An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 5, 2016)
So it doesn't sound like they're in much of a hurry to get the Hourman show rolling. Or Amazon, either.

But I read one review about "Blast Radius" and a reviewer mentioned that the Mirakuru serum (Japanese for "miracle"), might be the Miraclo drug from the comics... that Hourman uses to get his super-strength.

So I haven't heard yet that the Hourman CW show will feature anything other than prophetic visions. But... could Mirakuru be a backdoor intro to the Hourman series?
Comments (7)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Well, the Mirakuru serum is permanent, it either kills you or you become a super human. The "Miraclo" drug is only good for one hour and in the story line, it becomes an addiction etc.. Who knows.. maybe the Miraclo pill will be a derivative of the Mirakuru serum. But Hourman was part of the JSA.. so, in the days of the war. Who is to say that the original Hourman's research wasn't somehow linked to Mirakuru.
Flag
In the comics, though, the 60-minute visions were permanent. Or were they tied to that hourglass necklace the android Hourman gave the Rick Hourman? He never seemed to be able to turn them off, which should have been easy if he could take off the necklace and end them.

But again, that depends on if they go the Hourman = Superstrength route, which I don't think they've said yet.
Flag
About DC not being in a hurry, they've got there hands full with The Flash,Gotham, Constantine, iZombie & Hourman live action tv shows. Add in the cartoons plus Superman 2 and the Justice League movies.
Now it all depends on how ambitious DC are trying to be, but the only shows that couldn't share a common universe would be Gotham and the cartoons, so having DC take its time isn't a bad thing.
Tying Arrow and Hourman together wouldn't be difficult, just make Mirakuru based on a formula that the new Hourman's grandfather developed, job done. And it might then tie in with the "spoiler" that Ollie isn't the first vigilantte.
Flag
Amazon is NOT happening -
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/wonder-woman-prequel-amazon-dead-671309
Flag
If you check back on some of the articles I posted on the communities page they mention that the serum is a plot device to tie in Hourman; and Hourman is mentioned as a pilot that won't happen any sooner than next fall at the earliest and if at all(it has not been green-lit yet).
Flag
Right, but what I find interesting is that so far the super-strength/pesonality-changing angle hasn't been mentioned in connection with Hourman, just the precognition.
Flag
I'm wondering if they are taking a wait and see on Flash. If its even moderately successful I expect there to be more roll out of series linked to Arrow (and Flash). Constantine is ripe for spin-offs as well. That is an excellent platform for world building the mystical/magical realms of the DCU.

I'm a little leery of Gotham, but it would be very awesome if a young Quentin Lance made an appearance, or got name dropped, on Gotham. Come on DC give me a cohesive live-action DCU, I dare ya!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members