Arrow

Wednesday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Oct 10, 2012 In Season

Gislef

Arrow Fan Reviews (189)

• Big Green Arrow Fan

Fellow fans of Arrow thank you for rallying behind Laurel Lance. Its nice to know that I am not the only one that supports her. She needs all the support she can get thank you. As far as Olicity I am a fan but I am a fan in a brother and sister kind of way. I know they have an affection for each other. I am just not sure its a romantic affection. I don't think that its best any way. Laurel becoming black canary I say yeah! Sarah as black canary I say Boo! The faster they get rid of Sarah the faster Laurel can become black canary and the faster Oliver and Laurel can get back together. I always say that you can mess with the details of the story but the core must remain the same therefore, I think Oliver and Laurel should be together permanently eventually. As far as the over all season for the most part I like it. I will concede that they did make Oliver kind of stupid in season two. I hope in season three they fix that. What is with him giving the company to Isabella Rochev? That was pretty stupid where is that guy brain cells they must be on vacation. It is my hope that in season three Oliver is a lot smarter than he has been in the past two seasons. Not that I did not enjoy the last two sea sons! As far as the flashbacks goes I like them. Oliver was on the island for five years and I think we need to know what made him the person he is . So I think the flashbacks are necessary for the first five years. However, after five years, if the show continues they should get rid of the flashbacks and focus on the present day. I hope Laurel knowing Olivers secret eventually brings them closer. Finally I hope that they do not introduce to much powers in the show because I think that it would take away from Oliver himself.

• see ya

another 2 week break.... see ya
  • Most Frustrating Episode in Television History

Please tell me how much more you guys can humiliate a show's hero????? Arrow [aka Oliver Queen] was tormented, beaten in every way imagination, and for what? So that we might watch the next episode? What happened to giving a little something back? How about some small bit of satisfaction to the audience? A morsel would have been fine. All of them, Arrows entire entourage, torn to shreds in every way outside of cold blooded murder. Oliver needs to get the hell off his high horse and start doing what has to be done, instead of "filling the jails" with people he refuses to kill. Also, I am sick of the ridiculous back story. It's annoying, distracting, unnecessary. Finally, the Arrow's nemesis [Slade] is ridiculously powerful. Hello! No way Arrow can do more than lick his boots. This is ridiculous. Next week better be a quintessential revenge massacre, or I'm outta here.
  • Could be So Awesome

3.5
    I really enjoyed season 1 but the story line for this season is so childish.

A grown man, trapped on an Island and tortured can't understand how Shado ending up getting killed and he blames the wrong person? LAME....

Next, I give last night's episode a go and come on, someone kidnaps you and then as you are able to leave you allow him to reign you in with a secret about your brother? Are people really that stupid?

Oh and how about how stupid they made Oliver, he knows that girl is against him at the company so he gives her temporary control rather than his mother or even Felicity.

They just really write this as if a 10 year old girl stuck in drama land is writing it. This show could be so awesome with a strong story line and Felicity is by far the best actress and role on the show. Sara should get killed off and Felicity should take her place.
  • Arrow

the show so far

• He's the GREEN Arrow, not just a Freakin' Arrow guys!!!!

Is it just me; or is anyone else out there sick and tired of the "Island" back story???? Lose it already!!!! Enough is enough! And, most importantly, when are the producers of this show going to finally start calling Oliver the "Green Arrow" as opposed to just the "Arrow," or the "Hood?" He's NOT Robin Hood, and he's no more the "Arrow," any more than "Superman" is the "Red-Blue DUH! Why do TV producers have to screw up the names of the DC or Marvel heroes, just to prove they can do so? I've been a fan of Arrow since the start of the series, but, seriously, can you not start calling him the "GREEN arrow" any time soon? Or will Barry Allen just be the "Super fast Guy in a Red Suit" instead of "the Flash," and maybe the "Green Lantern" should become the "Guy in a green and black suit with a Coleman Lamp on his Chest?" Maybe "Batman" should become the "Rodent Guy who has wings?" GREEN Arrow, NOT arrow, get it??????
  • An insult to every thinking person out there

Seriously i'm getting tired of lame disguises by superheroes.... Black Canary, for instance, does it mean i can't recognize my own sister through such an excuse for a disguise?? common! WHO'S FOOLING WHO? at least they should make it more believable..... seriously! I can put up with Oliver's excuse for a disguise but if it goes on like this then there is something seriously wrong with the citizen's of Starling City...
  • Oliver Queen

Oliver queen is such a bad-ass.

