Arthur Forums

Daily 4:00 PM on PBSIn Season

Lance Armstrong episodes

jjc92787

[1]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 7

With all that has come out about Lance Armstrong and now the confession to Oprah last night and tonight, will the two episodes that have him playing himself (the episode where Ms. McGrady has cancer and the one where they try to have a bike lane made) and the one that has a made up version of him (Vance Legstrong in "Binky vs Binky") ever be aired again? I know the cancer episode has a special message and Lance has just a minor part in it, but the other two have him/Vance riding and inspiring others to ride and do their best whether they win or lose. He's lost all integrity and is no longer a role model by any means. The target audience likely won't know the story or even who he is, but older fans and parents watching with their children will.

So, do you think these episodes will continue to air as normal from time to time, never air again, or air with Lance's parts and mentions edited out? The "Binky vs Binky" episode is scheduled to air on January 30, so that'll be the first of the 3 to see what PBS does.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 22

After everything that's happened, I think they'll take those episodes off the air at some point. Lance Armstrong is finished.

telvisnostic

[3]Jan 18, 2013
    • level: 52

I think they'll still air it.

Raccoon1459

[4]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 22

Binky vs. Binky was on my local PBS network today, which means they have no desire to remove Lance Armstrong-related episodes at the moment.

Edited on 01/30/2013 7:06pm

skbrettbug

[5]Sep 7, 2013
    • level: 19
    I believe they are still airing.