Arrow

Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Oct 10, 2012 In Season

Gislef

Arrow Fan Reviews page 3 of 7

• A really good show

Well, I wasn't expecting this show to be that good. In category of pure fiction as a show with super characters based on a comic book, this show is really entertaining. I don't understand why people compare the show and the character to Robin Hood stories. Apart from the hood and the bow and arrow there is nothing that makes Green Arrow and Robin Hood alike.
  • TOO GOOD!!

AWESOME SEASON CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!
  • My favorite show

You have failed this city by letting Tommy die!!!!!! How could you????!!!!!!!
  • Like a Robin Hood.

5.5
    Allmost Robin Hood, nice countinuation.
  • Amazing Tv SHow

The TV Show is amazing, the cast, the story, the production, the directing everything is so perfect... i love it <3 and can not wait to see what's happening next.
  • Target for New Episodes

I didn't miss a single episode and really enjoyed the 1st season. Lingering questions ... was every name killed in the book? Now that Moira has confessed/jailed and the 'Elite' are dismembered with the death of the 2 Merlyns, where do we go from here? I'd like to see Dave Ramsey step down. He was good at first but is sort of clumsy as a counterpart. The up/down relationship between Oliver and Laurel is boring and her emotions have been scattered wide and deep, beginning with the affair of Oliver and her sister, the relationship with her father, the death of her sister and now Tommy, it's too much. How can she carry on a stable career without serious counseling??!

I think in Season 2 they should find a way to bring Celina Jade out of the shadows as Queen's new counterpart. In fact, she is way better at the martial arts than Nikita. I am a black belt and advanced Yoga practitioner and when I saw Jade in one episode doing the handstand in 'full lotus' for 15 seconds with perfect form, I was thrilled! That is the 'real deal' and no choreography on that one! Only a true artist can do this advanced posture. Bring her back or make a new CW series with her going after the people behind the attempt to blow up the plane. Who were they and what is their role in world affairs? She could be in her own episode (call it : "Shado").

Maybe there could be a 'love triangle' between her and Laurel? The computer geek is OK, but she needs to lose her secretary look, glasses and let her hair down. She is sort of like Birghoff in Nikita. What about the female cop Oliver loved that is recuperating from the gunshot? If she comes back will romance come back again? I'd end that one. What about the female archer that was last seen chasing her father down an embankment while Queen attended to his female cop classmate? The female archer probably had enough time to kill her father then, right? I say she goes in Season 2.

Celina Jade has a lot of talent that needs to be played out. I imagine an episode where Diggle gets killed and Queen ponders how to go on, then Shado steps out of the darkness! With Moira's Elite all gone, maybe Shado and Queen can go International after the island consortium. Lots of possibilities here....
  • Arrow Takes Flight

DC brings another property to television in Arrow, a modernization of the Green Arrow comic. Though not tied to the Smallville series, Arrow adopts a similar style and tone. Season 1 follows Oliver Queen, who returns to Starling City after being presumed dead, and adapts a secret identity as the Arrow; a vigilante who seeks to bring justice to corrupt figures that have poisoned the city. The cast is fairly solid, and a number of impressive guest stars appear throughout the season. However, the series doesn't do that good a job at bringing in and using the rose gallery characters of the comic; such as the Huntress, China White, Dead Shot, Red Arrow, etc. And, being a CW series, there's some romantic angst and love triangle subplots that are rather superfluous. While flawed and unfocused at times, Arrow delivers a strong first season.
  • I Can't Wait Season Two

I Arrow, But don't like Laurel

Thanks you Very Much
  • Not Bad :/

I think for a season premiere it lacked consistency dont get me wrong i watched all the epsiodes but i personally didnt like the roller coaster ride they carried us on some episodes were plain boring ive seen katie cassidy act and trust me she can act but the script writers arent doing justice for her she's always puffy and crying. Thea sickens me she just cant act. Felicity is quirky and interesting, John Barrowman can act so why "kill" him off. Tommy hmmm soo glad he's dead for a playboy he's BORING. Diggle is sooo great which brings us to Oliver for a nobody he has alot of potential, he carries out the part perfectly. Im not gonna say im keping my eyes peeled for season 2 but i look forward to seeing more in script and solid storylines. All the best!!!
  • Stop hating on Laurel!

