Arrow

Thursday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered Oct 10, 2012 Returning October 12, 2017

Gislef

Arrow Fan Reviews (321)

• Arrow

Please kill Felicity and her mom. Make Arrow back into the dark spirited person he was at first. This unrealistic " you're a good person " shit is killing me. No wonder Batman can kick his ass and other people's when he's inclined to. The writing SUCKS. Every episode Ollie feels Diggle is trying be so righteous. Man kill the enemies and move
  • Not for me

Show for drama queens and kings. Pretty people fucking around. I do believe, our boy Oliver, has only met a few female characters he hasn't fucked, or tried to. And yes, it's a DC superhero show! Or, it tries to be.

If you are a teenage girl, you will love the show, due to pretty people, shirtless men and shit, pointless, repetitive drama writing, or CW show in short,

If you enjoy good writing and normal humans, don't bother. Acting is good, for a Maybelline commercial with a bit of ham, prepare for eye darting on every commercial break.
  • hurt!

news flash guys, seaso 1&2 were the best .now its just repetative and i also hate how the great al sa him always take a beat from evry villain that pops up . and please somebody shut felicity's mouth, noone likes her rumbling or just kill her noone wld mind..

Gosh ,this show is starting to look like the power rangers. yea s05 sucks
  • no no no

this show was somewhat enjoyable now i can't watch it anymore it's boring please cancel this
  • Used to be good, now it's crap

The recent episode where they said that an AR-15 is the same thing as a military M16 during a clearly-scripted gun-control tirade is when I realized this garbage of a show had fully jumped the shark. Seasons 1-3 were good. Now it's just conveniently dropping political "facts" like Curtis saying black people are 3X more likely to die from guns whilst failing to mention that blacks are massively over-represented in committing gun-related crime America. Maybe they should make Curtis a pacifist while they're at it - you know, to show he "really" cares about blacks in America. I wouldn't be surprised if they added an intergalactic bisexual obese genderfluid Bernie Sanders doppelganger from the 7th dimension in the next season who takes out enemies with xis radicalism.

End the show this season. It's over. Not even worth streaming from bootleg sites online.
  • Seriously

Well, I used to like watching this show until they decided to call me stupid for owning an ar15. I guess the writers have never heard of the 2nd amendment and believe that guns, not people, are the problem with high murders right now in our inner cities. Can't we just honestly enjoy an entertaining show without getting political for a change.
  • It has had rough times but it's still such an enjoyable and mostly mature DC TV adaptation

This and Flash are the shows that really brought DC love in me. I have been a fan of this show since it's first season. It took a while to become such a great show for me but It paid off so well. Second half of season 1 was really great and you started to care more about Oliver Queen as The Hood (later, Arrow and lastly Green Arrow) and you started to love other characters such as Felicity, Diggle, Malcolm Merlyn, Laurel, Roy and even Thea, who was annoying in first half of season 1 but it was undertandable why. The flashbacks were interesting, action scenes are brutal, the drama was compelling and story arc ended so well. The love triangle was annoying in season 1 but thankfully, that wasn't focused too much in season 1. Then season 2 started and the show has become one of the best comic book adaptations ever. It was so crowded but still each characters got to shine. Sara's comeback from death paid off beautifully and villains Deathstroke and Brother Blood were such compelling villains of the show and Roy, Diggle, Laurel and Felicity got more screentime to shine. After it's ending, season 2 has become one of the best tv seasons ever imo. Later season 3 really made the show jump the shark so fast. It still had great stuff like Ray as Atom and Nyssa got focused more but the drama went too soap opera-ish and nonsensical. Story revolving around Sara's actual death really dragged the story of this season and it has become such a frustration, Olicity romance really ruined Oliver and Felicity's characterization. Speaking of Oliver, in last couple episodes of season 3, he really learned nothing from keeping secrets from his loved ones and him acting like he actually lost his mind to Ra's al Ghul really derailed his character. Not the mention, he basicly killed his morality that was built so beautifully in season 2. Ra's al Ghul was such a bland villain as well. Season 4 started off promising and pretty interesting, Damien Darhk was so charismatic, Constantine's guest appearence was amazing, Sara was brought back from death and it became less dramatic. Later in it's second half, it repeated same mistakes of season 3. It became soap opera-ish again, Felicity got ruined more and not the mention the character we still loved in season 3 really made dumb and annoying decisions that really annoyed the heck out of me. Thankfully so far season 5 really fixed the mistakes and it saved Oliver's and Felicity's character. The whole keeping secrets faded away. Now the characters started to trust each other again and new additions of the team (Curtis, Rene and Rory) have become good characters and Prometheus is so far a good villain of the show. I still have skeptism over the storylines of this show and season 3 and 4 really made me love this show so less but overall, this is still a pretty good show. It's not so perfect but it's still a pretty enjoyable action show for CW.

