Arrow

Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Oct 10, 2012 In Season

Gislef

Arrow Fan Reviews (189)

• Most Frustrating Episode in Television History

Please tell me how much more you guys can humiliate a show's hero????? Arrow [aka Oliver Queen] was tormented, beaten in every way imagination, and for what? So that we might watch the next episode? What happened to giving a little something back? How about some small bit of satisfaction to the audience? A morsel would have been fine. All of them, Arrows entire entourage, torn to shreds in every way outside of cold blooded murder. Oliver needs to get the hell off his high horse and start doing what has to be done, instead of "filling the jails" with people he refuses to kill. Also, I am sick of the ridiculous back story. It's annoying, distracting, unnecessary. Finally, the Arrow's nemesis [Slade] is ridiculously powerful. Hello! No way Arrow can do more than lick his boots. This is ridiculous. Next week better be a quintessential revenge massacre, or I'm outta here.
  • I gave S1 the benefit of the doubt.....

however now I realise that the entire series was written by a bunch of 12 y o during their summer break.

There can be no other explanation for the mind bogglingly inane "plot" that tries to carry this series through.

I thought US TV had something to offer vis a vis The Wire, Sopranos etc but this just adds to the well held view that TV in America is for watching as you chew on your pizza, burger or french fries while awaiting the sport.

Pap is too good a word for this garbage !
  • PLEASE CANCEL "ARROW"

I too was excited about the show but now I can't stand to watch after this last episode where he chose "what's her face" (his best friend's girlfriend) over helping his partner get his brother's murderer!!! Really??? Arrow has gotten boring and stupid and eewww, and Oliver is all of the above too and shouldn't have a love interest or choose it over his mission which is to bring criminals to after he let down his partner, that was the last please cancel the show or make major adjustments to the star's pathetic character....
  • Skyrocket downfall

Awful show it get worst by episode...
  • Just because a show is violent doesn't mean its not cheesy. This show has no reason to take itself so seriously.

This show is a superhero version of "Supernatural". Minus the originality and humor that make "supernatural" almost worth watching. Basically the guy playing Oliver has nothing to do with the comic book character. Its not even an original character. He is Dean in a pair of Green Tights. CW viewers adore a mean spirited person who thinks that their version of good and evil and justice is the right one. So I am sure that the teeny group of remaining "Supernatural" fans will stay tuned. And as the CW has never had high expectations for any of its shows, thats probably enough. Probably. This show had a chance. It started out with decent ratings, and even the second episode had a couple million viewers. But its already down to the typical CW ratings, and still losing out..although the leak is slow.

The thing is that a brainless show like this COULD be good. It has one thing going for it; Lots of action.

If "Arrow" stopped taking itself seriously, played the stupidity of its plot for laughs, got a better fight choreographer, and lost the whole annoying angsty ex girlfriend sideline, it would be a passable show. Hiring some better looking actors wouldn't hurt either. Of course the lead is attractive. He is handsome in the way that young actors are handsome. But there is not one bit of anything special about him, including his looks. And in shows like this a sexy cast is a must.
  • Dissapointment and a cancer to world of shows.

Terrible writte, terribly casted, made for adolescent kids.

The set of the show is boring and reminds me it is cheap and without promise.

My hope is this dissapearing as soon as possible from any channels timetable.

Premise, upbringing, backstory, the " Arrows " actions are far worse than just a vigilante crime fighter.

Honestly I cant imagine how and why so many people have enjoyed this so much!
  • Terrible time slot

I don't know what they were thinking putting this show up against "The Middle" and "Animal Practice".

Ican only record two shows at once. This will be another soap opera type thing like Smallville, It's not worth watching at this time. If it was on Thursday or friday at 8pm, I could watch. or a repeat on Saturday afternoon would be good.

I think the WB is setting this show up for failure.
  • Where can I find a decent network television show?

horrible, predictable, every cliche in the B comic book how to book. Spoiled trouble rich girl, black best friend, ex-girlfriend that never moved on, mom and step-dad evil, I am not sure if the acting is bad or the writing or both. I only suffered through the first four episodes hoping it would improve but I could choke anymore of it down. Does the bodyguard ever find out and start to be his sidekick it not it will probably be soon. The one bright spot of the show is the multicultural cast. although as always on promo shots the darker skin cast mates are always in the back
  • Not consistent

I love this show but I am getting slightly iterated that the show is on every week and then once a fortnight. Seriously CW cant make their mind up when they are having shows on.

