Arrow

Damaged

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 07, 2012 on The CW

• Good but a bit stiff

The episode was great. At first its progression was slow; I was thinking this episode would not be as good as the previous ones. But, after about 15 minutes, the drama and action started to pick up, and afterwards it turned into a rollercoaster ride. As with every other Arrow episode, the second half of this episode was packed with plot twist and questions left unanswered. Hopefully, they will be explained next episode.

The background story keeps developing. At first, I asked myself why would so many people be on an island thought to be deserted. Apparently, Oliver's mentor escaped to that island and there are some people (some kind of dangerous organization) looking for him. It still hasn't been explained who is Oliver's mentor and why did he flee to that island; or why that organization is looking for him so desperately.

John barrowman character keeps appearing, which is great. He is brilliant. But we still knew nothing about him. We don't even know his name! Through this episode we learned that he isn't just a bad guy, but apparently the leader of the bad guys. Moira told him "I've done everything you've asked for" So maybe he's got something on the Queens.

I still don't know what to think about Walter. I don't know if he's good or bad. If he is good, then he is really good. But seems so mysterious I can help but think he is hiding something. And let me tell you, if he is bad, he is playing it perfectly. He is acting like the hurt, betrayed husband, which makes Moira feel bad about herself. But, if he is really bad, then he is just playing her. Is frustrating not to know!

While watching this episode I felt so sorry for Detective Lance. Like Laurel said: he lost one daughter and his wife. He has suffered much. But he is doing what he can to save his city. I don't like it when he is presented like the bad guy, because he is actually the good guy of the series. Yes, he has a grudge against Oliver and sometimes he may act on it but we can't blame him for trying to catch "The Hood", because The Hood is the one that is actually breaking the law and killing people. Don't get me wrong, I'm on Arrow's side. Like I said before, I love that he is willing to do what's necessary to reach his goals. But that doesn't mean I don't understand Detective Lance's position.

Laurel is not improving, she still feels forced, and I still don't like her. Her "big" entrance to the court was clichd and totally expected. The "romantic scene" between her and Oliver also felt forced. Although, I have to admit, I loved it when she admitted that she had been too focused on what she had suffered to think about what Oliver when through. When she found out he was tortured, she started to think about him and understand him.

The part where Oliver talked about being tortured on the island was great. It was touching. I have a great visualization and imagination, so when he said he was tortured, I could just picture it. It must have been hell for him those five years. It must be hell for him right now. He confessed he is barely sleeping and eating. He is having nightmares when he does sleep and things in his daily life keep reminding him of that horrible past. He is definitely living a sad life, if it could even be called a life.

But, being honest, besides the scene in which he is taking the polygraph test, Oliver looked forced on this episode. He looked stiff. We he gives his speeches about ing what's right he just stiffens up. What's worse he was so stiff in this episode that having to listen and watch his attempt at a joke was painful. Thea tells Oliver that he gave her an arrow head as a gift when he returned; implicating that Oliver could be The Hood. Oliver, jokingly, answered that he was glad he didn't got her a shot glass with a panda on it, otherwise she would think he was Panda Man. Oliver said so serious I didn't realized he was telling a joke until he finished and Thea laughed.