Arthur Forums

Weekdays 12:00 AM on PBSIn Season

D.w.

Raccoon1459

[21]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 22
    I like her but she can be a brat a lot of times. And if you've seen many episodes of Arthur, you can see why.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LeeAnnWebster

[22]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 1
    D.W. is an example of an intelligent little girl that is terribly mean spirited, self centered, and has no empathy.

What is REALLY disturbing is that her parents are never shown attempting to train her or correct her. She is allowed to run roughshod over everyone around her without parental intervention. It happens time and time again.

Her brother is expected to just take the abuse. This is a terrible example. As a parent, I've been disturbed at how MUCH abuse she gets to heap on her brother with impunity. When Arthur FINALLY explodes and hits her in the arm, everyon . . . absolutely everyone, comes down on him like a ton of bricks. Where were his parents when she dumped his paint, spoiled his wet paint on the model, or STOLE his model and threw it out the window. When Arthur defends himself . . . his parents just blow him off and say they will deal with that. Why, exactly, do we NEVER see them actually dealing with D.W.

She is is a nasty bossy abusive little girl, a tiny bully in a pink dress. How exactly could anyone live in the same house, expected to just absorb all that malice, with no support at all, and not build up enormous stress.

Are Arthur's parents providing a safe environment for Arthur?

Expecting the bullied children to just absorb abuse without any hope of justice or understanding is just AWFUL. Frankly, I'd like to see D.W. disciplined. What about her being required to be with a parent at all times for a week with her EVERY word and action micromanaged. What about a good old fashioned TIME OUT. What about having her toys all taken away until her behavior changes. At the very LEAST she needs to be CONSTANTLY corrected. Baaah!

My kids LOVE to hate her. From my point of view (as a mother) she's a good example of a NASTY child.

Raccoon1459

[23]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 22
    I would like her even more if she didn't complain about her snowball so much.

ShrinkinViolet

[24]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 11

I absolutely HATE DW. She can be funny sometimes, sure. But most of the time, she is SUCH a brat. Her parents hardly punnish her, and she cries if she doesn't get what she wants (Need an example? Look at "Cast Away" for proof).

agent_0042

[25]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 66
    When she's written properly, she's the best character on the show. When she's not written properly, she's awful.