Arthur Forums

Daily 4:00 PM on PBSIn Season

George

agent_0042

[21]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 66
    Because they saddled him with lame material, like that stupid dummy. If they would just drop the dummy nonsense for good and give him some better plot threads, he could really be a strong character.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Roabe

[22]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 3
    You've got a point. George's episodes would improve greatly if they just got rid of Wally. That thing just turns a potentially good episode into crap.  Still, his episodes tend to always go the same direction: George having to deal with being a social outcast and trying to fit in.  That plot has already been done with other characters like Arthur and Fern, so why does it have to be done again?  Lazy writing?
    Muffy's another character who's one of my favorites.  I think she has a lot of potential, but again the people that write the show tend to laze off when it comes to developing her personality.  Especially in the newer episodes.

I just thought of weird idea: how about a George/Muffy episode?  It would be an interesting one to pull off, but it would be difficult to find a reason to involve them both.

telvisnostic

[23]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 52

I would like to see some development on The Tough Customers.  We've seen Binky's life and a little bit of Molly, but none of teh others much.  They need to be developed more.

I also agree that without Wally, George's character wouuld be great.

gengar09876

[24]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 2
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Because they saddled him with lame material, like that stupid dummy. If they would just drop the dummy nonsense for good and give him some better plot threads, he could really be a strong character.

I couldn't agree more.

Wally just made George a way lamer character whom you couldn't take seriously.

Every time George appears, he's either with the annoying dummy, or being "backed" in some way (usually by Binky). The writers don't exactly give us much to look forward to concerning George.