Arthur

Daily 4:00 PM on PBS Premiered Sep 02, 1996 In Season

mysterytipster

Arthur Fan Reviews page 7 of 7

• Arthur once again!

I like Arthur it's a good cartoon. I used to watch it when I was younger, now that I am older it is not entertaining to me like it used to. Obviously age matters when watching this type of shows. It is incredible it has excellent plots and characters. My favorite is Arthur he is very cool, I like the situations he gets involved with. The bunny is pretty cool too. I have many favorite episodes from this show and it must be because they are of high quality! I let the children I take care of watch it because it never dissapoints them!
  • I'm 18 and I still love Arthur

Arthur is defently a guilty pleasure for me. I was one of few high school kids who liked the show. I started watching Arthur when I was 9 and in the fourth grade and now, almost 9 years later, I still tune in. This is a show that people of all ages can enjoy. I really hope they have DVD releases very soon.
  • An oustanding adaption of the book series; fantastic kids' show

At 14 years old, I still enjoy this show. I'm not quite sure, but I have a few theories.

1. The show is aimed at kids, without alienating older viewers. Sure, the morals are sometimes too evident, but the stories are frequently unique and cover a lot of unusual territory for a kids show. There are also frequent in-jokes that only older viewers may get.

2. The characters are all loveable and likeable to some extent - even DW! The cast are all fleshed out, and the voice artists are generally very talented.

3. The humour in the stories is very good. Admittedly the jokes are generally clearly aimed at kids, but they're still funny, and at times the show is as funny as Spongebob Squarepants and Fairly Oddparents, two other 'kid' shows that have considerable adult followings.

So, whichever of the above makes this show appeal to me, one thing's for sure: it remains a personal favourite to this day.
  • PBS gets a show that kids will love to enjoy. Instead of basing their programming on 4 year olds they took a step up the ladder and made their programming for older children.

I used to read this book so I was happy in 1996 when they decided to make Arthur the television program. I hadn't heard of it, till I saw one episode and thought that it was a great show.
    I like the early episodes. The voice of Arthur keeps changing which I don't like. Like for example the previous Arthur's voice was great but the one currently sounds like he's in 1st grade. I mean could they just stick with the same voice. I don't like the Baby Kate and Pal episodes, they aren't that great. The early episodes were awesome because they were based on the book and I think people liked it when they were based on the book rather then Marc Brown totally creating a new episode field. As for the show, I do enjoy most of the episodes. I actually like this show alot for a PBS Show, It's probably one of the best PBS shows. The theme song is addictive and I think this show should get more Daytime Emmy awards, instead of stupid cartoons nobody has heard of. This goes to show you that PBS can come up with shows for adolecent teenagers. However the episodes in the New one's aren't that great.
  • A decent cartoon for ages 5-10

5.5
    Arthur is a decent cartoon. It used to be better, and now its okay. I think that it's a great show for 5-10 year olds, but it used to be a great show for all ages. It needs to get some new episodes in, but overall it is pretty good for a cartoon.
  • A great show...

I like this show because it's simple. Based around animals that act like humans, this show is about a typical kid's life. It's all about the problems that children face, and also it's about true friends. Arthur is a funny show that I recommend you give a try. I give it 9/10.
  • Arthur is a great show, it's about this third grader, taking on challenges in his life, with the help of his friends. But...what is going on? The show completely changed, its not really about Arthur anymore,its more his friends and they're making more cha

I love Arthur!!! I am 13 and still watch it, so do my friends and my math teacher but...it's changing, its really annoying how the editors and writers are changing the series it less about Arthur but more about his friends and his new ones (friends). I love it anyway!
  • Good, but losing its luster.

"Arthur" is one of the few TV shows which I make an effort to watch. Its topics from episode to episode range from serious to realistic to downright hilarious. One of the things that attracted me most were the characters, and the relationships between each one. However, the writing in the newer episodes doesn't have the same oomph as it used to. The plots have become silly to completely impossible, new regular characters kept getting introduced each season-- keep with the characters we know and love from the books! Also, the attitudes of the existing characters have become too cheerful-- one thing I liked about them was the realism of their occasional mean-spiritedness, and it kept the show from being too saccharine and happy-scrappy, like "Barney" or "Dragon Tales", but I fear this show's on its way to becoming just that.
  • Arthur use to be good, but now needs a good fix..

6.6
    The first three seasons of Arthur were execellent in quality of storytelling, animation, and voice-acting. However, the last five seasons(expect for a few episodes in Season Seven) have been poor on all levels. One problem is stuffing a charcter in an ackward situation, instead of basing the storyline from what we knew about the character. For example, "Arthur Weighs In" should have been "Buster Weighs In" because we know Buster is an overeater and it would be more likely for him to gain weight, even if Arthur likes cake, but then again, who doesn't? Also, I've noticed the show it recycling plots over again. Don't be surprised if next season has an episode of the Crosswire's losing their money and are forced to live "plain" for like a split-second.

