An Arrow Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning January 25, 2017)
SURPRISINGLY. Oliver Queen had dated/flirted every interesting women who enters the show. It seems Oliver is really good with arrow, and is now qualified to be the Cupid. But who do you think is his best romance? These are the candidates, and my opinions were stated below.

1. Lance Laurel

Well, honestly, I'm not a fan of this woman. Is it just me or some other else find her annoying. She must get her shit together. Drunkard lawyer just lost it. She's been a huge problem to her father and as well as to our hero. I understand that things doesn't go well to her but, she must be strong.

2. Helena Bertinell (Huntress)

I find her story interesting. She was introduced to Oliver as if there was a mystery to discover. I love the scene where they've been fighting in a restaurant, and then sooner discovers their identities. It is just perfect. I've ship this, but knowing that they have different goals and purposes in life, i just gave up, and move on to other ships:).

3. Shado

This tough hot chick helped Oliver big time. She taught Oliver some awesome arrowing skills and stuff. Character with some moves to show-off is a really big criteria to be Oliver's perfect match. She have it. (y)

4. McKenna Hall

Too bad that this Officer had to leave. But her relationship to Oliver is risky. Being a loyal crew to the law, really makes her incompatible to Oliver, who have crossed the law to the nth time. so nuh,

5. Felicity Smoak

I really like their relationship, but it's just complicated. She's like repeatedly assistant-zoned . But i can still feel the sparks. Are you still hoping that they will hook up someday? Yes. But when? I really feel sad for her but Barry entering the picture making Olicity weak. Or no. It just made it stronger for they show jealousy towards others and that's cute, eh?

6. Isabel Rochev

I hope to know more about this woman. She's really hard to predict, and that makes me curious about her role.

7. Sara Lance (Black Canary)

An awesome character who possess a really good chemistry with the Arrow. Cool stunt held by her, and amazing story brought by her. I knew that there's really something about her for Oliver chose her over Laurel during the boat trip. I just love her being around Oliver. Period.

I've not yet settling for someone, but Felicity and Sara are my top finalists.

So who do you think? Comment your opinions/reasons.

poll

54 Comments
Comments (54)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I'm a huge Olicity fan. Maybe because I'm a sucker for the couples that will never be...hello Bella and Jacob!!
Oy.
Nevertheless I'm a little pissed at Oliver right now and I don't know if he deserves Felicity. Since he fed her that crock about not wanting to be with someone he could really care about when he has done it repeatedly and is currently doing it with Sara.
Flag
I think Oliver needs a timeout. His love life is pretty toxic between Sara and Laurel, the worst sisters on the planet. I'm an Olicity fan, but I also liked Shado. Poor Shado :(. And right now after all this Lance nonsense? I think Felicity deserves better.
Flag
Love "Olicity" but they will lose that spark if they ever actually get together. I hope the show holds off for a looooong time.

Dont care much for Laurel (was actually hoping they would kill her off at one point) BUT I could see potential if they toughen her up. And hopefully soon because she doesnt seem to have a purpose anymore.
Flag
I konw this is a stretch but what if the Lance Sisters went bye bye and Felicity is trained by diggle and oliver and becomes the Black Canary! Boom! End GAME!
Flag
I would love it if Arrow did the unexpected thing and made Olicity endgame instead of Laurel/Oliver (or maybe Sara/Oliver since she's Black Canary.and not Laurel). Because why not? They're changing things all over the place, why not this? But the debate's pretty old. It's comic canon vs. TV adaptation - and comic canon usually wins the war if not all battles. Same happened with Smallville. Lots of fans would have loved Chloe getting together with Clark for real instead of Lois, but I do have to say they made Lois and the pairing work in the end.

When it comes to Arrow, I have to be honest: I don't like Laurel. Right now she's pretty annoying and not a good fit for Ollie at all. I'm also not convinced that she'll ever be a good fit. There's this whole history between them and I'm not sure if she could (or even should) get over the fact that he's cheated on her with her own sister and is now sleeping with her again. She'd also really need to take a level in badass - but then again Katie Cassidy is playing her, so we now she can play that pretty well (liked her Ruby the most).

