Arrow

Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered Oct 10, 2012 In Season

Gislef

Arrow Fan Reviews (322)

• Not for me

Show for drama queens and kings. Pretty people fucking around. I do believe, our boy Oliver, has only met a few female characters he hasn't fucked, or tried to. And yes, it's a DC superhero show! Or, it tries to be.

If you are a teenage girl, you will love the show, due to pretty people, shirtless men and shit, pointless, repetitive drama writing, or CW show in short,

If you enjoy good writing and normal humans, don't bother. Acting is good, for a Maybelline commercial with a bit of ham, prepare for eye darting on every commercial break.
  • Seriously

Well, I used to like watching this show until they decided to call me stupid for owning an ar15. I guess the writers have never heard of the 2nd amendment and believe that guns, not people, are the problem with high murders right now in our inner cities. Can't we just honestly enjoy an entertaining show without getting political for a change.
  • I can sum up every Arrow episode

Arrow - "Even though I totally need my teams help to stop this threat before it gets out of control I cant risk any of you getting hurt". "Oh, damn I've messed up again, okay guys I need your help now".
  • Terrible show

The show is terrible. Another chance at Hollywood trying to make everything politically correct. It's literally a joke. Why do they always have to great shows and throw in all the crap. They are trying to hard for diversity with the gay superhero that has zero training. Or all the women super heroes. We get it you wanna make it diverse. But don't force it.
  • bad one

Bad bad Bad
  • Disrespectful

I am so pissed off seeing several mistakes being made, first off Guggenheim you are supposed to keep canon characters alive, i loved felicity the 1st two seasons but shes literally becoming a mary sue this show is not a soap opera its supposed to be action, and for the record disrespecting the content shows you dont care for the show or its fans .. hah im definitely not watching this after the crap you pulled on Laurel...
  • Trainwreck with no hope in sight...

What a mess Arrow has become. I used to sing the praises of this show after the first 2 seasons. I told everyone I could think of that if they weren't watching the show already, they were missing one of the best comic-book adapted TV shows ever. I can't say that any longer. It has simply gotten more and more awful as the last two seasons have gone on. Killing Laurel was a cop out. It's lazy storytelling. Much of the shows failures is because it turned into a soap opera with season 3 well into this season and continues. I said from the very beginning putting Oliver and Felicity together was a mistake and I was right. The flirting aspects of their relationship was quaint but it didn't need to go beyond that. Once they concentrated on those two, everyone else went into the background. What they should have just done is killed all the supporting characters and left those two and called it "The Adventures of Oliver and Felicity" because that's what the show has now become. I'm done with the show after this season. There's a far better show on TV right now and it's called The Flash, which puts more of an emphasis on the action and all the characters.
  • I'm done!!

This will be my last season - I'm done watching this show. There is many frustrating stuff: extremaly stupid decisions of main characters (I know those are popular in TV shows but this one has too may of them), poor fighting/shooting scenes (slow and predictable), no consistence in the fighting abilities of main characters (he wins with the big boss and looses with a random bad guy) etc. etc. I could keep going but I think you get the point.
  • Episode 17...

... Won't air here for another three weeks so I can't review it until then!!!!!
  • Great start, now i stopped watching this bullshit show...

Oliver and Thea many months, even years, to get that good at it and John Diggle was formally trained in the military. Laurel has always been a joke as far as I'm concerned, and this transition into an avenger is so WRONG!!

Somehow the writers have latched onto the stupid idea that other action shows have begun, which is showing scenes from the FUTURE. Really??? That makes the show even more difficult to watch! I, for one, will find something else to watch in its stead if this crap doesn't stop before the end of the season.

Please, writers... give Oliver his cajones back, and take Laurel's away!!

The only ones making any sense and keeping my respect are Diggle and his family.

ps: guys with rifles ,2 feet of oliver misses all shots, oliver takes all guys 5 with a bow... WOW
  • THIS SHOW HAS TOO MUCH ESTROGEN

Oliver Queen is a girl now with all these feelings. Laurel NEEDS TO PLEASE DIE, she's basically a "See You Next Tuesday", Felicity is annoying more than ever and making Oliver a wuss. Speedy is unrealistic beating up 3-4 men twice her size. Season 1 was great, season 2 ok, season 3 watch-able and season 4 is painful.

