An Arrow Community
Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW
The Arrow Community is as good a place as any to post this since it's DC-related.

So! Put your casting hat on & let's get to yappin' about who you picture in your head...

I say Marc Warren (Hustle, Mad Dogs) would take complete ownership of the character, given half the chance.

Now...who do y'all think?
Comments (52)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
May 23, 2014

I vote Sick Boy from trainspotting. Even though the actors probably really old now

Flag
Feb 18, 2014
Joe Anderson, he does sarcasm and attitude very well, look him up
Flag
Feb 07, 2014
I think Johnny Lee Miller would do the part justice
Flag
Dec 14, 2013
Callum Blue is a very talented Brittish actor and he could do a lot with this role.
Flag
Nov 21, 2013
Without doubt Marc Warren. No offense to Keanu Reeves but The Hellblazer must be British.
Flag
Nov 19, 2013
James Marsters. He still looks good and he can play snarky cynic with a heart of gold.
Flag
Nov 21, 2013
Or him, he's not British but he can certainly fake it.
Flag
Nov 14, 2013
If they could get him, David Bowie.
Flag
Nov 14, 2013
I liked Keanu Reeves in the movie version. But I absolutely LOVE Marc Warren!! I didn't read the comics (sorry) but if the cartoon looking guy on the left is supposed to be Constantine, not only does Marc Warren have a strong resemblance but he's really good at playing crazy characters. That would be the absolute best! Marc Warren plus a good story like Constantine. I really hope that does happen!!!
Flag
Nov 07, 2013
if we're talking an aged, gritty, hellblazer Constantine, Nick Chinlund
Flag
Nov 04, 2013
Johnny Lee Miller ala his Sick Boy from Trainspotting would have worked but he's got that whole Elementary thing now.
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
Rhys Ifans, if James Marsters didnt get it
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
James Marsters (Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer). He's recently expressed interest in playing John Constantine, he's already been involved in DC, he still looks good and still has a lot of fans and he's a great actor.
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
I can see this happening, he has the perfect attitude to do it
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
i think John Constantine is Marvel and therefor better suited towards the Marvels Agents of Shield community,
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
He's D.C not Marvel
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/John_Constantine_(New_Earth)
I think the site address speaks for itself
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
I'm sorry to say, but you think wrong : Constantine has NEVER been Marvel...
Flag
Nov 04, 2013
Hellblazer was published under Vertigo (a DC imprint), perhaps that caused the confusion.
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
Yeah I know I got confused between someone else. The whole never post anything at 2am after a 12 hour shift, kind of slipped my mind, but I'm leaving it there as a badge of shame.
Flag
Nov 04, 2013
Just sayin' but screw that "badge of shame" mentality. I'll occasionally post things I later wish I haddn't, but I'll never remove those posts of mine either. Reason being is because I'm human & I'm gonna say some crazy stuff on occasion. I'm of the opinion that those that can accept what they post for what it is when they post it & refrain from trying later to delete it from sight when it embarrasses them, are much stronger personalities than those who try to micromanage their image by removal when they occasionally put their foot in their mouth.

Simple brain fart? Oh, sure, but badge of shame?...pfffft!!! not even close.

Don't ever change. Y'hear?
Flag
Nov 03, 2013

Dominic Monaghan, and he is british
Flag
Feb 07, 2014
But he's so tiny.
Flag
Feb 08, 2014
Dominic Bernard Patrick Luke Monaghan, who by the way is German born, is been doing this wildlife show in Animal Planet. This guy is fearless!
http://press.discovery.com/emea/apl/programs/wild-things-dominic-monaghan/
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
We talking original Constantine or New52 Constantine?
Original Constantine, somehow travel back in time, get a twnty-five years younger Sting, and you got the right look.
New52 Constantine? Beats the the shit outta me. I haven't been able to read much of the murder job DC did to their own universe. So many characters destroyed by powering up where powering up wasn't needed, origin story changed where it shouldn't have been. I haven't read any of the New52 Constantine, but I presume they changed things that needed no change.
Flag
Nov 04, 2013
Honestly, I'm trying really hard to pretend that there is no 'New 52' I read most of Justice League Dark & it (for lack of a better term) Disneyfied the chatracter.

Last I read, G. Del Toro was tapped & on deck to make a DLD movie, which means that DC will probably want to tie the movie & TV storylines together somehow leaving us with little choice but to accept Hellblazer-lite, but I'ma hope for the best & expect the worst...meaning, I'll pine for the Hellblazer Constantine but I'll expect the suits at the network to mass-market the current, vapid, PG-13 friendly, New52 trend.
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
Only ONE guy should ever be considered to play Constantine, the guy he was more or less modeled after : British singer Sting
Flag
Nov 05, 2013
I don't think Sting is gonna work weekly on TV, but I mentioned at the very bottom of this thread that Sting would be great for a small occasional part of John at his oldest if they used the series to timejump within different eras of his life with different people playing him in different decades. ::shrug::
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
callum keith rennie! perfect. Constantine always looked the same anway so to hell with is age:-) watched memento the other day and the guy pearce from then would have been perfect too. Looking forward to some good old Hellblazer ramblings! they better get the delano-tone right ...
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
But when was the last time CKR played more than a supporting role or guest star?
But dude, I'd definitely watch it with him, but I do like Marc Warren a lot too. Haven't read the comic so I don't know who I would pick but yes Sting always has great presence. John Simm and Bill Skarsgaard could be lovely too but isn't BS busy with a new season?
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
MaMarc Warren is definitely the man!
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
I could have sworn I all ready posted this, but like I said earlier, if he were younger I'd cast my vote with Michael Anthony Hall.
Flag
Nov 03, 2013
I've always promoted Callum Keith Rennie as John Constantine. He has the looks, the swagger and he can do a convincing Brit accent.

Flag
Nov 03, 2013
Perfect!
Flag
Nov 02, 2013
Im not that knowledgeable in the DC universe and it's villains but mark warren seems to have the right amount of crazy to play a character that looks like that.
Flag
Nov 02, 2013
How about... Mark Pellegrino?
Flag
Nov 02, 2013
Nah, Mark Pellegrino is too busy with every other genre TV Show. Right now,
i'm still rolling with the Mad Dog thing, John Simm (Life On Mars, Mad Dogs, Doctor Who) might be a good backup for Johnny ::innocent & sheepish shrug::

Flag
Nov 02, 2013
Oh God No. End of Time was bad enough for me to wash my hands of almost everyone involved in that. Nothing worse than stupid laughter at every commercial break like an 80's cartoon.
Flag
Nov 02, 2013
oops...sorry. I didn't mean to doublepost :$

Flag
Nov 02, 2013

Flag
Nov 02, 2013
What about Gary Lester? DJ Qualls would rock quite a bit in the role methinks.

Flag
Follow this Show
Members