Arrow

Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Oct 10, 2012 In Season

Gislef

Arrow Fan Reviews (283)

• Here's a Good Point...

The way I see it, you can watch the show, and enjoy it. (I do) Or, STOP WATCHING. But, to read all the moaning and groaning and b***hing, bout it. The first season was great, now it sucks. Go to school and learn how to be a writer. Then see how hard it is. Pay your dues to get in the door to start make a living at it. Pour your time and energy into writing a script. Just so, some couch potato, who's done nothing can say it was a waste. I'm not trying to start a war. Everyone is in title to their opinion. But, no one and I mean no one, likes a HATER. So, Watch and enjoy or Don't Watch and enjoy something else. No ones holding a gun to your head. Season 1 thru Season 4 has been quit entertaining.
  • Potential Wasted

Seriously, this show is going down the crapper... it was a really good show until the end of season 2, then the quality just keeps falling down. I was hoping that after a wishy-washy season 3, that season 4 would be better, but nope. It's really a shame what CW is doing with a show with so much potential.
  • "Blood

I also am becoming very disappointed in the direction these episodes are going. This episode, "Blood Debts" falls far short of the title and is more ridiculous than the last one ("Dark Waters").

Felicity has been shot and is now paralyzed, and apparently is going to remain so for the rest of her life.

Green Arrow, aka Oliver, keeps fighting Darhk head-on. It has never worked in any of his previous head-on meetings with the dastardly demon, so why would he do it again? It is said that the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing, the same way, over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Duh. Also, Oliver has become so very passive it's become embarrassing!

Laurel?.. Now there's a perfect example of 'REDICULOUS'! She always has been a whiney, self-centered baby, and now she's magically transformed into a masked avenger with all the skills of a martial arts expert. All of that after very little training. It took Oliver and Thea many months, even years, to get that good at it and John Diggle was formally trained in the military. Laurel has always been a joke as far as I'm concerned, and this transition into an avenger is so WRONG!!

Somehow the writers have latched onto the stupid idea that other action shows have begun, which is showing scenes from the FUTURE. Really??? That makes the show even more difficult to watch! I, for one, will find something else to watch in its stead if this crap doesn't stop before the end of the season.

Please, writers... give Oliver his cajones back, and take Laurel's away!!

The only ones making any sense and keeping my respect are Diggle and his family. Go figure.
  • Please take my advice Arrow Crew

Ok I love this show so much l, I actually started watching season one like 2 days ago and I'm now on season 3 episode 22, I literally have gotten addicted to it. But the thing that frustrated me the most with the show is how felicity smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) is now starting to pretty much date Oliver "Stephen Amell". Stephen Amell is a fantastic actor by the way and great role model, but I think the person Oliver should be with is laural, I mean they have deep history and it just seems right! Not felicity they make her act weird on the show and it's nothing against the actor or anything, I just prefer Laural and Oliver together. And another thing that made me upset was when Sarah "Caity Lotz" died. WHY, she was just a boss. I think her death was way to soon. Also I wanna see more of Celinda Jade, whether it's Shado or the twin May. Other then that I love the show but would really like if felicity would back off of "oli" its laurels man...
  • THIS SHOW HAS TOO MUCH ESTROGEN

Oliver Queen is a girl now with all these feelings. Laurel NEEDS TO PLEASE DIE, she's basically a "See You Next Tuesday", Felicity is annoying more than ever and making Oliver a wuss. Speedy is unrealistic beating up 3-4 men twice her size. Season 1 was great, season 2 ok, season 3 watch-able and season 4 is painful.

It's time to stop watching this show and go back to watching Flash only. Least every girl on that show doesn't turn into a 100lb superhero.

This show has turned into a woman's superhero bitch fest where all people do is whine, complain, and blame others.

Garbage!
  • Cannot Stand Laurel

Seriously? Laurel is going to learn how to fight and be a superhero, too? Ugh. She is incredibly lame and constantly whining about how things aren't fair. And watch, after just a couple lessons she will magically be entirely proficient in taking the bad guys down. Sadly, this show is starting to lose interest for me. Oh, and not to mention that Oliver has become "Mr. Sensitive I'm in Touch with my I really miss Season One.
  • arrow blahs

If this is the way oliver is going to act ,like a little bitch i wont be watching ANYMORE!
  • Lost Souls

Felicity doesn't take Oliver's rebuffing well. . FREELY FOR YOU
  • Laurel is becoming a little too stupid

She never sees how ridiculous and self centered her decisions are, in particular the inane decision to bring Sarah back even after the problems with Thea's blood lust. Seriously, what did she expect ... and now she blames Oliver .... aie. Do something .... please.
  • I'm new to Arrow

I've started watching this show last week (nov 9th) and now I'm on mid season 2 and I love it so much! I don't know why I didn't watch this show sooner ! I guess I wasn't so interested in the story or superhero type which is odd because I love other shows like that.

But now I am so glad that I started watching this show. I really love the cast and the performance of the actors...

