Arrow

Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered Oct 10, 2012 In Season

Gislef

Arrow Fan Reviews page 2 of 11

• Not as expected.

Before I watch Arrow, I was watching Marvel's Agents of Shield and Marvel's Daredevil.

I decided to watch Arrow cause I love this hero and Black Canary. Now I've watched it until season 4 episode 13 and I have to say I am not impressed.

I've waited to see something that would surprise me and impress me but it's just not there.

Why? Because for me it's just not that good.

I compare this show with Agents of Shield and Marvel's Daredevil and sorry to say this but man..... AOS and Daredevil is so much better. They are truly based on the comic books and legit cool.

Some people might say that comic books and tv shows are different, but sorry to say, Marvel writers did a very badass job on their TV shows and that is because they KEEP sticking to the comic book story.

I know it's not easy to be a writer and write stories like this, but this show might be better if they just follow the comics man.... Black Canary is way cooler in the comics. If they follow the comic plot you guys probably won't hate Laurel like now.

For those of you who's tired of this show.. just watch Marvel's AOS, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. I promise it won't be disappointing.

#nohate
  • I'm done!!

This will be my last season - I'm done watching this show. There is many frustrating stuff: extremaly stupid decisions of main characters (I know those are popular in TV shows but this one has too may of them), poor fighting/shooting scenes (slow and predictable), no consistence in the fighting abilities of main characters (he wins with the big boss and looses with a random bad guy) etc. etc. I could keep going but I think you get the point.
  • Episode 17...

... Won't air here for another three weeks so I can't review it until then!!!!!
  • ahhh,....

I dont mind messing with the relationship, but i hate seeing felicity's sarcasm.. she used to be cool girl and stealing this show with her screen presence. i might stop watching after this season end.
  • Oliver and Felicity

I love this show, it is one of my favorites. But with that said, i am really tired of writers messing with the relationships of the main characters. This type of story line has been done to death. They do not need to go in the 'on again - off again' story line - it is really frustrating. The writers have so many areas they can utilize with out going to a story line that is 'OVER USED'. If they keep them broke up and/or Felicities character is no longer on the show I will stop watching. The relationship of this cast is incredible and works well - so if it is not broke - don't fix it!
  • jeffrey scott berry says

this is a great show I don't know who watches it though who is archer or archie the comic character is that what this is based off of?
  • there is just too much negativity on this site

I get that some don't agree with the writers choices on this show but every time I log on to read the reviews there is just too much negativity and people are too hung up on the last few seasons or comic books. I still enjoy reading them but I find that on Tumblr. the fandom is much more lighter and the reviews are better not just on Tumblr. but also on other sites.

I'm still as much as a fan of this show as in the beginning!
  • music

I like the show but the music is killing me, doe;s it have to be that loud.
  • Great start, now i stopped watching this bullshit show...

Somehow the writers have latched onto the stupid idea that other action shows have begun, which is showing scenes from the FUTURE. Really??? That makes the show even more difficult to watch! I, for one, will find something else to watch in its stead if this crap doesn't stop before the end of the season.

Please, writers... give Oliver his cajones back, and take Laurel's away!!

ps: guys with rifles ,2 feet of oliver misses all shots, oliver takes all guys 5 with a bow... WOW
  • Oliver- Felicity tandem!

When i started watching this show last month m kinda love the Queen family esp Oliver. m excited and addicted too it.

I love it so much! esp d the twist of Oliver falling inlove with Felicity & d engagement episode.

but Please take Laurel out of the picture or even in the Arrow!! she is just a lousy hero..

Cant wait to see d next episodes in season4. now I am so glad that I started watching this show. I really loveMORE and more excited to what happen next!!! good luck team Arrow!!!
  • Here's a Good Point...

The way I see it, you can watch the show, and enjoy it. (I do) Or, STOP WATCHING. But, to read all the moaning and groaning and b***hing, bout it. The first season was great, now it sucks. Go to school and learn how to be a writer. Then see how hard it is. Pay your dues to get in the door to start make a living at it. Pour your time and energy into writing a script. Just so, some couch potato, who's done nothing can say it was a waste. I'm not trying to start a war. Everyone is in title to their opinion. But, no one and I mean no one, likes a HATER. So, Watch and enjoy or Don't Watch and enjoy something else. No ones holding a gun to your head. Season 1 thru Season 4 has been quit entertaining.
  • Potential Wasted

Seriously, this show is going down the crapper... it was a really good show until the end of season 2, then the quality just keeps falling down. I was hoping that after a wishy-washy season 3, that season 4 would be better, but nope. It's really a shame what CW is doing with a show with so much potential.
  • "Blood

I also am becoming very disappointed in the direction these episodes are going. This episode, "Blood Debts" falls far short of the title and is more ridiculous than the last one ("Dark Waters").

