An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 8, 2014)
Last time I covered the possible heroes that might turn up because of an incident at S.T.A.R. Labs, so now its time for the bad guys!

Annnnd once again, this is going to get nerdy, so if comic book references annoy you - stop reading now.

This will cover possible villains - ones whose backstory can be explained with by a lab accident, so aliens, time travelers, and anyone associated with magic are out (if their abilities could be explained via a lab accident feel free to use the comment section to explain your choice)

Obviously I am going to miss some, because there would be too many to list, so dont be offended if I miss a favorite - add them in the comments

I am going to focus on villains tied to Green Arrow and teams that he has been a part of,
so first we have...

Deathstroke AKA Slade Wilson - So far we have seen Slade on the Island with Oliver, but in the DC universe he is a metahuman (Known as Deathstroke The Terminator). His enhanced abilities (enhanced speed, strength and higher brain functions) could easily be explained via a lab accident.

Next...

Onomatopoeia - A serial killer who targets non-powered, vigilante superheroes. He earned his name because he imitates noises around him. It seems that he may be able to perfectly imitate these sounds but that has been left ambiguous - possibly an experiment gone wrong or a device like Black Canary's sonic gadget.

Brick AKA Daniel Brickwell, a Star City crime lord with superhuman durability and strength - he may turn up without powers in Arrow due to current storylines - rebuilding a broken city and political shenanigans.

Psimon AKA Dr. Simon Jones - A powerful psychic with telepathic and telekinetic powers received his powers while conducting an experiment. He is usually used as a mercenary so he would fit in with Arrow's current strategy (much like the way they used Bronze Tiger).

The Masters of Disaster - Any of this groups abilities could originate from a lab accident. Powers include Hydrokinesis, Cryokinesis, Aerokinesis and Aerokinesis. They tend to work as mercenaries and little is known of their origins.

Clayface AKA Various - There have been several versions of Clayface. His powers generally come from being chemically altered, giving him a malleable clay like body, which can regenerate body mass, change shape, size, density and shape-shift into any form he could think of, as well as superhuman strength, agility, stamina and durability.
He has crossed Green Arrows path a few times.

Blockbuster AKA Roland Desmond - A criminal mastermind with superhuman strength, stamina and durability, his abilities come from a steroid. He normally worked out of Bludhaven, but because Bludhaven has already been mentioned in Arrow, he is a possibility.

Dr. Arthur Light - Founder of The Fearsome Five, member of the Suicide Squad and foe to several DC hero's and groups. At one point he actually kidnapped Green Arrow, and has been allied with Merlyn and Deathstroke at certain points. As well as being a genius physicist, he has a mastery of light which includes photokinesis, invisibility, energy projection, flight and he can create force fields. It has also been revealed that Dr Arthur Light is a serial rapist - which may fit in with Arrow's grimier reality.

Captain Boomerang (II) aka Owen Mercer - Son of the original Captain Boomerang, as well as using boomerangs as weapons (i know its goofy), he also has bursts of super speed - and considering that they are introducing The Flash, he could be a possibility.

Mammoth and Shimmer AKA Bran and Selinda Flinders - Metahuman brother and sister. Mammoth has superhuman strength, durability and stamina. Shimmer has the ability to transmute any element or compound into another. They are enemies of the Teen Titans and Justice League.

Cupid AKA Carrie Cutter - Originally a special-ops soldier, she underwent experimentation with the military organization COBALT which gave her certain abilities (enhanced senses and vision) but drove her insane - so instead of COBALT, she could easily be at S.T.A.R. Labs. The fact that she become obsessed by Green Arrow makes her another possibility.

Poison Ivy AKA Dr Pamela Isley - Her physiology was changed after experiments by Dr Jason Woodrue, her touch became deadly, but now she was immune to all poisons, viruses, bacteria, and fungi. She also gained the ability to produce pheromones that she could use to seduce men into doing her bidding. She also has Chlorokinesis a connection to the plant world through a force called the Green. She is able to manipulate and animate plants and well as transmogrifying them into different forms.

Of course there is one villain who could easily be created via a lab accident:

But I would prefer he stuck with Batman.

There are a lot more villain possibilities and I have probably missed loads, so discuss them in the comments.
Follow this Show
Members