Arthur Forums

Weekdays 12:00 AM on PBSIn Season

Prunella's Father

BTHall

[1]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 1

We need to know the whereabouts of (and the real deal with) Prunella's father.

On the Arthur TV show, we've seen Arthur's mother, Arthur's father, Francine's mother, Francine's father, Buster's mother, Buster's father, Muffy's mother, Muffy's father, Brain's mother, Brain's father, Binky's mother, Binky's father, Sue Ellen's mother, Sue Ellen's father, Fern's mother, Fern's father, George's mother, George's father, Jenna's mother, Jenna's father, and Prunella's mother...but not Prunella's father. We didn't see Fern's father until Season 11, but we saw him again in Season 13, and as early as Season 2 Fern's still unseen father was mentioned to have taught her about computers. Prunella's father has never even been mentioned once on the show, although Marina's unseen father has been mentioned to work for a wildlife reserve.

Even in the Arthur books, we can't find any trace of Prunella's parents in the text or illustrations. The only "official" mention of Prunella's parents (yes, her parents, not just her mother) is in the Arthur website game, "You've Got To Be Kidding".

Does Prunella's father travel like Fern's? Are Prunella's parents divorced like Buster's? Is Prunella's father dead? Is Prunella an illegitimate child? Was Prunella conceived artificially? If not, then what is the story behind Prunella's father?

It is about time Prunella and Rubella Deegan's father were revealed to the public.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[2]Jul 1, 2010
    • level: 22
    I don't know if you noticed, but there's a man at the beginning of the episode, Binky Rules who is dancing with Prunella's mom, so it's obviously her father.

BTHall

[3]Jul 1, 2010

That's not Prunella's dad. That's Prunella herself, as an adult, dancing with a boyfriend/husband. Those are the kids themselves, as adults.

Raccoon1459

[4]Jul 2, 2010
    • level: 22

Oh, that's right! I remember that Francine and Muffy were seen there as adults too. My bad!

Edited on 07/12/2010 5:58pm

16ds

[5]Jul 11, 2010
    • level: 7
    I wonder about prunella's father over the years

BTHall

[6]Jul 19, 2010

Cookie Jar Entertainment says Prunella's father is not part of her family or her life, so they never show him.

But WGBH Boston says Prunella's father may be shown more often later, though it doesn't quite fit the story of Arthur right now.

And Marc Brown Studios says they're not sure but we may see him in one of the shows, though they can't remember which offhand. But in Season 14, Season 15, or Season 16?

If we never see Prunella's father, I will rip my heart right out of my ribcage with my bare hands and then throw it on the floor and stomp on it until I die (a la Weird Al Yankovic).