What I would absolutely HATE is for Ollie and Felicity to get together for a short while and for it to not work out. And then they'd decide they're better off as friends. The sad thing is that this is a real possibility. They've been pretty upfront about Felicity's crush on Oliver and I think it's also pretty clear that Oliver really cares about her, so the above scenario is not too far-fetched, especially knowing the CW (and again, what happened on Smallville). They're still my favourite pairing and I'm kind of praying that they only really get together in the very last season and that it sticks.

Sara's not too bad a fit, but I get the feeling that they're both a bit too damaged to make it last.

Isabel Rochev is, if my research's correct, destined to become an enemy, McKenna was nice, but not much more, Shado is dead, unfortunately (they could have been awesome) and Helena is well, complicated.

Arrow has done some pretty unexpected things so far, so maybe not all hope is lost when it comes to Felicity.
More+
Flag
This is the most encouraging thing I have ever read :)

-a Olicity Shipper-
Flag
Shado? She's dead.
Flag
Characters who are supposed to be dead have a tendency to not be so dead after all on this show.
Flag
Yeah, but it would be a really big stretch bringing her back after we saw her get shot point blank in the head.
Flag
Right? It would be like bringing Malcolm Merlyn back after we saw him take an arrow to the heart. Totally ridiculous.
Flag
I love Felicity, and I do think that she and Oliver might end up together one day, but I don't think that now is the time for them. Today's Oliver is just not a good mach for Felicity and she is not a very good mach for him. I think that in the place he is now Sarah is a better mach. Just like Oliver, she too has been through a lot and they understand each other better than anyone else could. They can be there for each other and help each other heal. Maybe in time if Oliver changes, becomes less moody and more relaxed maybe than he and Felicity can give it a go but for now I think Sarah is the best choice for him.
And I sincerely hope he never ever gets back together with Laurel because she is simply put horrible. Her sister is far more likeable character and I really hope she sticks around for a long time. The show would be way better if they just killed Laurel off and left Sarah in Starling City
Flag
I love the match Olicity... But I think if something ever happens between those 2, it's gonna ruin everything. Or at least not now, it's way too soon, and there are tons of things to develop in their relationship... That's the most interesting part!:) let him be single, it's better!lol
Flag
Yes why can't people just be single and keep it in their freaking pants?!?!
Flag
In every possible category but one Felicity wins this in a landslide.

But, timing is everything and Oliver isn't there yet. While he might not be at the same level, he cares deeply about Felicity, but he's self aware enough to know just how damaged he is and that he isn't in her best interest...yet. A few seasons of breaking down barriers, emotional healing and perhaps a traumatic event after which Felicity can provide her own special kind of comfort...then we can talk, cause it's gonna happen.

Until then, Isabel and Sara make a nice one two combination.
Flag
Common! I love Felicity, and it's known that she is in to Oliver. But HE is NOT in to her, so there is no sparks. I think people are just seeing what they want to. I know that Felitity would be good for him, but Olie likes dangerous girls, except Laurel. For Post-island Oliver Laurel is even more wrong choice, he needs equal, that is reason why Sara is perfect.
Flag
Felicity is one of the finest things about the show.
But I really liked Helena.
Lots of simmering passion between her and Oliver.
Flag
Olicity has a CHLARK vibe all over.I hope it ends better.(than that one)
I think it has better chances with Black canary ot the Huntress.
Flag
That's true, but in Smallville, Chloe found her very own green arrow (literally) so hopefully Felicity will get hers. I liked her a lot with Bart, they were really cute.
Flag
I like the chemistry and relationship between Felicity and Oliver the best. I'm really rooting for them. But I don't mind him with Sara.

