Arrow

Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Oct 10, 2012 In Season

Gislef

Arrow Fan Reviews (229)

• Terrible time slot

I don't know what they were thinking putting this show up against "The Middle" and "Animal Practice".

Ican only record two shows at once. This will be another soap opera type thing like Smallville, It's not worth watching at this time. If it was on Thursday or friday at 8pm, I could watch. or a repeat on Saturday afternoon would be good.

I think the WB is setting this show up for failure.
  • SLOW, REPETITIOUS STORYLINE SO FAR

-First, I love comic book based shows. Second, I was madly excited when I heard about Arrow. Third, I saw the first two episodes so far and they are dull and similar to each other.

-I'm not going to let the weight of the Arrow STORY carry the show. The two main actors playing Arrow and Laurel are DULL. So far it seems like they are headed in the direction of every episode being a team up of Arrow and Laurel fighting a bad guy and making heartachy looks at each other. If those two can't pull off more onscreen passion (and I don't mean lovewise) this series will tank soon.

The bad guys too seem dull. Are they ALL just going to be shady, rich, suits? Is Arrow just going to kill them and cross them off his list until the next episode when he crosses another one off? Is that going to be the show?!

The only thing that jumped from this show is that he actually KILLS the bad guys. I feel like on TV I have not seen that before. It is supergreat! Bad guys actually get their due! But how does a hood hide your Identity? Not to mention the sketch of the "vigilante" the cop was holding next to Olivers face looked like him exactly. So how could anyone believe nobody in that tv world sees that?!

P.S Hey, the cop is that magic guy from that sc-fi show that got cancelled that I used to watch.

Please bring some more storyline in FAST. More background, a LOT MORE island stuff will save the show. And I get if Arrow has to be all quiet and dangerous, but change up the actress that plays Laurel at least. Someone who is not all typical Loius Lane bravado, I'll save the world, while being overly poised...
  • I gave S1 the benefit of the doubt.....

however now I realise that the entire series was written by a bunch of 12 y o during their summer break.

There can be no other explanation for the mind bogglingly inane "plot" that tries to carry this series through.

I thought US TV had something to offer vis a vis The Wire, Sopranos etc but this just adds to the well held view that TV in America is for watching as you chew on your pizza, burger or french fries while awaiting the sport.

Pap is too good a word for this garbage !
  • Arrow in the knee

Funny thing is - If you'd cut out everything BUT the flashbacks you would actually have a pretty interesting show. The way it is now - meh.

This show's biggest problem is that it takes itself way, way too seriously. The writers should take some notes from Marvel's AoS, instead of Smallville (a show that will be remembered for ... nothing really)

It is ok for a certain kind of TV-show to touch serious subjects like 1%ers or vigilantism - not this one. This show is shallow, and that is fine. A ridiculously handsome cast, laughable character motivations and story that makes it clear, it wants to appeal to as many as possible while offending noone - I am okay with all that.

But then please lighten up. Make Oliver less brooding, have fun with the premise. Oliver Queen is no Bruce Wayne and we are NOT in Gotham City.
  • Assessment as of Season 2, episode 6

Ok, let's start by saying that Arrow is getting better and better.

And season 2 is delivering quite nicely so far.

Let's see, what do we have,

1) Black Canary

6) Amanda Waller

returning

Slade Wilson / Terminator

DeadShot.

This is good, a lot of Teen Titans influence as well as some Batman.

Nothing wrong with this, all good.

Nanda Parbat .. again.. so, Malcolm was an assassin for the League of Assassins, one could pretty much make that a safe assumption.

Of course, in DC Comics, Nanda Parbat is a hidden city, home of the goddess Rama Kushna and the reason for Boston Brand to become Deadman.

So, I'm hoping there will be an appearance by Deadman and perhaps even a story arc to find out what the connection between Nanda Parbat and the League of Assassins is. Does the city need saving? who knows?

Now Professor Ivo, this is quite the surprise, he's the one who design Amazo, the Android that could replicate the Justice League's powers. In here, he's some scientist trying to find a serum which give people super-human strength. Am I guessing this is the Venom drug from Bane?

The Black Canary was using a device for her 'canary' cry, so, no super-powers there.

Anyways, this is a keeper ladies and gentlemen, this is now a really cool show. I'm glad they didn't keep Smallville's Green Arrow and that they restarted with new actors.

It's a better show than Smallville, period.
  • PLEASE CANCEL "ARROW"

I too was excited about the show but now I can't stand to watch after this last episode where he chose "what's her face" (his best friend's girlfriend) over helping his partner get his brother's murderer!!! Really??? Arrow has gotten boring and stupid and eewww, and Oliver is all of the above too and shouldn't have a love interest or choose it over his mission which is to bring criminals to after he let down his partner, that was the last please cancel the show or make major adjustments to the star's pathetic character....
  • Skyrocket downfall

Awful show it get worst by episode...
  • Just because a show is violent doesn't mean its not cheesy. This show has no reason to take itself so seriously.

