Arrow Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

common really?

Ingelief

[1]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 7

i posted here but its gone?

Like a guy who was on a island knows how to run difficult computer programmas. its really fake, the guy is good yes but common. Also he killes everyone around the badguy he is after, like that is a good thing???????

Is this gonna last this show?

What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Marburg66

[2]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 6

Just because the programs may look complicated at a passing glance doesn't mean they are...and even if they are, just because they didn't waste valuable screen time showing Ollie reading a few instruction manuals for the programs doesn't mean he didn't take the time to learn 'em...As far as GA being a killer, that's something that was first established back in the late '80's with writer Mike Grell's reboot of the character in "The Longbow Hunters" Since Arrow borrows very, very heavily on that specific version of the character, you can expect many more deaths to come. Good thing or bad thing is purely in the eye of the beholder, but personally, I think it's great.

It's been picked up for a full season, so it will last at least that long...& for now, that's all that matters

Edited on 10/25/2012 5:25pm

ma_liky

[3]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 13
    Marburg66 wrote:

Just because the programs may look complicated at a passing glance doesn't mean they are...and even if they are, just because they didn't waste valuable screen time showing Ollie reading a few instruction manuals for the programs doesn't mean he didn't take the time to learn 'em...As far as GA being a killer, that's something that was first established back in the late '80's with writer Mike Grell's reboot of the character in "The Longbow Hunters" Since Arrow borrows very, very heavily on that specific version of the character, you can expect many more deaths to come. Good thing or bad thing is purely in the eye of the beholder, but personally, I think it's great.

It's been picked up for a full season, so it will last at least that long...& for now, that's all that matters

I agree, and I dont like when people take such a small thing and that is what is wrong with the show. Say it is poor writing or poor acting but not when did he learn hi-tech programs, that is stupid. And on to killing I agree there should be less or even non whatsoever killing on TV Shows or movies but that is not gonna happen, is it?

dragon22a

[4]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 32
    When it comes to the computer hacking skills, it is possible that he learned it from someone he meets on the island but maybe he always had the skills. Oliver was said to be an ivy league drop out but that was not because he wasn't smart, it was because he was lazy. Growing up rich and having access to the resources of a huge company, he may have had access to this type of technology and learned it over the years or during his time in school. He just never needed it or just used it for his childish behavior. It was only when he returned that he began to use his skills for his mission.

silverdevilruga

[5]Nov 21, 2012
    • level: 3

Or how about the fact that in a recent episode there were Smugglers on the Island with Deathstroke so during his "Training" to survive the island he took computers and what not and tried to learn how to hack while sneaking about during their camps...its plausible but not impossible its just gonna take time for them to get to that point or just the plain DUH the guy is a Tech-Wiz like Bruce Wayne....he made his own Arrows and his own "Trick Arrows" so it shouldn't be hard for him to learn how to Hack!

Dec1964

[6]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 31

Ingelief wrote:

Like a guy who was on a island knows how to run difficult computer programmas. its really fake, the guy is good yes but common. Also he killes everyone around the badguy he is after, like that is a good thing???????

What do you guys think?

It all depends on The CW Network & how this show does in the ratings,

I would say at least 4 seasons. If Supernatural can do 8 seasons it has alot

of potential.

Edited on 11/29/2012 3:25am

antdude

[7]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 27
    Heh. Maybe he got trained to use computers on the island! [grin]

However, a recent episode mentioned social networking sites.

antdude

[8]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 27
    Dec1964 wrote:

Ingelief wrote:

What do you guys think?

of potential.

Or ten/10 like Smallville!

BTW, "come on" is not the same as "common".
    Edited on 11/29/2012 7:05am

Dec1964

[9]Dec 2, 2012
    • level: 31

antdude wrote:
    Dec1964 wrote:

Ingelief wrote:

What do you guys think?

of potential.

Or ten/10 like Smallville! BTW, "come on" is not the same as "common".

Nice call on the "come on" & "Common" i didn't notice that.

silverdevilruga

[10]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 3

What they are doing for Oliver already is decent his computer skills weren't really told already in the series but we have to realize that his is just as good as Bruce Wayne when it comes to technology and computer skills so his ability to hack into the Starling Police Department should be better than most and setting up a web around the city so he knows whats going on shouldn't be that difficult if he was already a computer geek and have lots of knowledge...hell all we knew of Ollie was that he was Drunk, Screwing Laurel's Sister, and got left on an Island alone to survive against Mercs, a weird Asian Archer, and Deathstroke! So i hope they dig deep into his back past a bit more.