But I sort of miss it when he used to say: "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CTY!"

Still my favourite TV show.
  • Olcity

Love the show, but come on Olly, fall in love with Felicity already, its such a tease seeing that chemistry!!!
  • Crisp, well paced action adventure

Pays tribute to the DC comics very well. Rich with content from the DC Universe. Season One is a little heavy on romance and family drama, but still delivers a solid punch of exciting action sequences and delightfully evil bad guys. Season 2 gets much better and Oliver's back-story on the island is a great sub-plot that keeps each episode moving along nicely.
  • awesome show

the first year was second is great !!!!!
  • One word

EPIC!!!!!
  • Top Shows

Updated except comics and 1 ep (12-14)
  • New Viewers - Just Hang On!

The first few episodes are a bit rough. You have this weird voice over to deal with, and the story is a little unfocused in the beginning, and Oliver Queen - our main character - is not exactly the most likable guy in history. However, if you stick around, you will not regret it. Once the show finds its footing, it takes off at a run.

Great show, wonderful stunts, amazing choreography, beautiful story, and great characters to latch onto. The only reason why this is not a 10 is because like most 22-episode seasoned series... there is still the odd duck of boredom, but that's just a very tiny disappointment in a bucket of awesome!!
  • Intresting in some POVs

Although it does sound exciting, the show could still do better. Live action superhero shows are not as good as the cartoon ones which is kinda a bit slow paced. Anyway, the actors were OK and the plots were a little subpar, but still watchable.
  • Woosh

Nice show. My only wish would be for it not be so rooted in reality. I've just finished watching season one, and now, upon reading that Flash is going to be in some episodes in season two, I wonder how the writers are going to implement him. Is he going to run real fast, like, faster than anyone else on the show, even faster than Arrow? So fast actually that his friends nicknamed him Flash?

This is what I mean. Stuff reality, and let him zip by so all you see is a red flash.

I have a second wish actually, and that would be: less Dallas and Dynasty, more true drama. But it's OK as it is, just not, like, really, really good.
  • The best TV show ever...

I'm enjoying the show at the moment. Hope that this series will go on for a long time. Wish Arrow cast & producers all the best!!!
  • still in season 1.... like it so far

it's a nice blend of robin hood, green lantern, chuck, white collar.
  • Getting better

It knows where/how to focus on its characters more
  • As DC as it gets...

I like Arrow, this second season so far is as good as the previous one. But it's going in the opposite direction to Marvel's Agents of Shield. Agents of Shield don't feel Marvel enough, Arrow feels too DC. As it is it's going to end up like Smallville, with too much heroes and too little sense.
  • The past better than present?

When I started to watch the show I really didn't like the regular "story from the past" insertions. But sadly, after more and more episodes, those became actually far more interesting that the main story. Then I stopped watching. it really felt that I can just watch any episode in any order and I wouldn't even know if I had seen it or not. It was all so cookie cutter. The main character is not bad, but then it goes pretty down from there.
  • Best Show EVER!!!

Arrow is the best show on television right now. Season 2 just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for Jan. 15
  • Great season 1; puerile season 2

I loved the first season of this show: good action scenes, attractive actors, decent plot, solid production. Alas, after watching a few episodes of season 2 I decided to stop watching it. It really seems that the plot for the second season was written by some immature 12-year old. Too bad.
  • I gave S1 the benefit of the doubt.....

however now I realise that the entire series was written by a bunch of 12 y o during their summer break.

There can be no other explanation for the mind bogglingly inane "plot" that tries to carry this series through.