As for Isobel, I'm like you - I just want to see more of her and know more about her. I liked her and Oliver in the Russia episode, but I need to know more about her to know if I'd actually ever ship them. I suspect she may end up working against him, anyway. Either way, more Summer Glau on this show please!

I still don't really care for Laurel, and while I know she's big to the Arrow franchise, I can't help but feel she'd be better killed off or something.

Oh, also - no idea if Helena would be returning ever, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that liked her - I seem to remember most people didn't.
Flag
Only six votes for Summer Glau? C'mon people, if nothing else, she's a much better actress than the others. And considering what kind of person Isabel is, we wouldn't have to suffer through the usual relationship drama.

Olicity would spend 75% of the time showing how disappointed they are with each other, and the remaining 25% trying to look cute by rubbing noses and whispering softly to each other.
Flag
u forgott lois lane, waaaaaait, thats another tv show

ahhahahaha
Flag
There's no other option: Felicity Smoak. Funny, intelligent, pretty.
Flag
Also: Far too much lipstick, and a bad match for Oliver.
Flag
You'll see ;)
Flag
Your question is a little confusing. Are you saying who do we think has been his best "romance" on the show so far, or who do you think he should hook up with in the future because if it's the first than t he hasn't had any romantic interludes with Felicity and when he hooked up with Sara she was not the Black Canary and not this strong personality that all these comments make her out to be. For that mater he wasn't even the Arrow when he hooked up with most of them so his perfect relationship would be hard to judge without taking that in to consideration.?

Flag
So, if you're asking what has been the best "romance" than out of the four choices that we have with the pre-hood Oliver it would have to be Shado because we never really learn exactly what kind of relationship he had with Laurel or McKenna and Sara was a forbidden fruit booty call, not romance. And Hood Oliver, out of our four choices it would have to be Helena cause that hook up was more than just a quick thing to move the plot along, but an actual storyline.
Flag
If you're asking who should he hook up with now than, a tripple tripple NO for Sara. It would demand, take away way too much focus from all the other story plots. If I'm not mistaken Shado is dead so that would make him a necrophiliac so I don't know why she is on the list, and if he was to hook up with Felicity ( which could be cool and wouldn't require as much focus as Arrow and Sara) it would probably be so that they could break up and have her be unable to do her job anymore and in depression move to the new Flash show which would mean Arrow would loose one of its better characters to help make the new Flash show a success, so I'd have to say its Laurel since the story plot is already placed in the show, its close to the comics even if she isn't the Black Canery like she should be, and if not her than some future character yet to show up.
Flag
He can't date Felicity, the tension between them is fantastic.
I think he will end up with Laurel but I'm intrigued by Isabel Rochev.
(Speaking of, why have Summer Glau on your cast list and only include her in four episodes? That's like buying the crown jewels and leaving the crown behind!)
I'm not overly convinced by any of them just yet, the chemistry was only really there with Helena but I don't think she'll be back.
Flag
I agree with both you and tnetennba, Summer Glau is being criminally under-utilized in this season, something I see as symptomatic of a regular cast getting a bit bloated. It must be hard work for the writers to find lines and action for Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Laurel, Det. Lance, Sara, Moira, Thea, Roy, Blood and Slade week in, week out, let alone the guest players!
Flag
Felicity: because deep down inside Oliver strikes me as the traditional type that just wants to go home after work and chill with his significant other.

...or, in this case, go back to his secret lair and chill with the sidekick after a hard day cleaning the City from super villains.
Flag
Sarah all the way she is a complex character and so is Oliver they match each other perfectly. As said below by Mazzie I would normally have voted for felicity as I see the chemistry between them but since Sara came back I just love her and together with Oliver is just perfect they have fire together and fire is good
Flag
Sara is the best match for Oliver.
I would normally vote for Felicity because she is awesomesauce but ever since Barry appeared, I am totally rooting for them because they have such a sweet sweet chemistry and I blame this all on actor who was awesome.
Flag
I'm glad he got cast to play Flash in the new Flash series he was just brilliant and bought a lightness to being well eventually being a superhero.
Flag
Actually, they did cast Barry's love interest, and he did mention that he understood what it was like to (paraphrasing here) be attracted to someone who didn't see you. That was his relationship with Iris for a loooooong time, apparently.

