TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Arthur Forums

Daily 4:00 PM on PBSIn Season

has anyone else noticed this?

GabeRuth2

[1]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 7

I just figured out that apart from school,that almosteverywhereArthur and his friends go, there's never an adult with them!!!I could understand something like this if they were like teenagers but they're just kids!In real life parents don't let theirteenagers go out in public without in adult supervision!Much less their 9 year old kid!It's alomost like the parents don't care where they are or what they're doing!Has anyone else noticed this too?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

idontwatchtv99

[2]Nov 22, 2007
    • level: 5
    Because the show focuses on the main interactions among the main characters -- the kids.

Veronica_Lodge

[3]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 10
    i've noticed that too. i believe it's cuz Marc Brown is about in his fifties, i'm guessing, (maybe i'm wrong) and when he was little, little kids roamed free. i know that when my dad was little, he didn't go everywhere with his parents. his mom kicked him out, locked the door, and told him to 'go be a kid'. so i don't know but that's what i think the case is. but then again, this is the 21st century and that doesn't happen anymore, but if the kids couldn't be off by themselves, there'd be no show. so yeah... but good point.

idontwatchtv99

[4]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 5

Veronica_Lodge wrote:
    i've noticed that too. i believe it's cuz Marc Brown is about in his fifties, i'm guessing, (maybe i'm wrong) and when he was little, little kids roamed free. i know that when my dad was little, he didn't go everywhere with his parents. his mom kicked him out, locked the door, and told him to 'go be a kid'. so i don't know but that's what i think the case is. but then again, this is the 21st century and that doesn't happen anymore, but if the kids couldn't be off by themselves, there'd be no show. so yeah... but good point.

I'm pretty sure he passed away.

Roabe

[5]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 3
    Who? Marc Brown?

Because no, he didn't pass away.

agent_0042

[6]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 66
    Most certainly not. He remains an executive producer of the show, as well as a continued author, having most recently collaborated on The Gulps with Rosemary Wells, another celebrated author/illustrator whose works have been transferred to television.

Mdavids15

[7]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 4

Most childrens shows are like that where the kids basically roam free. It's mostly because its focused on them and not the adults as much, and the shows would get too endlessandboring if Arthur had to ask his mom everytime to go somewhere and she had to gowith.

BTW, Marc Brown is still alive.