I thought US TV had something to offer vis a vis The Wire, Sopranos etc but this just adds to the well held view that TV in America is for watching as you chew on your pizza, burger or french fries while awaiting the sport.

Pap is too good a word for this garbage !
  • I like the killing aspect, keep it in the show.

I loved the fact that he was killing the villains in the first season. I hope he makes the distinction between the villains he can let live those that really do need to go. Great show. Tight writing, awesome action and physical fighting scenes. A must watch.
  • The Issue with Laurel Lance

I understand that both fans and not-fans of Laurel Lance seem to have an issue either with her character, the writing of the character, the actress herself (which, in my opinion, is ludicrous as Cassidy has proven herself time and time again), the writers treatment of her, or some just don't like her because she tends to get in the way of something called "Olicity".

Anyhow, I got tired of reading all these negative things about Ms. Lance, such as how her character is utterly boring and useless, a waste of screen-time, and how she should die off the show, or even those fans who are shouting for the writers to start showing that they actually care about Cassidy and her character. Want to know what I think?

Well, if not stop reading now and you won't have to concern yourself with my opinions.

I think Laurel, in her own right, is an interesting character. Not because her plot lines have been fascinating (because let's be honest, there are much more interesting things going on here), though they haven't exactly been shoot-yourself boring either, but because I see a lot of potential.

First off, I am a huge fan of the show in general. I love superheroes, and comic books, and I honestly can't understand why people can't seem to be satisfied with the fact that we finally have a legit comic book show coming to life every Wednesday night. I mean, yeah, it's not perfect but then what in this world is? Anyway, as the loyal fan I am, I feel obligated to follow the twitter feeds, read the reviews, and scour the net for every scrap and bone of a spoiler I can get my greedy little eyes on. (Yeah, I may have a And you want to know what I see? If you don't, you know what to do.

I see writers, producers, and a cast that truly care about their show. And my guess is that they care about Laurel as well because not only is she a part of their show as their leading lady, but she's an iconic superhero. I'm sure that they have high hopes for her just like the rest of us. The difference is that they are the ones with the power of bringing her to life, and you know what? They know it. And seeing that they've done a great job with everyone else so far (for the most part) I'm sure that they have a plan in motion,or at least can find a plan to set in motion, to transform Laurel Lance into the awesome ass-kicking hero she is destined to become in a grounded yet exciting way.

However, there are those out there shaking their heads, saying, "No, no; they've run her character into the ground, there's no Say that to Quentin and Thea you nay-sayers. I'm sure these writers have a pretty good idea of what they're doing.

Now, I'm no writer of the miraculous, ground-breaking, original artist kind, but even I can tell that Laurel has great potential to be written into an awesome Black Canary worthy of the comics. Better even than her own sister, Sara, could ever hope to be. Yeah. I went there.

Seeing that right now Laurel's job is assistant district attorney, she seems to be a bit far-off from becoming a masked vigilante. Though, the way her job's been going for the past few weeks, she probably wouldn't mind abandoning her morals and beliefs to go beat the snot out of some bad guys for awhile, you know to blow off steam. It works for Oliver right? But really look at what has happened in the last episode "State v. Queen", in regards to Laurel. She risked getting fired to warn Moira not to testify, evidence that she's not so far from the other side of the law that Oliver likes to play on as you might think. Then, she lost what should have been a no-brainer trial because Malcolm pulled some strings. Imagine if and when the truth gets out and Laurel is faced with the fact that, not only is the real reason Tommy died still alive, but that he was responsible for the jury's verdict proving that the law she has stood with and fought for, for so long, is fallible. This is a woman who is passionate about justice and eventually she's going to come to the realization that in her world the law isn't enough to get it. And when she realizes this, the only question left will be when does she put on the fishnets?

Also, people are worried that Sara is Laurel's replacement and others even hope she is, claiming that she's pretty much an already full-fledged superhero. Well, if so then that sucks because that would mean that Oliver last season was a full-fledged superhero when in fact he seemed closer to being borderline psychotic. But I don't think this is the case because, well, the writers said so. And until the writers turn on their own words I have faith that they have something up their sleeves. In all honesty, I believe that Sara is in fact going to be used to somehow push Laurel into becoming Black Canary.