Season 1 - 8/10

Season 2 - 10/10

Season 3 - 5/10

Season 4 - 6/10

Season 5 (so far) - 9/10

Grade - 7.5/10

• Hair Trouble

Please put Curtis back in the labs. I was so happy when Thea went "civilian" full time, so I didn't have to watch her awkward fighting. I can't take Curtis and his poorly matched stunt double. Also, please explain who is braiding Curtis's hair on the ride over to fight bad guys.
  • Lost the plot in season 3...

2.5
    Up until S3 Arrow was pretty good. But now, it seems that no one can get killed any more, as there is always a magical way to bring people back to life. Even Oliver can fall at least 100m onto a rock ledge after being stabbed through the heart, and then be revived with a few herbs.

And of course, everyone can now become a master martial artist and expert archer after only a few weeks training. Apparently they haven't heard of things called guns. Essentially, they jumped the shark with both the intro of The Flash and Oliver's magical recovery after his fight with Ra's. Up until that point I liked the show because it was believable, if fanciful. Now it's just silly. For this reason I far prefer Daredevil, but apparently S3 for that is still some time away
  • I can sum up every Arrow episode

Arrow - "Even though I totally need my teams help to stop this threat before it gets out of control I cant risk any of you getting hurt". "Oh, damn I've messed up again, okay guys I need your help now".
  • STOP THE LIBERALS FROM WRITING ANYMORE STORIES

I have enjoyed the show, the action, but I am getting tired of the Arrow team letting evil people live, get locked up, only to return again. STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come up with new villains,and stop bringing the dead back. Watch the evil people kill so many, Star City should be empty by now. You must stop letting the evil live. It's obvious you are a bunch a liberal morons who can't get new ideas. Most fans I speak with have gotten tired of the show. Same ole same ole. STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come up with new villains.
  • Needs new ideas

Season 1-3 were great awesome now season 5 is medioka the ideas not there and Mr fantastic needs to stay in the base that's where he is best. Not out there in the streets

Many other hero's could of been brought into the series with a great new main bad guy with a good story but it seems to rushed and miss mashed

• crossover episodes

The crossover episodes have been automatic, supersonic, hypnotic, funky fresh! and I want more! Loved it! On a separate note, I want to see Oliver and Felicity back together.
  • SPINNING CAMERAS

2.5
    Please stop! The camera spinning around 2 people is overdone. You use it too much and for too long. It is no longer a dramatic effect. It is nauseating.

I don't hear the dialog going on when you're using the vertigo effect. I either tune out waiting for the end of the scene or I fast forward through it. You're not moving the story along.

If you really, really need to use this camera motion again, try going counter-clockwise for a change. I truly hope you never use it again, though.

• slightly above mediocre

Arrow isn't awful but it's like watching a soap opera where each character, especially the Arrow is constantly feeling sorry for themselves and whining and blaming themselves. That whining and feeling sorry is getting really really old. Felicity's character is so predictable, annoying and boring. The Malcolm Merlyn character's relationship with Thea is the same story over andover and over. I dont think I can watch a season 5. Blllaaahhhhh
  • Terrible show

The show is terrible. Another chance at Hollywood trying to make everything politically correct. It's literally a joke. Why do they always have to great shows and throw in all the crap. They are trying to hard for diversity with the gay superhero that has zero training. Or all the women super heroes. We get it you wanna make it diverse. But don't force it.
  • Smh!!

2.5
    The show was great the first 2 maybe 3 seasons. But it was destroyed by the writers. It quickly became a soap opera not just with Oliver and felicity. Everyone became so overly emotional, the only ppl who were within reason 85% of the time was Thea, Lance, and Oliver. Even Diggle kept acting like a little girl. I stopped watching before season 4 even got half way through. The flash is life and I pray to God they don't ruin that either.
  • bad one

Bad bad Bad
  • Disrespectful

I am so pissed off seeing several mistakes being made, first off Guggenheim you are supposed to keep canon characters alive, i loved felicity the 1st two seasons but shes literally becoming a mary sue this show is not a soap opera its supposed to be action, and for the record disrespecting the content shows you dont care for the show or its fans .. hah im definitely not watching this after the crap you pulled on Laurel...
  • Watching S4 Ep21 I realised how bad the show is becoming, the Dhark thing should end soon

