An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 5, 2016)
Was going to post at TV forum, but everything according to Gislef (hey brother), is being moved here. I too was skeptical about superhero stuff on TV. The animated yes, but the live action, beyond Heroes has left me blah.

But I looked at online reviews and just finished all of season one of arrow on netflix. There are several things I like. One, I loved that they didn't do this 30 minute backstory on how he came to be, but showing several episodes where he learns basic things and isn't just a bada$$ all of sudden. Two, all the women can fight, Laurel, Huntress, even Mamma Queen can handle a gun. Three I love that even those in his circle; Diggle and Felecity have questions about boundaries and lines. Don't remember hearing too much of this morality in the bat cave. Finally, I love the old fashioned end of show cliff hangar, plot twist, and irony. It's kinda like having a twilight zone outer limit experience but with superheroes.
Overall it's really enjoying story and fight scenes. I'll start recording the new episodes with the hope of getting caught up somewhere in the spring.
Comments (9)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Staff
Hello! Glad to see you joining the communities! Check out our explanation post describing the differences between a Post type and a Discussion type of post. Post types don't have to be long - but this is a perfect example of one :)
Flag
Did I miss the difference? By the way, is there a way to change my notification settings so that I get an email when folks respond to my posts? I'm putzing around my settings in my profile, but not seeing it right away
Flag
Staff
We don't currently offer email notifications but it's on our list! Discussion posts should be question based. Maybe you want to see what other users thought about an episode. A post type is when you want to share your own thoughts, as you did here.
Flag
Welcome to the communities, as an "old-timer" (@Vicky8675309 words), you will like it here. If you liked Arrow season 1, you will like season 2 even better. As the show progresses, the characters and their interacting gets better. I liked season 1 and love season 2.
Flag
Thanks. I'm kinda waiting for the reruns for season 2 as I record the new ones. Been a while since I've liked a new series that has 22 episodes. I've gotten used to the 12-18 format.
Flag

I think you will enjoy season 2 even more than season 1~~for the same reasons you liked season 1.
Welcome to the communities "old-timer";-)
Flag
Thanks for the welcome. I guess evertting is migrating from TV.com to this new community/blog format.
Flag
And you will likely be addicted once you start Season 2, while I didn't have any issues with the standalones that existed in the first season, the story telling has picked up the pace and they deal with the fall out of Season 1. Like a lot. But by far the most interesting thing is that they went and made secondary characters a lot more interesting. You are going to find yourself liking Thea, intrigued by Roy and, well, there is a third person in that group too you don't meet until Season 2.
Flag
Thanks Kate. I try not to view the discussions of season 2 because I don't want to spoil it for myself. however I see refernces to Black Canary and Flash. Looking forward to it. I also realized Thea keeps being called Speedy and watchin Roy as well
Flag
Follow this Show
Members