Arrow

Damaged

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 07, 2012 on The CW

• 'You have failed this city'.

Once again, Arrow has not failed it's new, and hopefully expanding, fan base. The action-packed-drama-filled-emotionally-charged episode that was Damaged may arguably be one of the best this season, then again, Arrow gets better with each new episode.

The greatest highlights of this episode have to be the fight sequences. Whether the fights were better choreographed than in previous episodes, or the presence of Deathstroke the Terminator as one of the fighters simply supercharged the action, I can't say; I'm biased and Deathstroke makes everything better.

To offset the profusion of superbly choreographed action sequences found in this episode, audiences are also exposed to the severe emotional turmoil experienced by various characters. We see Oliver showing both the physical and emotional scars he received on the island, we see Detective Lance drinking away his deceased daughter and absent wife, and we see, possibly for the first time, a truly emotional scene between Moira and Walter; it was brief, but it said a lot.

Additionally, Stephen Amell is getting better at delivering the Arrow's mantra: 'You have failed this city.' I used to cringe in previous episodes as the line sounded forced and full of the cheese, but it was well deviled at the end of this episode and its timing was perfect.

Couple the aforementioned with an allusion to the Shawshank Redemption and Dinah's casual remark to 'fishnets' (wink wink) and the result is another worthwhile episode of Arrow.
CW