0.7 rating in the adult demo. In fact, it was the least-watched program on networks from 8pm onward, despite Fox airing a full night of repeats. Let's hope Miley's fragile confidence isn't damaged by this flop. [EW]

... Watch this not-so revealing look at Season 5 of The Walking Dead as Carol and Tyreese think about throwing Judith into a swarm of zombies as a distraction. Okay, maybe I'm just adding my own hopes. 

... Steven Soderbergh (Traffic) and David Gordon Green (Prince Avalanche) are teaming up for the Amazon pilot Red Oaks. The comedy is set in 1985 and follows a college kid (Submarine's Craig Roberts) who takes a summer job as an assistant tennis pro at a New Jersey country club. Paul Reiser, Richard Kind, Jennifer Grey, and Paul Rudd also star. As is the case with all Amazon shows, you'll be able to watch the pilot and then vote on whether it should be made into a series, and maybe this time Amazon will actually listen. [Amazon via press release] 

CASTING NEWS

... Sam Waterston is joining Netflix's old-person comedy Grace and Frankie, an upcoming series starring Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, and Martin Sheen. Grace and Frankie follows a couple of ladies (Tomlin and Fonda) whose lives are upended when their husbands (Sheen and Waterston) reveal that they're in love with each other and are getting married. And for those of you who are into reunions, this will be a Newsroom reunion for Waterston and Fonda. [THR]

... Confirmed: Naya Rivera WILL be part of Glee's final season. However, the actress who plays Santana will be billed as a "recurring guest star" instead of a series regular, so make sure you update your Glee trading cards. [TV Line]

... CBS's The Good Wife is getting a big injection of handsome! Taye Diggs will guest on the legal drama for multiple episodes as Dean Levine-Wilkins, a Lockhart/Gardner equity partner who moves over to Florrick/Agos with Diane Lockhart. There's no date on when he'll appear, but Season 6 of The Good Wife debuts September 21. [CBS via press release]

... I know you're worried about Jenny McCarthy now that she's leaving The View, but relax! She has a new show lined up, she says, which will be announced at a later time. PHEW. [Salon]

... Lorraine Toussaint, fresh off a badass performance as Vee in the second season of Orange Is the New Black, has joined the cast of ABC's Forever. The new fall drama stars Ioan Gruffudd as a New York City medical examiner who is immortal! Which is ironic because the show is going straight to the top of my Dead Pool list. Toussaint will play a veteran cop who's "seen it all," but has she seen a new drama get canceled after airing only four episodes? We'll find out! [TV Line]

RECENT STORIES YOU MAY HAVE MISSED ON TV.COM

... Five scripts for the upcoming season of Doctor Who have leaked, so beware of spoilers online! You don't want to know that the new Doctor is actually three possums in a trenchcoat! Oops sorry.

... Cory used his super prognosticating skills to predict the Emmy nominees in the comedy field, and he predicted that Super Fun Night will not be present. So far, so good.

... Lily reviewed Sunday's episode of True Blood, and she has some thoughts on the big [REDACTED]!

... MaryAnn is still a brave little soldier for sticking with Falling Skies; here's her review of Sunday's episode.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/25/2016

Season 4 : Episode 23

38 Comments
Comments (38)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I love that the atom will finally make an appearance but I had thought that they didn't want any super powers on the show. Just guys who were heroes not supers.
Flag
awsome :)
Flag

I hear one of the possums is ginger.
Flag
Paul Rudd's trying to come back to tv? WTF?

Flag
The atom sounds a lot like Ant Man.
Flag
The Atom first appearance : 1940 but the Al Pratt version doesn't have any shrinking abilities. In 1961, Ray Palmer is introduced as the Atom, this time with shrinking abilities. Ant Man doesn't come along until 1962. So really Ant Man sounds a lot like The Atom.
Flag
Its great to have Martin Sheen and Jane Fonda back on TV. I just hope the writers will do justice to them and give them good materials to work on. We have seen so many failed returns like The Michael J Fox show.

I am excited aboutThe Spoils Before Dying and I know a few at TV.com will too. I just hope they have an excellent cast like last year.
Flag
I can't wait for Arrow season three!! It seems like the show is continuously getting better, even when it is on summer hiatus.

It'll be interesting to see if Roy befriends Oliver, or if they hate each other, but work together to defeat a common enemy. If they do become friends, how will their friendship be effected by Roy coming on to Felicity? Jealous Oliver... that will be great to see.

I hope the writers are still thinking about bringing Night Wing into the fold as well. How amazing would it be to see that much hero power. Sort of like the S2 finale, pure awesomeness.

