Arthur Forums

Weekdays 12:00 AM on PBSIn Season

Season 12 Announced

agent_0042

[1]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 66
    The details on the new episodes of the show have been released, at least the first five, anyway. Season 12 starts October 6, at least according to the listings I've seen so far. Airings will be once weekly. The episodes are now listed in the guide, or you can see a listing of the episodes and their summary details (note: slightly spoilerish) at a glance here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skellington8

[2]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    The 12th season seems kind of stupid. The writers are obviously running out of ideas. Ever since the tenth season, Arthur's gone downhill. As much as I like Arthur and such and since I am a die hard Arthur fan, watching it since it first started in 1995 and watching every episode more then three times, I think it would be appropriate to end Arthur.

telvisnostic

[3]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 52
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to it.

news4newyorkfan

[4]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    Phew...Well I am glad they are not doing an episode about an Autism child. As an aspie, I would find it offensive, regardless of the story. I don't need to be treated differently.

Roabe

[5]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 3

Didn't they already do a Binky-meets-Lance-Armstrong episode? I could have sworn they did.

And no B-list characters? No Fern? No Muffy? No George?

Edited on 09/16/2008 4:26am

skellington8

[6]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 10

news4newyorkfan wrote:
    Phew...Well I am glad they are not doing an episode about an Autism child. As an aspie, I would find it offensive, regardless of the story. I don't need to be treated differently.

OK, all because I don't like the stories of the 12th season, doesn't mean you should make a negative reference to my other post. Although I am sorry if I offended you or anyone of the kind.

telvisnostic

[7]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 52
    Roabe wrote:
    Didn't they already do a Binky-meets-Lance-Armstrong episode? I could have sworn they did.

And no B-list characters? No Fern? No Muffy? No George?

I believe they did. Wasn't his name Vance Legstrong?

googleguru

[8]Oct 6, 2008
    I'm watching the first episode (Is that Kosher?) and it seems pretty meh to me. Seasons 10-12 just doesn't have the feel that the pre-10 seasons had, though I read the description for part two of the episode (never, never, never) and it looks better. Not great, but better.

I'm still glad to see new episodes of Arthur though!

MrUnderachiever

[9]Oct 9, 2008

I disagree. I fell that, while Season 7 was strong, Season 8 took a huge dip in quality in the second half ("Desk Wars"? WTF?). Season 9 was pretty weak, probably the weakest of the show (along with 6), and Season 10 was pretty good. Season 11 was a return to form of sorts, though it had a big problem of bringing up things that they never brought up before (Brain being held back, Muffy's brother, Fern's dad).

So, anyway, if Season 12 is anything like Season 11 (minus the random stuff they brought up), it should be pretty good.

MrUnderachiever

[10]Oct 9, 2008

Okay, after looking at the episode descriptions, I have a few questions:

1) Isn't the Green Tailed Grebe extinct? So how can Brain be looking for it?

2) Why are we getting two Francine and Buster focus episodes back to back? We don't even get two ARTHUR focus episodes back to back anymore, and it's HIS show.

3) Are they gonna air the second half in May (or in the Spring) like they did with Season 9?

Roabe

[11]Oct 10, 2008
    :
    Season 11 was a return to form of sorts, though it had a big problem of bringing up things that they never brought up before (Brain being held back, Muffy's brother, Fern's dad).

I think it totally makes sense that Brain was held back. It gives an explanation for why he is taller and more mature than the rest of the gang, and why he and Binky have somewhat of a relationship. And there have been a couple of past instances that hinted at Muffy having a brother-- the book "Arthur Goes to Camp" from the 1980's and a scene in the "Arthur's Perfect Christmas" special.

agent_0042

[12]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 66
    :
    Okay, after looking at the episode descriptions, I have a few questions:

1) Isn't the Green Tailed Grebe extinct? So how can Brain be looking for it?

That's what I thought too when I read that episode summary, but apparently it's only highly endangered, not extinct. Maybe it was thought that it was extinct, but it turned out not to be. I've heard of that happening before.

:
    3) Are they gonna air the second half in May (or in the Spring) like they did with Season 9?

Can't say for sure, though that would be my guess.