An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 5, 2016)
The cliffhanger of Time of Death has had me so insanely excited that it has galvanized me to post about the show today. As seen through both the present day and the island flashbacks Oliver and Slade are racing towards a huge battle. We have seen each of their skills when facing various foes. Based on all of that my question isn't so much who is better, but how the hell can Arrow beat Deathstroke in the present day?

We have seen Oliver beat a Mirakuru powered foe once so far(Cyrus Gold), but he barely won and on top of that the guy wasn't a super skilled fighter. Just a powerhouse. Oliver is incredibly skilled in many ways, but I cannot fathom him beating Slade. So why don't we as a community play a game. Let's post about the advantage both Arrow and Deathstroke have whether that be personal skill or even allies and debate over who would win. This doesn't have to be one on one. We can utilize all of Team Arrow and any other weapons at each man's disposal. I'll start us off and double as an example.

I'll post in a separate post from this OP one point of discussion and we can discuss in detail how much of an advantage it is or how it could be a disadvantage for either Arrow or Deathstroke. Just reply to it with your views and if you want to discuss another point make a separate post and we can reply to that in the same vein. Let's begin and have fun!
36 Comments
Comments (36)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
The way I see it's not just revenge that moved Wilson to go to Starling City. The allies (probably the League of Assassins) he said he has are coming to town to put it on its knees, Wilson's hunt and silent games serves the League's purposes. For starters keep the Arrow distracted from their real agenda, so he doesn't figure their plan until it's too late.
I think the League plans to use Wilson as a distributor of the Mirakuru so they can have a city of delusional monsters to destroy itself, it will be up to Oliver to stop them.
But in order to do that he'll have to get pass Wilson and his thirst for vengeance. Wilson is stronger because of the drug, but Oliver has better skills built in his years in the island.
But beside all of that I think Starling City will be Oliver's ultimate weapon to beat Wilson. I mean, he knows the city better than Wilson and that will work in his favor.
Given the League's silent MO (Oliver doesn't know they're behind Wilson), this showdown between them will open a huge door for Ras Al Ghul's agents to enter the city. They're backing up Moira's mayoral campaign as a way to infiltrate the city administration. It is very possible that in the next season we have the newly developed animosity between Oliver and Moira reach a whole new level, which means that his own mother will end up being his ultimate opponent.
More+
Flag
Most practical/ easiest/ logical way to beat slade
-slade alone vs oliver alone:-
Only way olver can win is if he keeps his distance , use his strengths which are agility , speed , archery etc. slade is unbeatable in close encounters , if oliver is within reach of his palm , he will crush him.
So oliver should rain arrows over him from a safe distance , they should be special arrows like punching arrows , blasting arrows , electrocuting arrows etc. I think with blasting arrows , oliver alone can beat slade . But we need to involve team arrow so here is how it should go.
-Slade vs team arrow:
Oliver-
he should keeps doing the same as i explained above , keep firing special arrows .
Sara-
she should incapacitate slade with her canary scream devices , and may be throw batons and sticks on him , better if those are exploding too .
Roy-
while slade is fighting with olivers blasting arrows and canaries screams , roy gets close to slade and deliver some hand to hand action while he is too busy to handle blasting arrows , sticks and screams .
Felicity :
monitors whole situation via satellite and keeps oliver and sara at a safe distance from slade guiding them about their positions relative to slade via comms .
Diggle :
Not needed though, but he can help roy in close combat with slade , or may be they can give him a sniper rifle , i dont think slade is bullet proof.
or he can keep getaway car running if things dont go as planned and team arrow needed to run away.

More+
Flag
I just don't see why they cannot reconcile at some point. After all, they were good friends for a long time before Shadow showed up. I mean it was such a huge hatred on the part of Slade/ Deathstroke, he could have killed him many times on the island and out. It is clear that the drug he took altered Slade's psyche, but as all drugs, it does weaken its hold with time. Maybe his position is more as an agent of Ras Al Ghul's than a personal hostility. anyway, I still hope for peace between both men.
Flag
While we've only seen a part of their relationship on the island, I would have liked it that the moment that Oliver's mother introduced him to Slade, he just hugged the guy and said how glad he was to see him.

Cheezy and silly, sure. But that hug would probably confuse Slade and maybe defuse any hostility. What happens on a "Hellish Island" stays on a "Hellish Island". :o
Flag
I'd like to see an under-dog win.
Maybe something like Slade has beaten Oliver almost to the point of death. And while Slade is standing over him, not looking, thinking he's won, little Felicity stabs him in the back, kills him, and saves the man she loves.
Or something to that effect.
Flag
I wish we knew more about Slade's team
Flag
Maybe Slade can kill Roy. That would be great.
Flag
WHAT?!? No, I love Roy, every superhero needs a mini-me. Plus he is gorgeous. Lets kill Laurel. Oliver has a girlfriend (Sara) already and a backup (Felicity).
Flag
A superhero needs a mini me that can act and convey emotion with his face. Roy can do neither. He makes Channing Tatum look like an Oscar quality actor.
Flag
i do agree about the acting part, but i like the character and i think it can have a great role in the show and in the team, maybe we can do a collection and raise some money for acting classes, after all he is still young.
Flag
If Arrow learns Barry Allen is the Flash he can ring him and ask him to handle it, problem solved before he can click End Call on the mobile.
Flag
Exactly what I was about to say!
Flag
I suspect based on Slade's intro speech to present day, that we are unlikely to see a real fight in the present until Slade has destroyed Oliver.
Flag
Oliver has defeated Slade before, so we've been told, so I fully believe that he could do it again, one-on-one. However, I don't think that Oliver has it in him to finish the job, so Slade will always come back.
Flag
Slade knows Oliver and Oliver knows slade they know each other strengths and weaknesses and can and will use that knowledge, I'm still on the fence whether team arrow can help for me I think as soon as one is in danger Oliver will be distracted and put himself in unnecessary danger, slade knows that Oliver cares which is why he rocked up at his home and tied to his mum.
Flag
Well, it'd kinda be nonsense for Team Arrow to kill Deathstroke. He's too important to the DC universe.

One-on-one, Deathstroke should easily be able to beat Oliver. He's simply too superior in every way.

Team Arrow could defeat Deathstroke.
Flag
Obviously being all super-serumed up doesn't make your eyeballs invincible. Oliver already took out the first one, just put an arrow in the other - shouldn't be the hardest shot Oliver has had to make. Do a Polyphemos, blind the guy, that should even the odds nicely.
Flag
Team Arrow

Oliver has his support team at his back at all times. Felicity can provide technological expertise and Diggle provides extra muscle and own strategic mind stemming from his past as a soldier. They can potentially dissect what makes the Mirakuru tick and maybe(???) figure out a weakness of Deathstroke's.

Roy is another important member of Team Arrow simply because he is also Mirakuru powered. He can provide Oliver the literal strength he needs to fight Slade.

Sara Lance otherwise known as the Canary might be Oliver's most important ally simply due to her incredible expertise in combat. She was trained by the League of Assassins and has seen Deathstroke fight before.

Is Team Arrow an advantage for Oliver or an advantage for Slade? What are your views?
Flag
They are an advantage for Oliver and Slade knows it, which is why i think he'll try to destroy them separately. That way Oliver will be completely alone, much like how Slade felt after Shado's death. Roy might be Team Arrow's best bet because Slade knows less about him.
Flag
Divide and conquer.
Flag
How much does Slade know about Oliver's team? I guess we can assume he knows as much as Sebastian Blood does, but I'm not completely sure just how much Blood's put together.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members