Oh! and Lastly!!! If we're lucky, maybe by the end of season three Roy will leave Starling City -handing Queen Consolidated back to Oliver- and takes Laurel with him! That character needs to go. Black Canary or not, she's terrible. Sara's a better Canary anyways.
Flag
Glee, last season...celebrate good times, come on, lets have a celebration!!!!
Flag
Arrow can't help but become more and more frustrating, can it?
Flag
i wish arrow was Bi and Atom was into him instead.
Flag
lol
Flag
"And for those of you who are into reunions, this will be a Newsroom reunion for Waterston and Fonda"
And a West Wing reunion for Sheen and Tomlin.
I smell an Aaron Sorkin conspiracy
Flag
Get ready for the walk and talk to make an appearance. LOL
Flag
"...he's rumored to be putting the moves on Felicity"

I hate him already...and not just because of the deboculous Superman Returns
Flag
I loved American Gladiator. I'll be happy to see it return!
Flag
I'm glad that front-page title was a trick (Superman is coming to Arrow).

I'm cool with Ray Palmer showing up and I think Brandon can pull it off.

I wouldn't be thrilled with an actual Superman showing up though. Maybe later once the city (and viewers) get comfortable with the idea of metas being introduced in Flash we can jump to aliens with god-like powers.
Flag
For a moment you had me fooled with the Superman business.
Flag
Uh-oh, looks like Miley's "shocking" gimmicks are wearing thin. She better come up with some actual talent, quick, or she'll be banished to the same dumpster Bieber is living in.
Flag
You mean the dumpster where they are multi-millionaires at a ridiculously young age and could retire and live a rich, full, private life without lifting another finger, that "dumpster"? As grotesque and sad as they are as "artists", the truth is that their schticks have already proven effective, society has failed to punish them for mediocrity and irritation.
Flag
Pauls Reiser AND Rudd!?! Ok, I'm in.
Flag
Reiser got you excited?
Flag
Isn't the Atom more associated with someone like Flash? I know there was the whole Hawkman association, but since he doesn't have a show.. The Atom was in JLA with Arrow,, but I really can't remember them together much in the comics otherwise. Yeah, I know, comics are not TV, but still...

A scene they should have: Atom shrinks down and hops on one of Oliver's arrows to take a flight across something or to somewhere.
Flag
...despite Fox airing a full night of.

And what a great night of it was! ;-)

I'm surprised by The Spoils of Babylon's renewal. I thought that was surely a one-and-done deal. It was neither great nor awful, but I'll probably tune in for the second season. I tend to like the majority of IFC's original fare. I agree that it would be good if they could find some way to bring back Wiig, even if it's in a different role. She was consistently the best part of the first season.

Flag
Ant-man loses Edgar Wright but Atom gets to be on TV. Bah.
Flag
Jean Loring has already appeared, and in Season one Lauren mentions being friends with a Ray and Jean--could they be establishing Ray as an old friend of Oliver helping him out?
Flag
I'm more surprised they didn't go with Ted Kord/Blue Beetle, but then, I was mostly hoping they'd go WAAAYYY left field and bring in someone like Michael Holt/Mr. Terrific.
Flag
Well The Green Arrow is, in MANY ways, a Batman analog. Heck the old comics (and occasional cartoon) made fun of it. Which is fine, they've made GA into his own person but it's still very Batman-y.

But Ted Kord is ALSO considered a friendly and light-hearted Batman. Themed gadgets, keen intellect, acrobatic skills, inventions, etc. Only he makes jokes and doesn't have as many daddy issues. Also, Bwa ha ha.

So... putting two Batman analogs together would seem odd. Ray Palmer is different enough to make it interesting.
Flag
I'm not opposed to Ray Palmer at all, I guess I just thought they'd play it safe and go with the safe and simple choice of Ted Kord, but then, this isn't Smallville anymore either...
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Just because some people didn't like his potrayal of superman, doesn't mean the Arrow writers are going to make similar mistakes with this not superman character. Just wait and see.
Flag
Remember Brandon Routh from that god-awful Superman movie?! Jesus Christ! Thanks for getting our hopes up then taking a giant shit on us.

Flag
Yes, he did play Jesus Christ in that god-awful Superman movie, Bryan Singer thanks you for remembering.
Flag
so.. Marvel's doing an Ant-Man movie, so DC puts their version on Arrow. makes sense I guess.

I tried to like The Spoils of Babylon but I had to force myself to watch past the first episode, and I only did so because or Kristen Wiig.
Flag
The odds of this character doing any shrinking on Arrow are slim and none.
Flag
Brandon Routh played superman in man of steel? please...
Flag
There have been more bad Superman movies than good now. Every actor who has played Superman on the big screen in the last 40 years has turned in a bad Superman movie. :-(
Flag
That largely has to do with the fact that the concept is long overdue for revamping. DC refuses to do that.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members