This sounds sad, but I have all my favorite shows on calendar so I know what I have to look forward to watching that night.
  • SLOW, REPETITIOUS STORYLINE SO FAR

-First, I love comic book based shows. Second, I was madly excited when I heard about Arrow. Third, I saw the first two episodes so far and they are dull and similar to each other.

-I'm not going to let the weight of the Arrow STORY carry the show. The two main actors playing Arrow and Laurel are DULL. So far it seems like they are headed in the direction of every episode being a team up of Arrow and Laurel fighting a bad guy and making heartachy looks at each other. If those two can't pull off more onscreen passion (and I don't mean lovewise) this series will tank soon.

The bad guys too seem dull. Are they ALL just going to be shady, rich, suits? Is Arrow just going to kill them and cross them off his list until the next episode when he crosses another one off? Is that going to be the show?!

The only thing that jumped from this show is that he actually KILLS the bad guys. I feel like on TV I have not seen that before. It is supergreat! Bad guys actually get their due! But how does a hood hide your Identity? Not to mention the sketch of the "vigilante" the cop was holding next to Olivers face looked like him exactly. So how could anyone believe nobody in that tv world sees that?!

P.S Hey, the cop is that magic guy from that sc-fi show that got cancelled that I used to watch.

Please bring some more storyline in FAST. More background, a LOT MORE island stuff will save the show. And I get if Arrow has to be all quiet and dangerous, but change up the actress that plays Laurel at least. Someone who is not all typical Loius Lane bravado, I'll save the world, while being overly poised...
  • The past better than present?

When I started to watch the show I really didn't like the regular "story from the past" insertions. But sadly, after more and more episodes, those became actually far more interesting that the main story. Then I stopped watching. it really felt that I can just watch any episode in any order and I wouldn't even know if I had seen it or not. It was all so cookie cutter. The main character is not bad, but then it goes pretty down from there.
  • Not as good as I thought it would be

I wanted to like the show but I find it drags...little action and alot of talk..... they canceled The Secret Circle...... now that was a likable show with a likable cast....everything is backwards nowadays people like the worst crap...what's good sucks to people....and what sucks is good to people....I just don't get it..
  • Could be So Awesome

3.5
    I really enjoyed season 1 but the story line for this season is so childish.

A grown man, trapped on an Island and tortured can't understand how Shado ending up getting killed and he blames the wrong person? LAME....

Next, I give last night's episode a go and come on, someone kidnaps you and then as you are able to leave you allow him to reign you in with a secret about your brother? Are people really that stupid?

Oh and how about how stupid they made Oliver, he knows that girl is against him at the company so he gives her temporary control rather than his mother or even Felicity.

They just really write this as if a 10 year old girl stuck in drama land is writing it. This show could be so awesome with a strong story line and Felicity is by far the best actress and role on the show. Sara should get killed off and Felicity should take her place.
  • BOOOOORRRIIING Super hero soap.

3.5
    I was excited about this show and it started with promise but it has now been weighed and measured and found wanting. What a great premise that has been ruined with sloppy writing and pretty average acting. The female actors especially. While they have not been supported with good storylines they have also not made the best of it. Katie Cassidy and Willa Holland are frankly show stoppers for me .... literally. I have now turned off.

It could have been so good and that makes it all the more disappointing.
  • It's a soap opera with a little action

3.5
    I tried to get into this, I really did. Maybe I was expecting too much but this show should be categorised as a soap opera. It's like watching Bold and the Beautiful with all the love triangles and focusing more on the relationships than what the comic was all about. I am pissed off that I wasted so much bandwidth watching this crap. Don't bother if you are looking for an action packed series.
  • Needs a lot of work

4.5
    Play a game with whomever you're with when you watch "Arrow". Before the show starts everyone writes down the number of times he/she thinks any of the following words sentences or phrases will be heard in a single episode: Are you OK? Are you all right? Sorry. Apologize. Family. When I was on that island. Add the number of hugs too.

Total all. Decide on a prize for the winner beforehand.

Could be a great show if they get rid of the soap opera writing.
  • He's the GREEN Arrow, not just a Freakin' Arrow guys!!!!