Felicity has been shot and is now paralyzed, and apparently is going to remain so for the rest of her life.

Green Arrow, aka Oliver, keeps fighting Darhk head-on. It has never worked in any of his previous head-on meetings with the dastardly demon, so why would he do it again? It is said that the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing, the same way, over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Duh. Also, Oliver has become so very passive it's become embarrassing!

Laurel?.. Now there's a perfect example of 'REDICULOUS'! She always has been a whiney, self-centered baby, and now she's magically transformed into a masked avenger with all the skills of a martial arts expert. All of that after very little training. It took Oliver and Thea many months, even years, to get that good at it and John Diggle was formally trained in the military. Laurel has always been a joke as far as I'm concerned, and this transition into an avenger is so WRONG!!

Please, writers... give Oliver his cajones back, and take Laurel's away!!

The only ones making any sense and keeping my respect are Diggle and his family. Go figure.
  • Please take my advice Arrow Crew

Ok I love this show so much l, I actually started watching season one like 2 days ago and I'm now on season 3 episode 22, I literally have gotten addicted to it. But the thing that frustrated me the most with the show is how felicity smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) is now starting to pretty much date Oliver "Stephen Amell". Stephen Amell is a fantastic actor by the way and great role model, but I think the person Oliver should be with is laural, I mean they have deep history and it just seems right! Not felicity they make her act weird on the show and it's nothing against the actor or anything, I just prefer Laural and Oliver together. And another thing that made me upset was when Sarah "Caity Lotz" died. WHY, she was just a boss. I think her death was way to soon. Also I wanna see more of Celinda Jade, whether it's Shado or the twin May. Other then that I love the show but would really like if felicity would back off of "oli" its laurels man...
  • THIS SHOW HAS TOO MUCH ESTROGEN

Oliver Queen is a girl now with all these feelings. Laurel NEEDS TO PLEASE DIE, she's basically a "See You Next Tuesday", Felicity is annoying more than ever and making Oliver a wuss. Speedy is unrealistic beating up 3-4 men twice her size. Season 1 was great, season 2 ok, season 3 watch-able and season 4 is painful.

It's time to stop watching this show and go back to watching Flash only. Least every girl on that show doesn't turn into a 100lb superhero.

This show has turned into a woman's superhero bitch fest where all people do is whine, complain, and blame others.

Garbage!
  • Cannot Stand Laurel

Seriously? Laurel is going to learn how to fight and be a superhero, too? Ugh. She is incredibly lame and constantly whining about how things aren't fair. And watch, after just a couple lessons she will magically be entirely proficient in taking the bad guys down. Sadly, this show is starting to lose interest for me. Oh, and not to mention that Oliver has become "Mr. Sensitive I'm in Touch with my I really miss Season One.
  • arrow blahs

If this is the way oliver is going to act ,like a little bitch i wont be watching ANYMORE!
  • Lost Souls

Felicity doesn't take Oliver's rebuffing well. . FREELY FOR YOU
  • Laurel is becoming a little too stupid

She never sees how ridiculous and self centered her decisions are, in particular the inane decision to bring Sarah back even after the problems with Thea's blood lust. Seriously, what did she expect ... and now she blames Oliver .... aie. Do something .... please.
  • John Constantine

Pleaseeee make JOHN CONSTANTINE show by The CW
  • If I Didn't Know Better

3.5
    I'd say that this show is written by 55+ yr old Jewish Men and Women. So much whining, guilt, hypocrisy and finger pointing. Uggh. Every time you turn around some is making someone else feel guilty about something, or whining about something. And it's unrealistic to have a woman's hair so perfect after a 2 minute fight scene. No one ever seems to sweat.

• Love This Show!!!!

I love this look forward to Wednesdays every week. The combination of personalities and skills is wonderul!
  • Great escapism TV

I remember watching Arrow when it first came on and not being particularly interested, but after binge watching the entire first season of The Flash what got me hooked was the character of Felicity Smoak so of course I had to check out the show where she was a main character and the rest is history. This season is shaping up to be a winner but the foreshadowing of events to come in the premiere episode was a bit alarming. Look forward to seeing the rest of the season.
  • Please stop with the PC BS.

Show was good when it started. Now everyone in the cast is a superhero, homosexual crap. WTH? Can't these producers just stick to what made Green Arrow popular to begin with? Why all the agenda based garbage? Seriously.
  • Moving on to Season 4

Moving on to Season 4 - first 2 episodes.