I'm in middle of my 3rd economics semster at uni and I also work part time (80% of the week) so normally I don't have the time to actually watch anything but I think for this show I make an exception :P :D

I already ship Oliver with Felicity (even though they hadn't had much romantic scenes so far except for like 4-5) so I'M STAYING FAR AWAY FROM MY TUMBLR ACCOUNT ATM!
  • John Constantine

Pleaseeee make JOHN CONSTANTINE show by The CW
  • If I Didn't Know Better

3.5
    I'd say that this show is written by 55+ yr old Jewish Men and Women. So much whining, guilt, hypocrisy and finger pointing. Uggh. Every time you turn around some is making someone else feel guilty about something, or whining about something. And it's unrealistic to have a woman's hair so perfect after a 2 minute fight scene. No one ever seems to sweat.

• Love This Show!!!!

I love this look forward to Wednesdays every week. The combination of personalities and skills is wonderul!
  • Great escapism TV

I remember watching Arrow when it first came on and not being particularly interested, but after binge watching the entire first season of The Flash what got me hooked was the character of Felicity Smoak so of course I had to check out the show where she was a main character and the rest is history. This season is shaping up to be a winner but the foreshadowing of events to come in the premiere episode was a bit alarming. Look forward to seeing the rest of the season.
  • Please stop with the PC BS.

Show was good when it started. Now everyone in the cast is a superhero, homosexual crap. WTH? Can't these producers just stick to what made Green Arrow popular to begin with? Why all the agenda based garbage? Seriously.
  • Moving on to Season 4

Moving on to Season 4 - first 2 episodes.

Neil McDonough as the bad guy! Ok, I'm in, this actor is pretty damn amazing. Loved him in Justified. He was also in Suits and was also terrific in the show.

He will make Arrow really interesting this season. Of all the bad guys we've seen, he might be the best. No whining, just being evil with a plan. I am going to love it.

And his role provides him with mystical abilities, so, this might be a good way to get more Constantine on the show. At first, I figured that Constantine will have a hand at helping Sara get resurrected somehow, perhaps he will have a spell to help deal with the madness, but, seeing that we have a really mystical evil adversary, Constantine might have a few episodes in the season.

Green Arrow monicker, finally!

The new costume is looking good, I like the other one, but I can see this one as a progression. it is lighter and as such, I suspect the season will see 'Green Arrow' in more public places.

The city went through so much shit, it's now called 'Star City'. Didn't see that coming, but its a good call.

Oliver running for Mayor.. That I saw coming, that was a no-brainer, a direct port from the comics.

I can see the threads now.

Laurel will get her sister revived, predictable.

Speedy/Red Arrow going having after effects of the Lazarus Pit, ok, well, while it is predictable, my understanding is that the madness affects you most when you first get out of the pit. But hey..

We got Mr. Terrific... kind of.. I don't mind he being gay, but Mr. Terrific is typically both brains and brawns. Not so much brawns on this one.

Wonder if the crazy, wacky invention will be the T-Spheres.

We know that Ray Palmer isn't dead, so, how is he coming back... I mean, he's gonna have to come back, he is one of the stars in the new 'Legends of Tomorrow" tv show as the Atom.

But, the surprise kicker is the alliance between Detective Lance and Damian Darhk, that one.. Not so sure I get the angle yet.

Still, for what it's worth, this show started off good, saw the first two episodes and I'm hooked as usual.

The island flashback, wonder if that is going to be a tie in to the tomb scene between Barry and Oliver.

Some people are complaining about Oliver's fighting skills. Wonder why? I mean, when he fought with his sister, he was holding back, he had too. Beside that, well, you know, let's give him a break!

Fun fun fun.

***

Ok, let's start by saying that Arrow is getting better and better.

And season 2 is delivering quite nicely so far.

Let's see, what do we have,

1) Black Canary

6) Amanda Waller

returning

Slade Wilson / Terminator

DeadShot.

This is good, a lot of Teen Titans influence as well as some Batman.

Nothing wrong with this, all good.

Nanda Parbat .. again.. so, Malcolm was an assassin for the League of Assassins, one could pretty much make that a safe assumption.

Of course, in DC Comics, Nanda Parbat is a hidden city, home of the goddess Rama Kushna and the reason for Boston Brand to become Deadman.

So, I'm hoping there will be an appearance by Deadman and perhaps even a story arc to find out what the connection between Nanda Parbat and the League of Assassins is. Does the city need saving? who knows?

Now Professor Ivo, this is quite the surprise, he's the one who design Amazo, the Android that could replicate the Justice League's powers. In here, he's some scientist trying to find a serum which give people super-human strength. Am I guessing this is the Venom drug from Bane?

The Black Canary was using a device for her 'canary' cry, so, no super-powers there.

Anyways, this is a keeper ladies and gentlemen, this is now a really cool show. I'm glad they didn't keep Smallville's Green Arrow and that they restarted with new actors.