This show is a superhero version of "Supernatural". Minus the originality and humor that make "supernatural" almost worth watching. Basically the guy playing Oliver has nothing to do with the comic book character. Its not even an original character. He is Dean in a pair of Green Tights. CW viewers adore a mean spirited person who thinks that their version of good and evil and justice is the right one. So I am sure that the teeny group of remaining "Supernatural" fans will stay tuned. And as the CW has never had high expectations for any of its shows, thats probably enough. Probably. This show had a chance. It started out with decent ratings, and even the second episode had a couple million viewers. But its already down to the typical CW ratings, and still losing out..although the leak is slow.

The thing is that a brainless show like this COULD be good. It has one thing going for it; Lots of action.

If "Arrow" stopped taking itself seriously, played the stupidity of its plot for laughs, got a better fight choreographer, and lost the whole annoying angsty ex girlfriend sideline, it would be a passable show. Hiring some better looking actors wouldn't hurt either. Of course the lead is attractive. He is handsome in the way that young actors are handsome. But there is not one bit of anything special about him, including his looks. And in shows like this a sexy cast is a must.
  • Where can I find a decent network television show?

horrible, predictable, every cliche in the B comic book how to book. Spoiled trouble rich girl, black best friend, ex-girlfriend that never moved on, mom and step-dad evil, I am not sure if the acting is bad or the writing or both. I only suffered through the first four episodes hoping it would improve but I could choke anymore of it down. Does the bodyguard ever find out and start to be his sidekick it not it will probably be soon. The one bright spot of the show is the multicultural cast. although as always on promo shots the darker skin cast mates are always in the back
  • Most Frustrating Episode in Television History

Please tell me how much more you guys can humiliate a show's hero????? Arrow [aka Oliver Queen] was tormented, beaten in every way imagination, and for what? So that we might watch the next episode? What happened to giving a little something back? How about some small bit of satisfaction to the audience? A morsel would have been fine. All of them, Arrows entire entourage, torn to shreds in every way outside of cold blooded murder. Oliver needs to get the hell off his high horse and start doing what has to be done, instead of "filling the jails" with people he refuses to kill. Also, I am sick of the ridiculous back story. It's annoying, distracting, unnecessary. Finally, the Arrow's nemesis [Slade] is ridiculously powerful. Hello! No way Arrow can do more than lick his boots. This is ridiculous. Next week better be a quintessential revenge massacre, or I'm outta here.
  • Really is this rated 8.9?

As a fan of the comics and of Smallville I approached Arrow with a positive and open mind. Within minutes of the pilot I felt disappointed. I decided to give the series and actors time to really develop before writing it off as a 'steaming pile'.

I'm a fan of John Barrowman's work from Doctor Who and Torchwood and was sad to see the writers and other actors give him nothing to work with. I've seen his strength as an actor and it's obvious his talents were not utilized. His acting is far superior to his co-actors.

I was not familiar with Stephen Amell prior to Arrow and wish I wasn't now. His portrayal of Oliver Queen is wooden, lacking in range and very unmemorable. His Green Arrow is much, much better but still a little distant. I need a reason to care about the character. This actor was clearly chosen for looks alone.

Justin Hartley's 'Oliver Queen was simply brilliant, as was his Green Arrow. Given the writing for this show, in my opinion, Justin Hartley dodged a bullet by not getting the part. Though, I personally, miss him on my screen.

This show seriously needs cancellation and to start again with a new cast and crew and some serious effort put into scripts and believability.

Can't believe this rated over a 2!

• Dissapointment and a cancer to world of shows.

Terrible writte, terribly casted, made for adolescent kids.

The set of the show is boring and reminds me it is cheap and without promise.

My hope is this dissapearing as soon as possible from any channels timetable.

Premise, upbringing, backstory, the " Arrows " actions are far worse than just a vigilante crime fighter.

Honestly I cant imagine how and why so many people have enjoyed this so much!
  • Season 2 put an arrow right through Arrow's knee.

I'm well acquainted with the standard politically correct propaganda push in most TV series these days, but this is absurd. Season 2 went full bore social justice cult social engineering. Every episode is so jam packed with leftist ideology that there is no room for a story. It's like a live action play of college feminist twitter/tumblr streams. Very disappointing after season 1.
  • Eh, flat

I was looking forward to another superhero show. I have given it 6 episodes and am giving up. There is something amiss with writing and the acting. The characters are not that compelling or likable. In order to bring me along with the story I have to care about SOMEONE and that just hasn't happened. Oliver's quest of revenge of "the city" falls flat. If we saw that he had ever cared about the city then this would be a believable. It all has a one note feel.

