well yeah, it is a kids show BUT not really for the PBS kids viewers. More like a disney channel show. Here's some evidence:
1. didn't some PBS shows says that saying "stupid" or "shut up" was a bad thing to say? well, the characters usually say it and they also say other "not bad but bad" words, like moron or something like that.
2. if kissing is gross to the kids, then how come there were some moments of "kissing on the lips"? for exampleeven though he was dared)buster kissed francine on the lips.
3. u no that episode when arthur and the gang signed up for the make ur own show contest? well, some of their storys had parody characters from ADULT shows, like bevis and butthead, south park, and i think home movies.
4. there were also some moments where there was "teen moments", like peer pressure, teen shows, and rumors(well, i think)
5. and we didn't forgot the "swearing" episode, even though it was censoreed
so yeah,(sarcastly) it really IS a PBS show.