Arthur Forums

Daily 4:00 PM on PBSIn Season

New episodes

skbrettbug

[101]Nov 9, 2013
    • level: 20
    And it definitely will be exciting Monday, although the new episodes are definitely not as good as the older ones
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[102]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 22
    Opposites Distract was pretty good.

thebestofall007

[103]Apr 6, 2014
    • level: 4

Who-the-f-cares-about-the-new-episodes!

(I'd rather them not make any more.)

PBS/9 Story can keep those abominations and stick 'em where the sun doesn't shine. We're not missing anything not watching seasons 16-present, as they do nothing new (except Molly's backstory in Last Tough Customer, which was very touching), but with garbage animation, bad voice work, bad character development, the same recycled plots we can watch in the older episodes in a more rounded package, and bad story lines that contradict the older ones. Whenever they try do do something "new", it's nonsensical and convoluted to boot and the plots make ANSOLUTELY NO SENSE. Viewers of all ages in the neighbourhood I live in whom I have talked to echo the same thing about this show. I hate to sound crass, but this show needs to retire to be honest, as run its course and run out of ideas (which it has a while ago, but more now than ever), and all producers want to use it for now is a cash cow they can milk for every dime to exploit the show while episode rot sets in. Although I DON'T blame producers for ignoring those who get hateful, irate or belligerent (and I do NOT condone anyone doing such for that reason), I also don't blame viewers one iota when the writing on the walls reeks of producers being only concerned about deadlines, dollar signs, and quotas, and just getting the product out the door while the show rots, despite the public's feedback and generous donations. It's getting to be as bad as what Nickelodeon is doing with SpongeBob SquarePants, where it now serves the purpose of just keeping production and staff employed and the money flowing into sponsors' pockets.

I'm keeping the pre-9 story episodes (except "Arthur's Missing Pal") on my hard drive and adding them to my growing DVD collection of many cartoons I have gathered over the years to pass onto any kids I may have in the future (or any I babysit). I'm also learning ToonBoom and other animation software to do away with the flash trash on good episodes like "the last tough customer" someday. I wouldn't be keeping them in children's behalf if I "hated" Artie and had no concern for them, but at the same time, I will NOT come up here all maudlin to give the show a belly rub to appeal to that ignorant "be glad it's still on" line of bullshit the stupid lemmings bark, all while at the same time watching the episodes get worse on all fronts with cognitive dissonance, especially on the public's dime. It's one thing to "outgrow" a cartoon and stop watching it for that reason (but I don't know anyone who has with Artie), but people are leaving it because IT SUCKS NOW IN EVERY WAY and see no point in "getting used to the animation", when all producers want to do is repackage the same plot lines. That "let's be glad it's still on" dodge only goes so far, folks, but there comes a time that after watching season after season decline when viewers say "enough is enough" and are forced to turn it off. That time is now.

Edited on 05/13/2015 6:58am
    Edited 43 total times.

Raccoon1459

[104]Apr 22, 2014
    • level: 22
    After they showed "Pets and Pests", they didn't show the "A Word From us Kids" segment.