Arrow

Muse of Fire

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 28, 2012 on The CW

• Starling City has a Laguna Beach

Well, as a fan of DC comics in general, it was delightful to get my first glimpse of another DC hero/vigilante (whatever they're calling themselves these days). I'm also glad that it's the JLU version of Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) rather than the Birds of Prey (Helena Wayne) version, not that I have anything against Batman's daughter. All that being said, I'm hoping Arrow has plans to develop the character in more ways than just being Ollie's rebound (just when you think the CW's grown up). The last scene of the episode completely obliterated my expectations of a professional vigilante team up. I had visions of Oliver teaching Helena how to wield her trademark crossbow. I had hopes. I had visions. Then the last minute of the show turned it into another of the CW's high school dramas. So much for my dreams.

Kudos to the writers though for not having Tommy and Laurel's date in the same restaurant as Oliver and Helena's (I know we were all waiting for that awkward dramatic moment).

In other more promising news: Walter is finally back, whoo! I was beginning to think that he'd gone swimming with Robert Queen. And WoW, the writers may not please everybody all of the time, but you've got to give them props for making The Man in the Suit Tommy's dad. If you saw that coming, I hope you've sent in an application to Mystery Inc. because I was in the dark. Looking forward to see how that story line plays out.
CW