Neil McDonough as the bad guy! Ok, I'm in, this actor is pretty damn amazing. Loved him in Justified. He was also in Suits and was also terrific in the show.

He will make Arrow really interesting this season. Of all the bad guys we've seen, he might be the best. No whining, just being evil with a plan. I am going to love it.

And his role provides him with mystical abilities, so, this might be a good way to get more Constantine on the show. At first, I figured that Constantine will have a hand at helping Sara get resurrected somehow, perhaps he will have a spell to help deal with the madness, but, seeing that we have a really mystical evil adversary, Constantine might have a few episodes in the season.

Green Arrow monicker, finally!

The new costume is looking good, I like the other one, but I can see this one as a progression. it is lighter and as such, I suspect the season will see 'Green Arrow' in more public places.

The city went through so much shit, it's now called 'Star City'. Didn't see that coming, but its a good call.

Oliver running for Mayor.. That I saw coming, that was a no-brainer, a direct port from the comics.

I can see the threads now.

Laurel will get her sister revived, predictable.

Speedy/Red Arrow going having after effects of the Lazarus Pit, ok, well, while it is predictable, my understanding is that the madness affects you most when you first get out of the pit. But hey..

We got Mr. Terrific... kind of.. I don't mind he being gay, but Mr. Terrific is typically both brains and brawns. Not so much brawns on this one.

Wonder if the crazy, wacky invention will be the T-Spheres.

We know that Ray Palmer isn't dead, so, how is he coming back... I mean, he's gonna have to come back, he is one of the stars in the new 'Legends of Tomorrow" tv show as the Atom.

But, the surprise kicker is the alliance between Detective Lance and Damian Darhk, that one.. Not so sure I get the angle yet.

Still, for what it's worth, this show started off good, saw the first two episodes and I'm hooked as usual.

The island flashback, wonder if that is going to be a tie in to the tomb scene between Barry and Oliver.

Some people are complaining about Oliver's fighting skills. Wonder why? I mean, when he fought with his sister, he was holding back, he had too. Beside that, well, you know, let's give him a break!

Fun fun fun.

***

Ok, let's start by saying that Arrow is getting better and better.

And season 2 is delivering quite nicely so far.

Let's see, what do we have,

1) Black Canary

6) Amanda Waller

returning

Slade Wilson / Terminator

DeadShot.

This is good, a lot of Teen Titans influence as well as some Batman.

Nothing wrong with this, all good.

Nanda Parbat .. again.. so, Malcolm was an assassin for the League of Assassins, one could pretty much make that a safe assumption.

Of course, in DC Comics, Nanda Parbat is a hidden city, home of the goddess Rama Kushna and the reason for Boston Brand to become Deadman.

So, I'm hoping there will be an appearance by Deadman and perhaps even a story arc to find out what the connection between Nanda Parbat and the League of Assassins is. Does the city need saving? who knows?

Now Professor Ivo, this is quite the surprise, he's the one who design Amazo, the Android that could replicate the Justice League's powers. In here, he's some scientist trying to find a serum which give people super-human strength. Am I guessing this is the Venom drug from Bane?

The Black Canary was using a device for her 'canary' cry, so, no super-powers there.

Anyways, this is a keeper ladies and gentlemen, this is now a really cool show. I'm glad they didn't keep Smallville's Green Arrow and that they restarted with new actors.

It's a better show than Smallville, period.
  • Olie's getting bad at fighting

I was drawn into this because of his fighting skills, it's getting pretty bad in every episode now. All the new comers are way better fighters than him and it's just getting on me nerves. I love the show but what they are doing with the character isn't good enough. Make him the person who he was during the first couple of seasons. Don't get me wrong but his suit looks like it's been made up for halloween or something..
  • Writers have made Oliver Queen softer than Charmin

2.5
    I've seen every episode hoping that the show will get better but I am a fool. The writers have turned Oliver Queen into a bitch.
  • Suite needs to be amended

I agree. I don't like the new suit either. The original had a nice rustic appeal. The shoulder guards are out of place with the rest of the suit. We just need him clutching a gridiron ball and the picture will be complete.

To albundyhere,

There's a plethora of shows such as jordyshore & american horror story that I'm sure can satisfy all your needs. Or you could simply go thru your prolific collection of penthouse magazines, that your parents have yet to discover....
  • GREEN

I saw the s04 e01 all is gud... bt one thing i dont like it is the suit of the arrow . The old suit was very good looks good.
  • What happened to

I have only one question when it comes to Arrow. What happened to Sirus Gold and will he ever come back as his alter ego?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10