Arthur Forums

Weekdays 12:00 AM on PBSIn Season

Will Arthur Finally Go To HighSchool?

brawllover8

[1]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 1

In the 12th season will Arthur move on to highschool finally or will he be

still in elementary school?

i would like to see arthur go to highschool and experience how life is like there

and for a season finale, have arthur graduate with his friends, then in the DVD for

the 12th season, put a Season finale the making CD in the DVD as an extra with a interview

with all the Cast and Crew about the show and all, but also an extended interview with Marc Brown about

starting the show, how they chose the cast for everybody in the show, etc.

I think the Final season is gonna be the 12th.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PixieQueen32

[2]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    Sounds like a neat idea! But I don't think they'd do that.

brawllover8

[3]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 1

so no arthur in highschool???

thats sucks

PlasmaFlare

[4]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 10

According to Wikipedia, Marc Brown has confirmed that seasons 12 and 13 are in production, and even hinted that there are no plans to end the series within the near future. So, no, season 12 will not be the last.

I doubt there will be a spin-off series about Arthur and his friends attending high school; but I've always hoped they would eventually grow up and move on to middle school, and D.W. would finally attend Lakewood Elementary. I guess it's possible, but I'm not counting on it. . .

hawksie

[5]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    PlasmaFlare wrote:

According to Wikipedia, Marc Brown has confirmed that seasons 12 and 13 are in production, and even hinted that there are no plans to end the series within the near future. So, no, season 12 will not be the last.

I doubt there will be a spin-off series about Arthur and his friends attending high school; but I've always hoped they would eventually grow up and move on to middle school, and D.W. would finally attend Lakewood Elementary. I guess it's possible, but I'm not counting on it. . .

Who knows. Years later we got a Rugrats spin-off with them grown up, and no one was expecting that one. So we still may get one!

walkerdoug

[6]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 23
    It be nice to see him actually go to high school. Its kind of weird to have him stay in the same grade all through the seasons.

lilacouture

[8]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    walkerdoug wrote:
    It be nice to see him actually go to high school. Its kind of weird to have him stay in the same grade all through the seasons.

i totally agree! i have been watching since i was 6 & i'm now 16 so its like "wow i remember the time arthur was older than me." LOL remember that one episode where like the last few seconds showed the gang in the 6th grade wanting to know the results for some contest??

telvisnostic

[9]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 52
    lilacouture wrote:
    walkerdoug wrote:
    i totally agree! i have been watching since i was 6 & i'm now 16 so its like "wow i remember the time arthur was older than me." LOL remember that one episode where like the last few seconds showed the gang in the 6th grade wanting to know the results for some contest??
    I'd like to see them go to middle school first.

nooomsz

[10]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    telvisnostic wrote:
    lilacouture wrote:
    walkerdoug wrote:

Haha, I wouldn't mind seeing them go to 4th grade first

telvisnostic

[11]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 52
    nooomsz wrote:
    telvisnostic wrote:
    lilacouture wrote:
    walkerdoug wrote:
    Haha, I wouldn't mind seeing them go to 4th grade first
    I completely forgot they haven't reached 4th grade yet.

dancingbeatle

[12]Sep 2, 2008
    • level: 45
    Yep, but the kids from south park reached 4th grade.

GolfDude825

[13]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 32
    ya and they will do the south park, by having ratburn follow them to the 4th grade.. hehe and thats the end of the show

3panda94

[14]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 4
    Well, like Bugs Bunny says in Animaniacs, Cartoons never aged.

karategurl96

[15]May 1, 2010
    • level: 2
    hawksie wrote:
    PlasmaFlare wrote:

Who knows. Years later we got a Rugrats spin-off with them grown up, and no one was expecting that one. So we still may get one!

PBS Kids is a very different network than Nickelodeon. X_x The shows are targeted towards kids and pre-teens for the most part, and as a result the shows are usually pretty tame, whereas Nickelodeon usually caters to a pre-teen and teen audience (at the time All Grown Up was released the channel was a lot more kid friendly, but the subject matter of its shows even then greatly differed from PBS Kids') making the plotlines appeal more to the pre-teen/teenage kids.

I doubt PBS Kids would want to air a high-school version of Arthur for many, many reasons. For example, how would they go about relationships? XD I'm sure for fanfics (well, if there are Arthur fanfics in the first place) that'd be fun to write about, but actually on air, it'd be a little creepy. :/ Of course, that's just my opinion.

Raccoon1459

[16]May 3, 2010
    • level: 22

He and his friends will always be in 3rd grade. That's the way it's been for the past 13 or 14 years.