Arthur Forums

Weekdays 12:00 AM on PBSIn Season

kids show, huh

sunny72793

[1]Oct 9, 2007
    • level: 7

well yeah, it is a kids show BUT not really for the PBS kids viewers. More like a disney channel show. Here's some evidence:

1. didn't some PBS shows says that saying "stupid" or "shut up" was a bad thing to say? well, the characters usually say it and they also say other "not bad but bad" words, like moron or something like that.

2. if kissing is gross to the kids, then how come there were some moments of "kissing on the lips"? for exampleeven though he was dared)buster kissed francine on the lips.

3. u no that episode when arthur and the gang signed up for the make ur own show contest? well, some of their storys had parody characters from ADULT shows, like bevis and butthead, south park, and i think home movies.

4. there were also some moments where there was "teen moments", like peer pressure, teen shows, and rumors(well, i think)

5. and we didn't forgot the "swearing" episode, even though it was censoreed

so yeah,(sarcastly) it really IS a PBS show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LexClarkaresexy

[2]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 15
    I know what you mean. I am 18 years old and I still love this show!!! But the facts that you brought up are really good ones. When I was little I thought kissing was sooo gross. But witht he whole peer pressure thing I don't think that is a teen issue, peer pressure could be for anything and so i think it is something important for little kids to understand. but I don't think I would consider this show a little kids show more of a show for older kids like maybe starting at 8 or 9 but not for younger kids though.

taker65

[3]Oct 20, 2007
    • level: 54
    How about the episode when Arthur cuts his knee and they actually show it. I don't think they're allowed to show bloody injuries on a kids show, also that one episode when D.W gets stiches. They shouldn't show that either. And when Arthur punched D.W. I don't you're supposed to show violence on a kids show either.

higal01

[4]Oct 26, 2007
    • level: 7
    When i was little, I used 2 be so scared of when he cut his knee!! I would turn off the TV or something!! It didnt bother me really when he hit DW, for some reason. Go figure

hkanzi1

[5]Oct 30, 2007
    • level: 5

Yes!! that episode where he cut his knee always gave me chills down my spine! i could never watch that!

D.W. getting stiches is nothing bad, its not like they showed gushing blood everywhere.

pr0udZuTaRiAn

[6]Nov 3, 2007
    • level: 22
    Oh my gosh.

nickel2006

[7]Nov 3, 2007
    • level: 48
    That's what makes it such a great PBS kids show. Its not too censored.

ilovejn

[8]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 9
    What was the episode called when Arthur cut his knee?