Arrow Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

"Speedy Is A Heroin Junkie" Thread

Marburg66

[1]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 6

Hi.

I really don't have all that much experience making small threads within big sites such as this one, but...hey! Eff it! Here it is! (My Thread) here on (A Big site).

See...right now if you were me, you'd be typing that people who might be thinking they were me; (based on reading this line, may believe that I'm typing to them directly to them)...may actually pose a problem. Not because I'm not really typing to them directly or that it doesn't really pose a problem...that's not the point!

I'm here because I started posting a thread...& I can't stop NOW simply because I forgot what the hell I had in mind initially when I came up with a topic!

Honestly...what would you do if you were me?

OK...that's an unfair question...not cool...my bad...I already know what I'm gonna say, so that puts me at an unfair advantage

I propose we all start over by openly admitting that speedy has a heroin problem.

The question is...(bragging rights Deadpool/Deadwood/Whatever style)...

...in what season & episode will this horribly printasticly histrionic & possibly future TV truthiness be revealed??

& don't pretend you're above having an opinion!...no matter how low...you can trust me...I'm one of you now

Edited on 10/29/2012 11:26pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ma_liky

[2]Oct 30, 2012
    • level: 13
    You are a little coo coo, right? o_O

Marburg66

[3]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 6

Sure, but so is everyone to one extent or another. Show me someone who thinks they're sane & I'll show you someone who is out of their mind to think that

Anyhoo, I admit I was trying to be funny when I originally created the thread. I just wasn't trying hard enough to actually BE funny. I noticed after creating the thread that there's already a thread dump for theories & whatnot, so if this puppy gets merged into that one, that'd be cool & tidy...besides, I've come to the conclusion that since they've clearly established the sister as the Speedy stand-in that enjoys her recreational drug use, a version of the junkie story will probably play out (or begin to play out) before the end of the season anyway.

Edited on 10/31/2012 11:07am

dragon22a

[4]Oct 31, 2012
    • level: 32

While Thea is an original character whose future is hard to predict, it does seem as though they are leading towards a big downfall for her, but not for a while, not until at least season 2. Thea's addiction has not really been explored in depth yet so we have not yet seen how bad it is and whether it is at rock bottom levels.

Perhaps her fate will be darker than just drug addiction. She seems to be a party girl, possibly a promiscuous one. Maybe Thea will not only fall into addiction, but perhaps she will end up sharing a trait with Mia Dearden, thesecond Speedy, andend up contracting HIV. That would certainly be a darkturn for the series to take with the character but it would also be the rock bottom that would allow the character to be built up as Oliver's sidekick.

mrjimmyjames

[5]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 7

I think its possible that we could end up seeing a version of that story at some point on the show, if Thea is indeed Speedy. Sidekicks are always such a lame idea but I have to admit the idea of Thea being Speedy is an interestingway to modernize the character. That may work. It reminds me of how the Captain America movie managed to change Bucky from a lame sidekick to a fellow soldier and best friend of the main character that the audience could get invested in. Arrow may be able to pull off a similar angle.

silverdevilruga

[6]Nov 21, 2012
    • level: 3

Thea's future is still uncertain but i would have her find out Oliver is the Green Arrow...get cleaned up and try to help him rebuild their family's name after Oliver trusts her with what their father told him on that Life Boat the truth and he tells her a lot that actually helps him heal from his ordeal on Purgatory.

But IMHO i think she should Die at the hands of this Consortium that is controlling the city and Oliver tries to save her but it should lead to him looking at his Mother and her hands at what happened to The Queen's Gambit and her hand in this Ordeal with Thea....

Dec1964

[7]Jan 31, 2013
    • level: 31

silverdevilruga wrote:

Thea's future is still uncertain but i would have her find out Oliver is the Green Arrow...get cleaned up and try to help him rebuild their family's name after Oliver trusts her with what their father told him on that Life Boat the truth and he tells her a lot that actually helps him heal from his ordeal on Purgatory.

But IMHO i think she should Die at the hands of this Consortium that is controlling the city and Oliver tries to save her but it should lead to him looking at his Mother and her hands at what happened to The Queen's Gambit and her hand in this Ordeal with Thea....

I wouldn't want Thea to die.

Edited on 01/31/2013 4:37am