It's time to stop watching this show and go back to watching Flash only. Least every girl on that show doesn't turn into a 100lb superhero.

This show has turned into a woman's superhero bitch fest where all people do is whine, complain, and blame others.

Garbage!
  • arrow blahs

If this is the way oliver is going to act ,like a little bitch i wont be watching ANYMORE!
  • Please stop with the PC BS.

Show was good when it started. Now everyone in the cast is a superhero, homosexual crap. WTH? Can't these producers just stick to what made Green Arrow popular to begin with? Why all the agenda based garbage? Seriously.
  • The Arrow is Broken. Fix It!!!!!

Great actors being forced to read horrible scripts. DC was always 2nd to Marvel and a poor copycat, now the TV series? I skipped lunch as a kid to buy a Marvel comic, never a DC. I wanted to be a fan of the show, but after watching Oliver taking cover behind a moving car in Converse out. Too laughable. Nobody with a brain wants Below Average!
  • Oliver is nuts

I love Arrow, but, not a fan of this episode. I rated it a 5 but 1 showed up. Not loving this season. Some episodes are good. This 1 just left me with my mouth hanging, that means not very impressed.
  • OLICITY, BIG MISTAKE

This show has become a soap opera, had enough of Felicity busy body and know it all ways; had enough of Felicity drooling over Oliver; had enough of Laurel haters. Please blame the lame writers for the badly written character for the one who will become Black Canary If Olicity does happen it will be because of all the drooling teenagers. Keep the important parts, the relevant parts and characters as they are in DC world.
  • Really is this rated 8.9?

As a fan of the comics and of Smallville I approached Arrow with a positive and open mind. Within minutes of the pilot I felt disappointed. I decided to give the series and actors time to really develop before writing it off as a 'steaming pile'.

I'm a fan of John Barrowman's work from Doctor Who and Torchwood and was sad to see the writers and other actors give him nothing to work with. I've seen his strength as an actor and it's obvious his talents were not utilized. His acting is far superior to his co-actors.

I was not familiar with Stephen Amell prior to Arrow and wish I wasn't now. His portrayal of Oliver Queen is wooden, lacking in range and very unmemorable. His Green Arrow is much, much better but still a little distant. I need a reason to care about the character. This actor was clearly chosen for looks alone.

Justin Hartley's 'Oliver Queen was simply brilliant, as was his Green Arrow. Given the writing for this show, in my opinion, Justin Hartley dodged a bullet by not getting the part. Though, I personally, miss him on my screen.

This show seriously needs cancellation and to start again with a new cast and crew and some serious effort put into scripts and believability.

Can't believe this rated over a 2!

• roy sucks

roy was a bad pick for this show
  • I gave S1 the benefit of the doubt.....

however now I realise that the entire series was written by a bunch of 12 y o during their summer break.

There can be no other explanation for the mind bogglingly inane "plot" that tries to carry this series through.

I thought US TV had something to offer vis a vis The Wire, Sopranos etc but this just adds to the well held view that TV in America is for watching as you chew on your pizza, burger or french fries while awaiting the sport.

Pap is too good a word for this garbage !
  • PLEASE CANCEL "ARROW"

I too was excited about the show but now I can't stand to watch after this last episode where he chose "what's her face" (his best friend's girlfriend) over helping his partner get his brother's murderer!!! Really??? Arrow has gotten boring and stupid and eewww, and Oliver is all of the above too and shouldn't have a love interest or choose it over his mission which is to bring criminals to after he let down his partner, that was the last please cancel the show or make major adjustments to the star's pathetic character....
  • Skyrocket downfall

Awful show it get worst by episode...
  • Just because a show is violent doesn't mean its not cheesy. This show has no reason to take itself so seriously.