I love Laurel, like I love this show! This show has everything.

I'm a big comics book fan and Green Arrow is one of my favourite characters. 'Arrow' is certainly doing the character justice. The show's put its own spins on it too. There's a lot of chemistry, relationships, plot and excitement. I'm obsessed with Arrow!!
  • I Cannot Take This Woman ANYMORE!!

Laurel will be the main reason I stop watching this show. I try my best not to be negative (as it comes so easy), but her face is disturbing me. She has no facial emotions. Botox? Perhaps, or maybe it's just that she cannot act. I've read that she's been in other shows, but with "Arrow" I JUST CANNOT TAKE HER SERIOUSLY!! She's too young to have no facial movements. Her eyes look dead. You don't know if she's happy, sad, angry,catatonic.

You'll see...

Love the show though.
  • When everyone is super, no one will be

A fun show, but it is seriously silly in a few ways. EVERYONE'S A SUPER NINJA! It seems that every girl with a vendetta or a criminal background has trained all their life with ninjas, and a criminal figure main character turns out to be a super ninja archer just like arrow, seriously WTF?!

This 'everyone has superpowers' is a fatal writing flaw shared by Smallville. It only serves to cheapen the main character's unique ordeal and abilities. It's a cheap plot device to provide super enemies regularly as opposed to a good story arc.

The whole 'girls can be a fighting match for men' trend is ridiculous, especially considering they're 100 pound girls fighting trained skilled 200 pound men. Anyone with a brain knows that it's part of the new World Order social engineering to push feminism, promote gender fighting, destroy traditional family structure and subjugate men who are more likely to challenge authority but it's ruining our entertainment.

A fun show but it needs to ground itself in a more believable group of supporting characters, not making them all super ninjas.

It reminds me of the line by Syndrome in the incredibles "When everyone is Super, no one will be"
  • It a very good show to watch

It a good show to watch it has
  • Fantastic new show

I started watching the show when it premiered and have seen it work through it's quirks throughout it's first season. The action is great, acting is slowing getting to where it should be and the story is compelling and intriguing.

It's the kind of show that if you enjoy action flicks, you'll enjoy every episode even if it's a mediocre episode. Given that it's in it's first season, I can only imagine that it will keep getting better with future episodes and I'd give it at least 4 seasons.
  • Enjoyable and intreaging.

This show clearly has many people that can't stand it, every show has it's fans, just as every show has people that dislike it, I on the other hand, love this show.

I didn't start watching from the air date, or a couple of episodes in. In fact, I recently started watching and I've found it to be quite an interesting show. It has mystery, action, love interests, heartache and other characters from the DC world.

I think the acting has been pretty good, although I must admit that some of the actors and actresses can be quite annoying at times, but in all fairness, I have a track record of picking up on things that no one else does. I think the plot has been very interesting and every week, I can't wait for the next episode, just to see what's going to happen next. The writing in my opinion is really well done and the mystery behind what happened on the Island and the undertaking is also quite addictive.

I'm not going to go on and on for ages, all I'm going to say is:- Don't believe the negative reviews. take the time to watch a couple of episodes yourself and then decide on whether to continue or not. If you give the show a chance, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
  • Good

I have just watched arrow and it pretty good, but will it continue this way?
  • Lack of imagination?!

Is that me or last Arrow and Supernatural's episodes have the same title??? :D!
  • I fail at clever titles....

I admit, it's a little down at the moment. Most of Oliver's friends are not really on his side and it's currently drama based. Not the most uplifting. But it's still the first season and the writers are laying out a lot of ground work and basics. There are still great characters building and great action. I still love it and can't wait for more! Everything can't be perfect all the time! Looking back at other shows I watch I just laugh at the first seasons! Arrow ftw!
  • PLEASE CANCEL "ARROW"

I too was excited about the show but now I can't stand to watch after this last episode where he chose "what's her face" (his best friend's girlfriend) over helping his partner get his brother's murderer!!! Really??? Arrow has gotten boring and stupid and eewww, and Oliver is all of the above too and shouldn't have a love interest or choose it over his mission which is to bring criminals to after he let down his partner, that was the last please cancel the show or make major adjustments to the star's pathetic character....
  • Skyrocket downfall

Awful show it get worst by episode...
  • BOOOOORRRIIING Super hero soap.