Is it just me; or is anyone else out there sick and tired of the "Island" back story???? Lose it already!!!! Enough is enough! And, most importantly, when are the producers of this show going to finally start calling Oliver the "Green Arrow" as opposed to just the "Arrow," or the "Hood?" He's NOT Robin Hood, and he's no more the "Arrow," any more than "Superman" is the "Red-Blue DUH! Why do TV producers have to screw up the names of the DC or Marvel heroes, just to prove they can do so? I've been a fan of Arrow since the start of the series, but, seriously, can you not start calling him the "GREEN arrow" any time soon? Or will Barry Allen just be the "Super fast Guy in a Red Suit" instead of "the Flash," and maybe the "Green Lantern" should become the "Guy in a green and black suit with a Coleman Lamp on his Chest?" Maybe "Batman" should become the "Rodent Guy who has wings?" GREEN Arrow, NOT arrow, get it??????
  • An insult to every thinking person out there

Seriously i'm getting tired of lame disguises by superheroes.... Black Canary, for instance, does it mean i can't recognize my own sister through such an excuse for a disguise?? common! WHO'S FOOLING WHO? at least they should make it more believable..... seriously! I can put up with Oliver's excuse for a disguise but if it goes on like this then there is something seriously wrong with the citizen's of Starling City...
  • Arrow in the knee

Funny thing is - If you'd cut out everything BUT the flashbacks you would actually have a pretty interesting show. The way it is now - meh.

This show's biggest problem is that it takes itself way, way too seriously. The writers should take some notes from Marvel's AoS, instead of Smallville (a show that will be remembered for ... nothing really)

It is ok for a certain kind of TV-show to touch serious subjects like 1%ers or vigilantism - not this one. This show is shallow, and that is fine. A ridiculously handsome cast, laughable character motivations and story that makes it clear, it wants to appeal to as many as possible while offending noone - I am okay with all that.

But then please lighten up. Make Oliver less brooding, have fun with the premise. Oliver Queen is no Bruce Wayne and we are NOT in Gotham City.
  • DO ENJOY IT

I WAS SUPRISED I DO ENJOY IT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE A FLOP AND THE REASON NOT TO SHOW ALL IN ONE EPOSIDE WHAT HAPPENED ON THE ISLAND TO HAVE YOU KEEP COMMING BACK FOR MORE JUST DEPENDS HOW LONG ? i WILL NOT KEEP WATCHING GOREVER BUT THE SHOW IS OK SO FAR
  • Eh, flat

I was looking forward to another superhero show. I have given it 6 episodes and am giving up. There is something amiss with writing and the acting. The characters are not that compelling or likable. In order to bring me along with the story I have to care about SOMEONE and that just hasn't happened. Oliver's quest of revenge of "the city" falls flat. If we saw that he had ever cared about the city then this would be a believable. It all has a one note feel.

Too bad. I wanted to like it.
  • 50/50

Good bt not as expected..... Hope in future sm change will be there.....
  • Like a Robin Hood.

5.5
    Allmost Robin Hood, nice countinuation.
  • Intresting in some POVs

Although it does sound exciting, the show could still do better. Live action superhero shows are not as good as the cartoon ones which is kinda a bit slow paced. Anyway, the actors were OK and the plots were a little subpar, but still watchable.
  • Woosh

Nice show. My only wish would be for it not be so rooted in reality. I've just finished watching season one, and now, upon reading that Flash is going to be in some episodes in season two, I wonder how the writers are going to implement him. Is he going to run real fast, like, faster than anyone else on the show, even faster than Arrow? So fast actually that his friends nicknamed him Flash?

This is what I mean. Stuff reality, and let him zip by so all you see is a red flash.

I have a second wish actually, and that would be: less Dallas and Dynasty, more true drama. But it's OK as it is, just not, like, really, really good.
  • Great season 1; puerile season 2

I loved the first season of this show: good action scenes, attractive actors, decent plot, solid production. Alas, after watching a few episodes of season 2 I decided to stop watching it. It really seems that the plot for the second season was written by some immature 12-year old. Too bad.
  • What happened?

I liked Arrow last season, and I was this season, its not the

bothers did Laurel become a cop? Makes no sense to me.
  • Only so-so.

I watched the first season, but I simply can't muster the enthusiasm needed to continue. It's not that it's awfully awful, I just can't manage to give a damn what happens to a single one of the characters...
  • Not sure if i like this show.

Something's missing. It's ok, but could be great. Nice cast, production could be better.
  • I give up...

As a comic fan I have tried to like this show for a dozen episodes now but it's just not working, at least not for me! :(

This is far from being a decent superhero action drama and more like a lame soap opera about the rich and beautiful people of Star City! Except for his looks Stephen Amell doesn't really bring anything to the character and his wooden acting just bores me to sleep

It also doesn't really help that they are messing with the original characters but that doesn't even matter anymore
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7