Arrow

Year's End

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Dec 12, 2012 on The CW

• Excellent show!

I absolutely love this show. It's managing to be dark without going the "nothing can ever be good" route. There's hope in this story. The way the show is filmed, the music and the whole atmosphere is spot on. I cannot wait to own this on Blu-Ray eventually. Having to do without an episode until January though is a killer! By the way, Willa Holland is absolutely gorgeous and she must stay in the show forever or I'll stop watching... hear that CW? Those are my terms!! ; p

This episode in particular had a well-paced story with plenty of action but Oliver is still attempting to bridge the gaps between his new "Arrow" side and the old Oliver people knew, or even an Oliver that he pretends to be now. It's a hard balance it seems. Seeing Oliver rely on Diggle was good as I couldn't imagine him doing this all on his own.

***SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER***

I'm sensing a Norman/Harry Osborne "Green Goblin" thing (see the first Spider-man movie for reference) coming with Malcolm/Tommy as we know Tommy's only role is to become the real Merlyn. That's very obvious and they are playing the "Lex & Clark" friendship with the woman inbetween game as well. I look forward to seeing how they do this without it being as naff as Spider-man.
CW