This show is a superhero version of "Supernatural". Minus the originality and humor that make "supernatural" almost worth watching. Basically the guy playing Oliver has nothing to do with the comic book character. Its not even an original character. He is Dean in a pair of Green Tights. CW viewers adore a mean spirited person who thinks that their version of good and evil and justice is the right one. So I am sure that the teeny group of remaining "Supernatural" fans will stay tuned. And as the CW has never had high expectations for any of its shows, thats probably enough. Probably. This show had a chance. It started out with decent ratings, and even the second episode had a couple million viewers. But its already down to the typical CW ratings, and still losing out..although the leak is slow.

The thing is that a brainless show like this COULD be good. It has one thing going for it; Lots of action.

If "Arrow" stopped taking itself seriously, played the stupidity of its plot for laughs, got a better fight choreographer, and lost the whole annoying angsty ex girlfriend sideline, it would be a passable show. Hiring some better looking actors wouldn't hurt either. Of course the lead is attractive. He is handsome in the way that young actors are handsome. But there is not one bit of anything special about him, including his looks. And in shows like this a sexy cast is a must.
  • Dissapointment and a cancer to world of shows.

Terrible writte, terribly casted, made for adolescent kids.

The set of the show is boring and reminds me it is cheap and without promise.

My hope is this dissapearing as soon as possible from any channels timetable.

Premise, upbringing, backstory, the " Arrows " actions are far worse than just a vigilante crime fighter.

Honestly I cant imagine how and why so many people have enjoyed this so much!
  • Terrible time slot

I don't know what they were thinking putting this show up against "The Middle" and "Animal Practice".

Ican only record two shows at once. This will be another soap opera type thing like Smallville, It's not worth watching at this time. If it was on Thursday or friday at 8pm, I could watch. or a repeat on Saturday afternoon would be good.

I think the WB is setting this show up for failure.
  • HONESTLY, SEASON 4-7 DID FAIL LOTS OF VIEWERS INCLUDING ME.

1.5
    I have never had any season film as terribly bored as this. I wasted my money and time. Its no use watching seasons 4 -7. Its totally bored. It SUCKS. Believe me.
  • Good,but not hitting its mark

1.5
    Season 1 was excellent and season 2 had been spectacular, but season 3 has been disappointing so far.

All of the superhero stuff has been spot on. Ive enjoyed the villians, the action, roy getting the arsenal handle,ATOM and ive absolutely enjoyed laurel becoming Black Canary.

What ive hated is that they spent WAY to much time trying to convince us that Oliver is in "love" with felicity. I didnt believe it the season finale in S2 and I didnt believe it during the big date of the premiere. Its also made Oliver into an emo wuss. Id also appreciate it if they would make felicity less preachy and self-righteous.

Hopefully oliver will get his shit together soon and this will become the show i became a fan off back in the pilot again.
  • no no no

this show was somewhat enjoyable now i can't watch it anymore it's boring please cancel this
  • Used to be good, now it's crap

The recent episode where they said that an AR-15 is the same thing as a military M16 during a clearly-scripted gun-control tirade is when I realized this garbage of a show had fully jumped the shark. Seasons 1-3 were good. Now it's just conveniently dropping political "facts" like Curtis saying black people are 3X more likely to die from guns whilst failing to mention that blacks are massively over-represented in committing gun-related crime America. Maybe they should make Curtis a pacifist while they're at it - you know, to show he "really" cares about blacks in America. I wouldn't be surprised if they added an intergalactic bisexual obese genderfluid Bernie Sanders doppelganger from the 7th dimension in the next season who takes out enemies with xis radicalism.

End the show this season. It's over. Not even worth streaming from bootleg sites online.
  • Watching S4 Ep21 I realised how bad the show is becoming, the Dhark thing should end soon

Too much episodes and stupid mistakes occurred with Dhark, too much unneeded magic!!! The Arrow is becoming so irritating to watch, please remove stupid Dhark waving hand and killing people, remove the stupid memories of oliver and make the show more realistic and easier to swallow.
  • Most downhill show of the decade

Arrow started off as a clever and relatable series. As the show went on, every damn character with a name put on a mask, chose some horrible nickname, and started running around attempting to "save the city" from crime. It started as a good and reasonable show and now it has become the most outlandish thing I have ever seen. I would literally say that the flash is more REALISTIC because at least it doesn't have a dumb drugged out laurel lance attempting to fight crime and an anyone can be a vigilante superhero moto.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10