Too bad. I wanted to like it.
  • Great season 1; puerile season 2

I loved the first season of this show: good action scenes, attractive actors, decent plot, solid production. Alas, after watching a few episodes of season 2 I decided to stop watching it. It really seems that the plot for the second season was written by some immature 12-year old. Too bad.
  • Not consistent

I love this show but I am getting slightly iterated that the show is on every week and then once a fortnight. Seriously CW cant make their mind up when they are having shows on.

This sounds sad, but I have all my favorite shows on calendar so I know what I have to look forward to watching that night.
  • BOOOOORRRIIING Super hero soap.

3.5
    I was excited about this show and it started with promise but it has now been weighed and measured and found wanting. What a great premise that has been ruined with sloppy writing and pretty average acting. The female actors especially. While they have not been supported with good storylines they have also not made the best of it. Katie Cassidy and Willa Holland are frankly show stoppers for me .... literally. I have now turned off.

It could have been so good and that makes it all the more disappointing.
  • this show is Gangam Style

this show iz as great as Gangam Style Video clip
  • Not as good as I thought it would be

I wanted to like the show but I find it drags...little action and alot of talk..... they canceled The Secret Circle...... now that was a likable show with a likable cast....everything is backwards nowadays people like the worst crap...what's good sucks to people....and what sucks is good to people....I just don't get it..
  • It's a soap opera with a little action

3.5
    I tried to get into this, I really did. Maybe I was expecting too much but this show should be categorised as a soap opera. It's like watching Bold and the Beautiful with all the love triangles and focusing more on the relationships than what the comic was all about. I am pissed off that I wasted so much bandwidth watching this crap. Don't bother if you are looking for an action packed series.
  • Very good

Very very good.Streight to the point.appears to be better than smallville.
  • great start to a awesome series always loved green arrow

this show is one of a kind great direction it is going great cast can't wait for more episodes
  • Felicty sunk the show for me.

In real life, what man could stand being 5 minutes in her company. Her staccato way of talking is getting so old I've had to dump the show. Season1 was great. Since then it's turned into a fecking soap opera. Obviously aimed at women now, so enjoy ladies.
  • DO ENJOY IT

I WAS SUPRISED I DO ENJOY IT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE A FLOP AND THE REASON NOT TO SHOW ALL IN ONE EPOSIDE WHAT HAPPENED ON THE ISLAND TO HAVE YOU KEEP COMMING BACK FOR MORE JUST DEPENDS HOW LONG ? i WILL NOT KEEP WATCHING GOREVER BUT THE SHOW IS OK SO FAR
  • I give up...

As a comic fan I have tried to like this show for a dozen episodes now but it's just not working, at least not for me! :(

This is far from being a decent superhero action drama and more like a lame soap opera about the rich and beautiful people of Star City! Except for his looks Stephen Amell doesn't really bring anything to the character and his wooden acting just bores me to sleep

It also doesn't really help that they are messing with the original characters but that doesn't even matter anymore
  • katie cassidy ? come on,... she was even awful on GG

i like the show but i wish i could just fast forward every katie cassidy in it ,... why?

1. NO ACTING SKILLS WHATSOEVER

2. no chemistry with ANYBODY

3. does not look the part of pre-island oliver's girlfriend ( anybody ? blond and sexy please )

4. give her a grey wig and she is the grandmother ,... what's up with the attitude ? I WANT SASSY and cool,...

5. AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU CAN ADD,...
  • Pilot

I thought i was very awesome! But let's wait for the next episodes before i give my final judgment about this series...
  • Arrow hits it's mark

We've seen all the comic revivals from Marvel and this DC Arrow is pretty brilliant. I'd go on about the story, but I want to share something: I was watching the premier with my mother, whom I would normally say is super sharp, but as we were watching a very simple story line with the flash backs to set up the history and the real time to set up for the vengeance, she kept asking questions like: Why is he on an island, how did he get in the hospital, is that his sister, why are they on a boat, where did he get the tattoos...

It was a very disappointing. But of the show I was able to enjoy... it was amazing. I loved the back story, very close the original comic. There's more, but you should just watch it. It was awesome. I can't wait for the next one.
  • Worst Super Hero Show to Date

This show is so poorly written and poorly acted I'm surprised anyone can take it seriously. The characters are so bland they could all just drop dead and I would feel nothing. Most of the scenes that happen in the show don't even make sense! The villains are very forgettable, and the writers treat the audience like idiots. Honestly the show could have been made up completely of rough drafts and I wouldn't even know the difference. This show deserves a 2 out of 10, and that's generous.
  • The past better than present?

When I started to watch the show I really didn't like the regular "story from the past" insertions. But sadly, after more and more episodes, those became actually far more interesting that the main story. Then I stopped watching. it really felt that I can just watch any episode in any order and I wouldn't even know if I had seen it or not. It was all so cookie cutter. The main character is not bad, but then it goes pretty down from there.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8