Arthur Forums

Daily 4:00 PM on PBSIn Season

Serious issues

ohnomaam

[21]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 3
    For the people wanting the show to tackle more adult issues, watch a more adult show! I think the subjects on Arthur are good for little children, and since this show is geared toward them, it works. There are plenty of shows for teens that deal with anorexia, suicide, dating, etc. This is a kids show!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

googleguru

[22]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    biggestlostfan wrote:
    good ideas, but i dont think they could show those on a show like arthur, those are more for preteens, not 3-8 yr olds

it would be cool if they did like "arthur grows up" kinda like rugrats and all grown up. to show the more preteen/teen issues
    Maybe... but I can't see it being the show Arthur was.

McBanka

[23]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 16
    iRuleiPod wrote:
    McBanka wrote:
    agent_0042 wrote:

Religion - "Arthur's Perfect Christmas"

Well, that episode wasn't really dedicated to talking about religion but more of the diversity of it.

An episode I'm still awaiting is an episode to bash those annoying dolls... BRATZ. I hate them and it turns girls starting from the age of 6 into trampy sluts(no offence). Even though there was 1 episode on appearance (D.W wanting to get earings) there should be another dealing with this issue.

But on issues that are possible, episodes on:
    -Vertically challenged people
    -War in the middle east (Common. Practicably ever child in every nation knows about it)
    -Anorexia
    -Sex and sexual abuse
    -Drugs and drug abuse
    -Gangs and organized crime
    -Racism (if that's ever possible with animals)
    -Sexual orientation. (Such as Heterosexuals,homosexuals etc)

Well some of those might feel extreme but I think drugs and drug abuse is the most possible. But all of this stuff does happen in real life at the same time.

No way would Arthur do anything about sex. ITS A CHILDEN'S SHOW!!! Besides, if they do an episode about Bratz, they could (and probably would) get sued.

I don't know. The cartoon "The kids from room 301", managed to get a way with it but they didn't show any nudity. And they wont get sued if they make a parody of it. Like instead of bratz, they could rename it "Spoiledz".

biggestlostfan

[24]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    ohnomaam wrote:
    For the people wanting the show to tackle more adult issues, watch a more adult show! I think the subjects on Arthur are good for little children, and since this show is geared toward them, it works. There are plenty of shows for teens that deal with anorexia, suicide, dating, etc. This is a kids show!

very true, there are many shows that deal with these issues already!

McBanka wrote:
    I don't know. The cartoon "The kids from room 301", managed to get a way with it but they didn't show any nudity. And they wont get sued if they make a parody of it. Like instead of bratz, they could rename it "Spoiledz".

Thats kids from room 402..... but yes i remember that episode

McBanka

[25]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 16
    biggestlostfan wrote:

Thats kids from room 402..... but yes i remember that episode

Thanks. I've been always looking for the real name of the show.