Too much episodes and stupid mistakes occurred with Dhark, too much unneeded magic!!! The Arrow is becoming so irritating to watch, please remove stupid Dhark waving hand and killing people, remove the stupid memories of oliver and make the show more realistic and easier to swallow.
  • hopefully they got it!

watching arrow from the beginnig it just got more and more annoying. With Sara Lance going (she is perfect on LoT) the whole show should change name (Olicity) and character (Soap) Hopefully the writers got the massage of disapointed fans and change the way it is going. There are signs! Olicity gone, even a new IT nerd in the cave! I wish they would get rid of Diggel aswell. He constantly missunderstands everything and isn't any usefull. I will continue watching but it goes on that boring, season 5 is not in my schedule.
  • Arrow as a whole

Shows on point so far although the action has slowed down a lot, I'm happy Canary character is gone (Laurel) extremely annoying it's like every other episode she was getting man handled and canary Is a beast n not to many ppl or villains can got toe to toe, they just need to revise that character sorry just my preference. Really would like to see Arrow get back to the take no prisoners kick ass arrow from season 1&2.
  • Shame

Season 1 and Season 2 was way better, it was easy to sympathize with the characters and the plot was more coherent and complex. But now its the opposite; I don't feel much for season 4. This season is just drama filled and involves unnecessary magic, it I just takes away the essence of the show. The oliver and felcity relationship is not working. it not even real. oliver has no real emotion. feliciy is a bright soul. Her and palmer was better together. her and oliver dont match. There is alot of repetivtie lines, lack of solutions, and self-blaming. What makes it more of down pour is the flashback. The flashbacks from season 1 and 2 were more relate-able to the story line, show different aspects in the past lines, and the characters had a look. In season three the flashback are just bland. It barely correlates to the season's tribes and tribulations. Its just continuous and focused on the same thing. The characters looks the same as the present, like what happened to the Oliver from the flashbacks in season 2. I'm still waiting to see how this all ties to the first flashback from the first episode, Oliver as the real green arrow, when he got of the island when he had all that hair and beard. The show is just ok and not awesome, and the flash and arrow timeline is just another topic thats crazy
  • Trainwreck with no hope in sight...

What a mess Arrow has become. I used to sing the praises of this show after the first 2 seasons. I told everyone I could think of that if they weren't watching the show already, they were missing one of the best comic-book adapted TV shows ever. I can't say that any longer. It has simply gotten more and more awful as the last two seasons have gone on. Killing Laurel was a cop out. It's lazy storytelling. Much of the shows failures is because it turned into a soap opera with season 3 well into this season and continues. I said from the very beginning putting Oliver and Felicity together was a mistake and I was right. The flirting aspects of their relationship was quaint but it didn't need to go beyond that. Once they concentrated on those two, everyone else went into the background. What they should have just done is killed all the supporting characters and left those two and called it "The Adventures of Oliver and Felicity" because that's what the show has now become. I'm done with the show after this season. There's a far better show on TV right now and it's called The Flash, which puts more of an emphasis on the action and all the characters.
  • Soap getting worse every episode

After two seasons of fun,dark and action packed drama, Arrow has lost its charm and has become boring, complaining, self-blaming and too much of a soap. Everyone in the show keeps blaming themselves for every little thing and half the dialogues are about this. The parallel past story has become less intriguing and the villian(s) are more irrelevant and the story is based mostly on the 'Brooding Team Arrow'
  • Stop trashing Arrow and stop complaining about it, seriously!!!