3.5
    I was excited about this show and it started with promise but it has now been weighed and measured and found wanting. What a great premise that has been ruined with sloppy writing and pretty average acting. The female actors especially. While they have not been supported with good storylines they have also not made the best of it. Katie Cassidy and Willa Holland are frankly show stoppers for me .... literally. I have now turned off.

It could have been so good and that makes it all the more disappointing.
  • It's a soap opera with a little action

3.5
    I tried to get into this, I really did. Maybe I was expecting too much but this show should be categorised as a soap opera. It's like watching Bold and the Beautiful with all the love triangles and focusing more on the relationships than what the comic was all about. I am pissed off that I wasted so much bandwidth watching this crap. Don't bother if you are looking for an action packed series.
  • I give up...

As a comic fan I have tried to like this show for a dozen episodes now but it's just not working, at least not for me! :(

This is far from being a decent superhero action drama and more like a lame soap opera about the rich and beautiful people of Star City! Except for his looks Stephen Amell doesn't really bring anything to the character and his wooden acting just bores me to sleep

It also doesn't really help that they are messing with the original characters but that doesn't even matter anymore
  • I love and hate this show

I find the premise of this series to be quite intriguing and can be used to create great plot BUT i began to hate this show because too much whining : hear me out, whenever THE SISTER begins to speak, i pray for a lightning bolt to strike her pretty head and make her SHUT THE HELL UP.

I cant but notice that she has like 10 minutes of "disapproving" speech every single episode. I mean, come on guys, too much melodrama over nothing("you didn't say hi to me, i`m so sad. let me give u a 10 minutes lecture so next time you should know better") is too much melodrama.

Besides that, Oliver uses the "i`ve been on a stranded island for 5 years" excuse way too often. I've got it from the first episode that you were a victim but. again like in the sister's case, TOO MUCH MELODRAMA IS TOO MUCH.

I love the bodyguard. i love the tech girl, i love Mister Merlin and of course i love the Chinese and the Australian "islanders".

I just hope this doesnt turn out to be another smallvile ( see superman - lex luthor; green arrow - tommy merlyn) because then i`ll be forced to turn some tables and throw out my television.

Thanks for reading this TLDR post !
  • Wow!!!!

I find this series quite amazing! Just the storyline and how he turns out after 5 years 'alone' on an island he becomes a fighting machine! This has encouraged me to take up archery, obviously its impossible to become as good as the film portrays, but one can wonder...
  • Yummy Oliver!!

The only existnece of this show is watching staring into Oliver's eyes and admiring his body!!!! All the rest that has to do with revenge and aiming arrows, eh..
  • Intriguing and addictive

I really like this show, there's romance, action and the plot is intriguing enough to keep watching and wanting to know more about the whole "You've failed this city!!" is a tad tacky but I've gotten used to it!! But worse than that is Timmys anoys is too much of a secundary character, I hope that changes!! it:)
  • OK. could be better

An entertaining series, but got some issues

The female characters are not as great as they could be, they all exist mostly to be ornaments and for male characters progression, yes including the tech girl.

The casting of many actresses is disappointing as well, aside from the Tech girl and Oliver's mother, the actresses in this show suck at acting. Especially the CW pet Katie Cassidy, who in their right minds make the most mediocre actress a leading lady, yup the show isnt serious about its female characters, they think its enough for them to pout their lips and smile to the camera.

Anyway overall many of the characters could be more interesting, let hope this show irons some of those kinks in season 2, otherwise this wont last beyond season 3.
  • zaher

I love watching (amazing show _)I love all the actors, but i love green arrow actor (Oliver Queen)

• awesome

i love oliver character, after he left from the island, he still discribe himself as a naughty boy, love party but still mysterious. but in another character he is become like superhero.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7