I also think it was brilliant to drag Laurel to such a dark place and that they have plans to drag her even further because only then can she be like nearly every other superhero out there and have to rebuild herself into does Ollie put .

They say you can't fully experience joy until you experience suffering. Same goes for justice apparently. And I like it.

Lastly, I wanted to share my thoughts about the romance angle because that seems to be a big thing. I'm not trying to sink any ships or anything; in the fandom world that's utterly impossible; but despite my tomboy attitude and dislike for mushiness I do like a little healthy romance. Everybody wants some love right?

People think that either Sara or Felicity are a better match for Oliver than Laurel is because they know and understand him. However, who said that Laurel was never going to know his secret? I mean yeah, Oliver said that to Tommy in "Home Invasion" but coming from a guy who snapped a dude's neck, because he didn't want anyone to know his secret, then subsequently told half the cast before the end of the season I don't set much store by that. So when Laurel is finally in the know she will not only have known Oliver from the time they were kids but she will see the man he has become placing her on both sides of the spectrum, a position that Felicity can never accomplish. Unless she engages in time-travel, and at this point I'm thinking that nothing is impossible for the amazing Felicity.

Sara, however, is a different story. She probably knew Oliver as a kid as well, though I doubt to the extent that Laurel did, but she does have an understanding of Oliver that Felicity and Laurel probably never will. She's a killer, who's been through hell and she beats up bad guys. In essence, she's female Oliver. So yeah she gets him in ways no one else ever could (other than Slade and Shado). But where's the dynamic in that? Oliver doesn't need someone he's constantly going to look at and feel an overwhelming sense of guilt. They work as friends and even partners for now but I think it's best for everyone if they keep their relationship platonic. So that leaves Laurel, who at the moment, is in no position to be in a healthy relationship with anyone. Heck! Neither is Oliver. But eventually Laurel will rise out of the ashes, hopefully as Black Canary, and when she does she will have a much better understanding of Oliver and will be able to reconnect to him in an entirely different way leading both to become greater heroes and maybe even lovers (if that's what you're into).

So in short the only real issue with Laurel Lance is that her story isn't over and, in fact, has barely begun. So if you're in all a rage over her character, take a chill pill, relax and just enjoy the show.

• Best Superhero show there is...

wonderful i have watched it since season 1 and it's is both flashbacks to see what actually happened to Oliver in that island and it still continues to this day, really now there is flash and ra's al ghul it's getting better
  • Addicted to this show

I just LOVE this show. The story... I can't stop watching it. Marvel Agents of watching that too. But, sorry to say, it doesn't compare. Arrow is way better.
  • This Show is just Amazing

Can't believe that Marvel Fan-boys are so hurt that they come to Arrow's page and post bad reviews just cuz their so favorite AOS can't compete to the quality of Arrow. Arrow has a 1000 times better storyline, 1000 times better cast and I am sick of people comparing Arrow to Smallville. Clarke Kent never killed a single human being but on the other hand Oliver kills. Only reason Agents of Shield is still airing is because of Avengers' success. Please don't rate this show so bad just because Agents of Shield SUCKS!
  • Arrow in the knee

Funny thing is - If you'd cut out everything BUT the flashbacks you would actually have a pretty interesting show. The way it is now - meh.

This show's biggest problem is that it takes itself way, way too seriously. The writers should take some notes from Marvel's AoS, instead of Smallville (a show that will be remembered for ... nothing really)

It is ok for a certain kind of TV-show to touch serious subjects like 1%ers or vigilantism - not this one. This show is shallow, and that is fine. A ridiculously handsome cast, laughable character motivations and story that makes it clear, it wants to appeal to as many as possible while offending noone - I am okay with all that.

But then please lighten up. Make Oliver less brooding, have fun with the premise. Oliver Queen is no Bruce Wayne and we are NOT in Gotham City.