I wouldn't mind if they did Felicity cameos on the Flash, BUT one thing I do NOT want to see is an Iris/Barry/Felicity love triangle, where Felicity (of course, since she's on Arrow) gets ousted. C'mon, guys, give her a real kick-ass superhero of her own who isn't intimidated by Oliver. I like Barry, but Oliver needs to be taken down a few pegs where Felicity's concerned, and she needs a romantic life outside of him for a while.

And *then*, yes, get them together, when Oliver's got his head on straight and she's confident in herself. :)
Flag
Yes. Totally gonna watch Flash. Hope Felicity does some cameos there.
Flag
I was secretly hoping that Flash's show would get shelved and he would join team Arrow!!
Flag
Don't ship too hard for them, Flash has a secret love/girl next door from the comics (although funny enough, I would forego both his comic girl and Arrow's Laurel for Felicity! It's just the way she's the only real character there!)
Flag
I don't know. Barry was invested in Felicity before lightning stroke him. He didn't wonder about his secret love, if that was intro into Flash, then he might still feel something for Felicity when he recovers....*ships so hard*
Flag
You know, for such a beautiful cast (with a beautiful lead), I don't actually detect a lot of heat with many of his love interests.

Laurel just doesn't know him anymore, if she ever did. There's something oddly dishonest and a little desperate between them, even if neither of them thinks of it that way. It's like they were both trying to recover something they'd lost, which wasn't really the other person. I like them as friends. They have history and real affection for one another, but they're weak as a couple.

His relationship with Shado felt more convenient than anything. So they're friends on an island, but she had much more heat with Slade. Frankly, Oliver had more heat with Slade too. For all the sex they seemed to be having, it sure looked lifeless.

His flirtation with McKenna on the other hand was hot, even as his extracurricular activities made a long-term relationship nearly impossible. If Oliver Queen came back ONLY Oliver Queen, this would be good.

Felicity's a great friend, but despite being a confidante, she really doesn't see Oliver for what he is sometimes. Her crush kind of overwhelms her good sense. He's not the man who would make her happy even though she thinks he could. Unlike Diggle, who has substantial combat experience, Felicity underappreciates the damage Oliver's island experience inflicted. I would be delighted for Barry Allen, with whom she had a lot of spark and who isn't irreparably traumatized, to return sometimes to Starling City.

The remaining women—Helena Bertinelli, Isabel Rochev, and Sara Lance—all understand Oliver much better, even Rochev who doesn't know he's Green Arrow. Oliver and Helena had a lot of heat, but I think you're right about their motivations being too different to ever really be a couple. Rochev I don't believe ever wanted to be a couple, but as casual lovers they work well. They have more in common than either of them (or us) expected and they don't want anything more from each other than a fling. By their shared experiences, their common sense of guilt and regret, and their need to redeem themselves, all of which they have difficulty sharing with others, Sara and Oliver are the most honest pairing, though the damage they carry may make them impossible for long. I like them together, especially since sometimes you just need someone who understands the worst of you and still wants to be with you.
More+
Flag
C'mon it has to be 'Shiva Kamini Somo Kandarkram'! OK, so no on McKenna? Thought maybe Helena because of her first appearance and the immediate sparks but she kind of fell off in her second, (must have been thinking about her new NBC gig). It has to be the one who conquered the ladder - and looked good doing it. My wish- Sarah Lance who becomes even more interesting when Laurel gets killed off.

Shado - love her memory with Slade. Crixius won that one.

Flag
Good reference, I heard The Fratellis in my head whenever she came on screen. She's a real stunnah, though, and certainly doesn't look a bit out of place on a CW show.

Flag
SHIVAKAMINI!!!

So far off topic it's a dot in the distance!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members