Im sick and tired of reading everywhere on social media/internet that they blame Olicity/Felicity for everything that has gone 'wrong' with Arrow. .. bullying Emily because she plays Felicity. GET OVER YOURSELF!!! STOP INSULTING HER AND EVERYBODY ON THE SHOW!!!! Whats wrong with you? Are you like 10 years old?! Seriously, This is a TV SHOW! And they made it perfectly clear that the show is only based on the show and they tried to go with the comics (slighty) in season 1 and that didn't work out. Otherwise why make a tv show, you could just read the comics. PEOPLE, YOU ARE FOCUSSING TO MUCH ON THE COMICS! THIS IS NOT THE COMICS (they said that from the beginning, it's just based on the comics), AND IF YOU DIDN'T REALIZE IT, YOU HAVE BEEN NOT WATCHTING THE SHOW PROPERLY! Nobody is forcing you to watch. Just that the show and story doesn't go your way, or how it goes in the comics.. STOP BLAMING AND TRASHING EVERYTING ON OLICITY!!!!! The same goes for Emily. I for one like Olicity/Felicity, BUT I also like Laurel as Black Canary and I didn't like the last episode where she died although I hope they faked her death or something like that or bring her back. She deserved better, I totally agree on that and she should still be on the show. I get it, I really do, the diehard fans of the comics and that they want to protect the legacy of the Green Arrow and the Lauriver fandom.. I get it, but still who knows what will happen on the show and if they bring Laurel back. But stop blaming and trashing Olicity. Because you know what, even the actors and mostly Emily and writers/producers, they also have feelings. I've been bullied myself and I know how it feels. Maybe the actors etc. can let it go and ignore it mostly, but it still hurts, trust me. And don't forget it's just a tv show. They work hard and long hours and away from their families most of the year to bring us entertainment, because that's what it is! What the show is about and everyone involves Arrow (actors/writers/producers/crew) deserve better then what they got these last weeks! Are you a writer/producer/actor of a tv show? NO!? Then you don't get to judge them or even know why they make hard dicisions. But seriously, stop trashing olicity/felicity and Emily. Because who the hell are you to do that? And it is simply bullying!!!!

Although the first 2 seasons were the strongest, I still like watching Arrow. Can it be less about Olicity and more focus on the other stuff, sure. But it also about the journey of Oliver as the Green Arrow but also his as a person, his growth and like it or not, that includes Felicity. If you paid attention, she is the one he trust the most and confided in over the years, not Laurel, I'm sorry but that is the truth. If you can't see that, then you've been watching the wrong show and only been only focussing on the comics.

So get over yourself Olicity haters. I've seen so much hurt/hate comments between Olicity fans and Lauriver fans but mainly towards the Olicity fandom and I think it's wrong. Respect each others point of views. I like both characters, Laurel and Felicity. And remember, the actors don't write the scripts/stories so don't address your anger towards the actors but keep it to yourself or say it more on a polite manner. And if you don't like Olicity, stop going to their fandom social media accounts and put nasty comments. RESPECT EACH OTHERS OPINIONS!!!! And respect the writers/producers/actors of the show as well. Because who are you to call them names or worse?? Do you know them personally? No! So you HAVE NO right saying all that hurtfull/nasty stuff about them.

I hope season 5 will be as strong as the first 2 seasons, but I'll like and watch it either way because I like Oliver (and Stephen :-) obviously!) and I'm curious how his story continues.
  • A soap opera with an agenda

The first season was good, but even it suffered from the political agenda of the producers. Now all it is, is a soap opera with arrows. I have come to the conclusion that Marvel has snapped up all the decent writers so the DC crowd is left with scripts incapable of being entertaining without cramming u needed political and social discourse down the viewers throat. There's enough of that on CNN.
  • Fans Stop Complaining

I loved the first 3 seasons of arrow. I don't know what everyone is complaining about the show as it goes into the end of season 4. I know some people expects it to be exactly like the comic book characters but come on not every movie is exactly like the book right so not every show will be exactly like the comics. The show is still great nothing has killed it I still enjoy it and others still do too. People just has to except it and they need to know that they are not gonna get what the want the show to be. I'm mad about the death of laurel but that doesn't mean the show isn't good. Besides we gotta admit ARROW is one of the few great show on TV these days. So stop complaining and see what the Show has in store for us as a finely and for next season.
  • My last Epis.

In the comics the Green Arrow stays with the Black Canary and now this is not possible, maybe with Sara but i dont !!! The writers are destroying this fantastic serie.
  • Not as expected.

Before I watch Arrow, I was watching Marvel's Agents of Shield and Marvel's Daredevil.

I decided to watch Arrow cause I love this hero and Black Canary. Now I've watched it until season 4 episode 13 and I have to say I am not impressed.

I've waited to see something that would surprise me and impress me but it's just not there.

Why? Because for me it's just not that good.

I compare this show with Agents of Shield and Marvel's Daredevil and sorry to say this but man..... AOS and Daredevil is so much better. They are truly based on the comic books and legit cool.

Some people might say that comic books and tv shows are different, but sorry to say, Marvel writers did a very badass job on their TV shows and that is because they KEEP sticking to the comic book story.

I know it's not easy to be a writer and write stories like this, but this show might be better if they just follow the comics man.... Black Canary is way cooler in the comics. If they follow the comic plot you guys probably won't hate Laurel like now.

For those of you who's tired of this show.. just watch Marvel's AOS, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. I promise it won't be disappointing.

#nohate