It's a better show than Smallville, period.
  • Olie's getting bad at fighting

I was drawn into this because of his fighting skills, it's getting pretty bad in every episode now. All the new comers are way better fighters than him and it's just getting on me nerves. I love the show but what they are doing with the character isn't good enough. Make him the person who he was during the first couple of seasons. Don't get me wrong but his suit looks like it's been made up for halloween or something..
  • Writers have made Oliver Queen softer than Charmin

2.5
    I've seen every episode hoping that the show will get better but I am a fool. The writers have turned Oliver Queen into a bitch.
  • Suite needs to be amended

I agree. I don't like the new suit either. The original had a nice rustic appeal. The shoulder guards are out of place with the rest of the suit. We just need him clutching a gridiron ball and the picture will be complete.

To albundyhere,

There's a plethora of shows such as jordyshore & american horror story that I'm sure can satisfy all your needs. Or you could simply go thru your prolific collection of penthouse magazines, that your parents have yet to discover....
  • GREEN

I saw the s04 e01 all is gud... bt one thing i dont like it is the suit of the arrow . The old suit was very good looks good.
  • What happened to

I have only one question when it comes to Arrow. What happened to Sirus Gold and will he ever come back as his alter ego?
  • Boring and unlikely.

This show is terrible.

Terrible acting. Awful story. Really stupid.

I can't believe the score given by users to this stupid show.

This is a numbing tv show.
  • Nyssa Al Ghul looks so familiar

I knew that rack looked familiar, but I just couldn't place a nip to the boobie! Finally, I figured out it was Katrina Law, who by some miracle was in many full frontal nude scenes on a real network, lol, sorry CW, but PG shows dont cut it anymore. Its always the nips that give these girls away. Man, her body is built strong!
  • Top Shows - Dark, grounded, compelling, awesome action

Love the emphasis on the female characters in season 3 so far. It does feel like a team up show. Which is totally fine :DD. Some subtle crossovers are starting with Felicity and I heard Flash, woo!

Mostly updated except comics, 1-2 ep from season 1 and 2, half way on season 3 (12-July 2015) CW/WB
  • Best Way to Build Muscle Without

bad in Rockley and if there's a negative response is how they feel well they know that the that they'd still need help you reachyeah but some people can have the other ninety ring containing national and really have no significant difference in with another one stick with the not starchy vegetable and stay .
  • More focus on OTeam Arrow

I liked this season but i want that S4 focus more on Team Arrow on field (Oliver/Felicity/Diggle). I know that this season had to much drama and darkness but the characters need to grown to another lvl. Give me a more light Oliver, enough with the angst part keep them together and plays things.
  • could have gone better

4.5
    Season 3 could have gone better if Slade wilson had his more appearances in the show....

But this season was truly disappointing...

As per comics, nobody knew who Ra's Al Ghul was....

Here the concept got changed entirely.

need to work on this
  • Minor setback for hopefully a Major comeback

I'm sorry, but Season 3 of Arrow was disappointing for a variety of reasons. Making Laurel the Black Canary was terrible as I will NEVER take her seriously as someone who can protect the city. Thea becoming Speedy isn't as bad, it will take me a while to warm up to her though. Ra's al Ghul had the potential to be a great antagonist, but Oliver honestly had nothing against him to begin with when you actually think about it. It was really Malcolm's doing (killing Sara) which brought Ra's into the string of things. A lot whining I do agree and they focused it to much on this whole idea of Oliver and Felicity. Lastly, his back story in Japan was quite boring in comparison to being on the Island and the Boat. With that being said I will not takeaway the greatness of this show as I feel like Season 1 and 2 were amazing. Season 3 was a setback for sure, maybe CW cared more The Flash bringing that show into light. I do feel like Season 4 will get Arrow back on track and has a lot of potential. Overall, this is a great show and would highly recommend it to those people who aren't super fan boys and the read the comics, but still like the idea of Superheroes.
  • diversity in the arrow

Media diversity in the Arrow

I enjoy watching Arrow on the CW network. The reasons I like this show is it has diversity in characters and focuses on one group of people with a few visible minorities amongst them. Unlike some shows that have an all white cast and doesn't reflect our current society the Arrow shows a variety of visible minorities and most of them have important roles in the show. Although I enjoy watching the show I have noticed that most of the characters are middle classed with wealth.

Our society consists of many visible minorities that are not shown in this show. I was wondering if they ever considered having someone that has a disability for example like someone in a wheelchair in their cast to better reflect our current society?

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

• Watching Arrow feels like Sadomasochism

First off, I'll admit I have watched every episode of Arrow, I was vaguely impressed with the show at the start but it seems to have taken a steady plunge towards stupidity.

Overly dramatic plot lines that I have a hard time caring about, characters that get progressively more silly, I'm looking at you Laurel and a seemingly endless attempt to keep the show 'dark and moody'.

It wasn't until Flash started up, which shares its universe with Arrow of course, that I realised what was missing from Arrow. Flash doesn't take itself seriously, its a fun show to watch where as Arrow seems to think its a dramatic, powerful show when in reality it should probably just be axed.

Will I watch next season, probably, as a rule I tend to stick with a show to the end, regardless of how bad it gets *cough* Smallville *cough* but each and every episode makes me literally sigh.