I wish Joe Fallon would come back. Hirsch made be a veteran but his storylines are pale compared to Fallon!
  • This is an okay show.;)

This show is a very decent show that I watch with my little sister. I can name some of the characters: Arthur, D.W., Mom, Dad, Buster, George, Francine, Muffy, George, Fern, Sue Ellen, and Mr. Ratburn. I knew about this show since I was five and still watch it to this day.
  • 10 year old aardvark named Arthur learns the lessons of life with his friends.

Arthur is a great show for every generation. Doesnt matter how old you are, you can either learn a lesson, or just have fun with the characters. Even if you know the lessons that Marc Brown, creator of Arthur, throws on the table, one can relearn things that they are essential to everyday life. Arthur is a classic.
  • Arthur is a show about an "aardvark" who looks nothing like an aardvark. He looks like a person with hair on his head. Anyway, I'm going to talk about Season 9, the newest season. All of the other seasons are fine, but this one is going downhill fast.

4.9
    Season 9 is the newest season in Arthur. I am a big fan of the first 8 seasons, but I don't like this one. First, I don't like the voice change. Arthur sounds like a girl. His voice is so much higher than everyone elses, even his 4 year old sister! The other reason why I don't like Season 9 is beacause now Pal and Kate are talking! What the hell? Babies and dogs cannot talk! This show usually stays within the realm of "realistic fiction", now it's complete "fantasy". I really hope they don't make any new episodes with Pal and Kate talking, because it bugs the hell out of me.
  • Perfection

I remember being 10 years old and confessing to my best friend that I still liked and watched Arthur.
    Well, its 7 years later and I\\\'m still watching it! This show is great for kids and adults alike. This show had better last another 15 years or more so my kids can watch it.
    I think Arthur appeals to me so much is because a. It\\\'s still pretty funny and a great show to wake up to, b. There is something to be said for memories of dancing around your room to the theme song (which rocks), and c. those animals are really cute. Arthur taught me a lot of stuff and I never even realized I was learning. I spelled \\\"aardvark\\\" wrong for ages, getting the spelling song wrong, but once I learned the right way I never forgot. Watch this show with your kids, you\\\'ll all have a great time

• Everyday when were walking down the street

Artur rocks
    it is the bomb
    My favourite character is francine because she is just like me
    Artur is so cool he always figures out a way to fix things
    and the episodes nether get boring
    ARTHUR ROX
    if he was a real boy l would tottaly dig him
    go artur, Go Artur, Go Artur
  • Arthur the Ardvark, i think thats how you spell it. Well anyways i thik Arthur is the best kids show on PBS Kids you can tell by watching it.It makes you comfortable and cozy while you watch it with your family.I just hope they show new episodes on

The show is about an ardvark who is going through just normal life situations. Him and his friends go into adventures.The show has lots of varubles.The show is trying to show kids goods things and bad things in life and showing you the way out even if theres bad ones.
  • It's a great show but on the path of becoming dull and unoriginal.

Arthur has been on air for over 9 years and still entertains me. I find it the best pbs kids show because it offers a balance of comedy, drama, and morals. In the earlier seasons, the show nailed it all the time by providing a remake of Marc Brown's stories. Eventually the tv writers built upon his work and created more enjoyable episodes thus making the show a hit for time to come. However, it wasn't long before the show ran into problems. Some episodes I thought were just plain bad. Seasons became progressively worse. Character's personalities were out of place. The show became a tool for educational purposes. No doubt there were a few gems along the way and I still watch new episodes of Arthur in hopes that I could enjoy an occasional masterpiece. But for now I will wait and wonder whether the show will sink any further or jump back up.
  • This is probably the best pbs show ever peroid.

This show is awesome. it is cool. and i love it. They should make a spinoff of the show where arthur is in sixth grade and dw is in thrird. then kate would be in preschool. i want to see what kind of see what kind of girl she grows into
  • Animated adaptation of the excellent Marc Brown book series (this show has apparently replaced the books); Shows the adventures of the young inhabitants in Elwood City, particularly that of the Reed family.

This is one of the top five children's shows EVER. I have watched this from the beginning, when I was 8, and continued to enjoy this highly underacknowledged series, even after my 17th birthday.

The series appeal is how it relates to its young viewers. The storylines are never too complex but just enough to where teens (who don't tell their friends) can still love it.

The past few seasons brought stark changes from those in the 90's, touching on current issues such as 9/11, parent fights, and kids with disabilities. Whereas before the creators just did subjects like friendship, or annoying teachers. Personally I enjoyed the previous voice actors more than the current ones (Why does the Brain sound like a girl??).

This is the best series for any parent to watch with their kid.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >