Arthur

Daily 4:00 PM on PBS Premiered Sep 02, 1996 In Season

mysterytipster

Arthur Fan Reviews (192)

• Hell will freeze over before I let the mortician pry this show from my cold, dead, wrinkly hands! He can have season 16-present, though.

This show dominates my hard drive now (nearly 40 gigs for this gem!) as I have every episode in my collection apart from "Arthur's Missing Pal" and season 16-present's recycled-plot flash trash eyesores, of which I've written a separate thorough review of. I also have the two special episodes, too (It's Only Rock n' Roll and Arthur's Perfect Christmas). Season 16 to present is the only gripe I have against this show as of now and season 16 is the ONLY one I GENUINELY HATE with a passion on all fronts (not just the animation, either) and the new seasons after it can go to hell as well (and please don't give me that "be glad it's still on" dodge like a blind lemming fanboy, either, while watching season after season decline with cognitive dissonance!). There are some good episodes in season 16-present here and there like Last Tough Customer, Read and Flumbergast, and Night of the Tibble, but that bad animation is still hard to come to terms with and ruins their potential by not giving life to the story (which is animation's whole purpose in any cartoon unless you like soundtracks or reading books, which are NOT the only things I would want to watch in a cartoon). It's the PUBLIC'S money PBS receives and that's the real reality, and that crappy animation, character development, writing, and all the other issues we are having with the new episodes is a waste of that money, no matter how much or little they spent, folks. It's also a crying shame they ruined Artie's character and turned him into a total douche in the later episodes, and as well as having them just recycle the same plotlines over and over. Moreover, there are not enough good, original episodes to make me want to continue viewing the show from PBS, and I'll pass on season 16-present's garbage.

With that tirade aside...

I LOVED The Busy World of Richard Scarry before this when I had cable TV, and STILL love that beautifully animated, memorable story-filled masterpiece (NOT that "Hooray for Huckle" or "Busytown Mysteries" garbage that came later, either! I'd rather read Richard Scarry's books instead of watching that).

I was a migrant worker who picked cherries and apples in the orchards growing up and moved to areas with no cable TV and had weak reception thanks to the mountains blocking the signals. Luckily, the strongest station was a PBS station and Artie was the next best thing to Richard Scarry and Franklin (and I couldn't have made a better choice!). As I got older, I've come to cherish these gems even more along with Arthur (now that more of them have been cancelled or butchered with that inappropriately used flash trash and CGI animation).

There's something for the whole family, not just for the kids (and since when was it ever just a "kid's" show, people?), and that's what sets it apart from other "kid's" shows! You know you have a GREAT "kids" show when kids can watch it and it doesn't drive older siblings and parents nuts. You know you have a GREAT "kid's" show when you catch older siblings and some adults sneak peaking it ;-) If I had kids of my own or had to babysit them, I wouldn't feel in any way shape or form like I'm watching this gem because "I'm stuck with the kids", and will be passing the season 15 down episodes to my kids from my hard drive and from my DVD collection.

LOL, I'd be asking THEM to play it and would be more than honored to watch it with them.

Adults MAKE "kid's" shows, adults ACT in them, adults PRODUCE them, ADULTS are the biggest SUPPORTERS of them BAR-NONE.

WHY is it an unpardonable sin for adults to ENJOY them??? Why the stigma??

To all those "old" biddies out there who tell us to "grow up", who think we are "abnormal" or "mentally ill" or some other pejorative like that and are dismissive: EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT, get cancer, and take a hike!! You have sucked on one too many of life's lemons and have become sour (and bitter if you also include the peel). You're too "mature" for your own good and just plain snobbish and stuck up.

That's all...
  • The new animators suck!

2.5
    I just watched an episode from season 16 and I had to turn it off. Distance shots looked okay, but close up shots made the characters look computer animated, and they moved in an unrealistic way that is completely unlike the old animation studio. I could take the constantly changing, poorly-cast voices, but this is the last straw for me. The animation looks like the new show Daniel Tiger which destroys the wonderful legacy of Mr. Rogers neighborhood with poor animation.
  • It's not just for kids, it's for the whole family

Few children shows can appeal to everyone of all ages, but Arthur does so in a great manner and is still one of the best kids shows of all time. The series is based on books by Marc Brown, and is about a young aardvark named Arthur as he has adventures and dilemmas with his friends and family. What I love about the show is that even though the show has moral, it has its funny moments in this show as well that can appeal to everyone. I also love that even though the show does harp on the moral a few times in each episode, it is told in such a way that it doesn't feel forced upon on the viewer. The stories are usually about Arthur having a dilemma and he has to figure out how to solve it with help from his friends and family. Sometimes though the episodes focus on the other cast members of the show and their own troubles. Each episode ends with an important life lesson that isn't forced upon viewers. The artwork and animation is great and has gotten better over the years. The characters have great designs to them, the colors are just right, and it has good set designs. I only have three complaints with this show though. One, Arthur's new voice is a little too high and screechy. He sounds like he is going through puberty. Two, the episodes with Pal, Arthur's dog, and Kate, the baby of the family, are completely pointless and seems like a cheap knock off of the Rugrats. I never found them interesting at all. Three, DW annoys the living daylights out of me. Her voice is annoying and loud, she loves to yell and throw temper tantrums when things don't go her way, and she never lets go of stuff like her snowball going away. It was fine the first few times, but it got annoying very fast. I am surprised to see this show still on and I have no problem with it, other than those three complaints. Compare this show to the rest of the so called "kids show hits" like Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and so on, and you will see that they have nothing on Arthur. If you are looking for an educational TV show that can appeal to everyone, then this is the show for you. This isn't just a kids show, it's a fun show for all.
  • Arthur, the amazing show I grew up with is now a bomb.

I love Arthur. I grew up with the show ever since I was little. This show as so fantastic, how could you not love it? But what I am here to talk about is how disgustingly awful the show has come. I am amazed that this show is canceled despite the newer episodes being so crappy! To me, Arthur ended after Season 11. I think it SHOULD have ended after Season 11! Seasons 1-5 are the best! Seasons 6-8 are great too. Seasons 9 and 10 were okay. Season 11 was disappointing. But when I saw Season 12-15 I just gave up! These new seasons are a joke and insult to the show. I nearly cried I was so bad. Your probably thinking "What a salty fanboy!" I am not trying to sound like one but it is true. Now on to the review.

Graphics: 0.5/10

On thing I loved about Arthur was it's artwork and how everything so detailed in the backgrounds. It was like a piece of art. But the graphics in Seasons 12-15 are god awful. Everything is so half-assed and rushed. It's not even funny. Backgrounds look like one solid color. Characters are misproportioned in almost every scene *example* Arthur's head would look too big or he would have chicken legs or even Binky looking skinny in some shots! Shading is very lacking all over. Worst of all, there is so much slowdown whenever they move! The screen just jerks all over the place! It gives me a headache and makes me feel nauseous! Simpsons, Family Guy, Bleach, South Park, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Naruto, and several other cartoons/animes from the 90's or 2000's have gotten better animation. They started out as traditional hand-drawn to digital ink to computer generated animation in HD! So why the hell does Arthur look crapper now? It's no excuse why the animation got crapper. Especially since it's now 2012!

Sound/Music: 1/10

Yuck! The music in the new episodes is completely unfitting in the situations. Like playing bluegrass music while showing someone your stuff? Or playing silly music in a serious scene? Not to mention it sounds like awful. The new voices for Arthur, DW, Brain, and several other characters whose voices have been changed are bad acting to the max! The voices do not go with their personality! Arthur sounds like a girl! Even through his previous voice actor was high pitched, at least it sounded like a boy! DW's voice is even more annoying! She screeches alot and sounds like she has a laryngitis. Brain sounds like a girl just like Arthur and he they made him brick stupid too. Tibble Twins voices are the most annoying! Completely awful. Their previous voice actors weren't this high pitched! Oh my god. I can't believe they would allow this bad voicing to be in any show. This makes 4Kids voice acting look like an Oscar award winning actors.

Storyline: 1/10

Storylines are unoriginal and have been done before. In fact, they even altered previous events in Arthur! They made all the characters brick stupid and made them all forget everything that ever happen in Arthur! Have they even heard of canon? They sure used canon in all the other seasons of Arthur! Some of the new episode stories are so boring. That I feel like breaking the TV in disgust! All I can say is complete laziness for the story.

Fun Factor: 0/10

Arthur was so much fun to watch and entertaining to watch. But these new episodes are so boring and painful to watch that I feel like it is a chore to watch the new episodes. If you see the new episodes from Season 12-15 just avoid it all costs! Bottom line is the show now sucks and it is an insult to my childhood. The End
  • I grew up watching Arthur

I grew up with this show, but only the older episodes I watched years ago appeal to me. The show now just gives me nightmares, like how it's animated in Flash now. that just pisses me off.
  • Perfection

I remember being 10 years old and confessing to my best friend that I still liked and watched Arthur.
    Well, its 7 years later and I\\\'m still watching it! This show is great for kids and adults alike. This show had better last another 15 years or more so my kids can watch it.
    I think Arthur appeals to me so much is because a. It\\\'s still pretty funny and a great show to wake up to, b. There is something to be said for memories of dancing around your room to the theme song (which rocks), and c. those animals are really cute. Arthur taught me a lot of stuff and I never even realized I was learning. I spelled \\\"aardvark\\\" wrong for ages, getting the spelling song wrong, but once I learned the right way I never forgot. Watch this show with your kids, you\\\'ll all have a great time

• Childhood Cartoon

I love this show. It helped me to get through my childhood. It's also funny and very memorable. Arthur was great from season 1 to season 10, then the show went downhill. I hate the new animation, new characters, and their personalities now. I hate the part that Kate and Pal talks and then make other animals talk too. Overall, it's still a funny show, but only the first 10 seasons.
  • I Had To Change The Title Of This Review Because Of Season 16

Arthur was one of the greatest educational shows on the planet, but because of the abysmal computer animation in season 16 I have to lower its score. I also noticed in the later episodes the plots started to get weaker and it wasn't as funny. Maybe one day it can be just as good as it was back in its earlier runs and they get rid of the horrible computer animation. (By the way PBS and other animation studios, just because you make your shows and characters colorful and modern doesn't mean that your shows are automatically good)

• Definitely on my favorite cartoons list.

Arthur stars a kid named, well Arthur, who is an Aardvark, and he goes to school with his friends Buster Baxter, who is a rabbit. There are also other characters like Arthur's tough but still cool 3rd grade teacher, Mr. Ratburn. Also, there are some girls Arthur sometimes hangs around with, and their names are Francine and Muffy. I think this show is great and has nice and lovable characters. Arthur is one cool kid, he also lives with a nice family, he has a little sister that goes by the name of Dora Winnifred, but everybody just calls her D.W. for short. So again this show will always be on my most favorite shows list, as its a very entertaining and classic cartoon show, I used to watch this all the time when I was a kid, and back then I remember some of those episodes, I loved them very much and they, of course, were golden episodes with excellent plots fomr the 1990's. I recommend watching this show to learn some good lessons, as it is a very informative kids show. Its also good to watch for good enjoyment, and to see good plots and characters. I thought Binky was a very funny character to the show. This show is a great animated children's show from the 1990's, its definitely worth watching when you have the time, I believe this show is on the PBS Kids tv station.
  • Would be a 10 if it weren't for Season 16.

First of all, let me just say that I love Arthur. I grew up watching it, and even though I'm 13 now, and way past its target audience, I continue to watch it.

This show was golden up until sometime during Season 15. That's when things started going downhill a bit. It seemed like they were running out of ideas for plots and they just weren't trying as hard. But Season 15 wasn't nearly as bad as the season that's running now. The new episodes are just terrible. The half-assed flash animation looks like total sh*t, the plots are as weak as ever, and it's plain obvious that Arthur and DW are being voiced by the same person due to not differentiating the two voices enough. Not to mention that annoying new character Ladonna who was obviously only brought in to have a plot for the season opener (since the writers clearly aren't giving a f*ck anymore).

I also don't like the way they pair up the new episodes. Usually both episodes will be centered around the same character. It almost seems that Arthur's become a supporting character. I haven't seen any episodes about him lately. They should just rename the show "Arthur's friends who no longer have interesting lives"

I think this show was at its best from 2001-2004. 1997-2000 was great, and 2005-2012 was pretty good. But late 2012-2013 sucks...

• It went downhill

Arthur follows the life of a 3rd grader ardvark and his friends.

Arthur used to be one of the most popular and best PBS kids show. It teaches kids moralistic values and offers advice and education and the show even has a fair amount of humor. The seasons 1-10 episodes were great, the seasons 11-15 episodes were pretty good. Season 16 is poor. The format changed to flash and the episode plots are getting weaker and weaker every episode. I know there are dome cartoons that pulled off flash greatly, but Arthur is the exception, it looks terrible in flash. It seems like everyone is relying on flash for cartoons nowadays. In my opinion, I only like the older episodes of Arthur better, but I'd watch the newest ones over Barney any day. Overall rating: 8.5/10. Season 1-10: 10/10 Season 11-15: 8.4. Season 16-present: 1.5/10
  • I loved this show

This show had good values, was funny, and educational. This show isn't just for kids, adults can watch it too. It went downhill starting with Season 15 and Season 16 is unwatchable now. The animation is awful and the plots are lazy written. This would get a 10 if it wasn't for Seasons 15 and 16.
  • Well it used to be...new ones suck

This show was great when it first started it had relatable storylines, funny characters, and it was one of the only little kid shows my parents could actually stand to watch with me. But now the whole story focuses on one character usually a minor one and the problem is some lame thing every kids show deals with. The new voices are also terrible Arthurs is like a 2 year old girl, I have no idea why they thought it was a good replacement its not even close to what it used to be same with Sue Ellen her voice causes me great agony it's like a screw driver in the ear.
  • Overall history of the show to a little lesson about voice actors.

Marc Brown's classic Arthur stories have been brought to life in an animated series that airs on PBS. The show will be starting its 10th season and is still a child's favorite. Perhaps the over all appeal to children from this show is talking animals or catchy music. Speaking of catchy music the second you hear, "Everyday when you walkin' down the street.." you will be captivated by this highly popular show. Arthur episodes have delt with everything from death to first crushes. Not one topic has not been the plot for each episode and yet every season the brilliant writers over at Cooking Jar (Formally Cinar) keep coming up with more and more classic episodes. This season alone in Arthur the show covered many traits from accepting others even if they are not in your "click" to food allergies. Throughout the years the show has been able to keep up with modern times and technologic advances such as a cordless phone or caller I.D. However, the animators seemlingsly insert these things without the viewer noticing. Due to the shows age and that some characters are voiced by kids parodically new actors are needed to supply the voice for a character because the former (mainly boys) voices have changed. The voice directors try to keep the actors sounding as close as possible as to the originals. An example was the Platinum Edition release of Disney's The Lion King and the new scene "Morning Report" which the original voice actor for Simba had become to old and voice had become to deep to voice the character so the studio looked for a new actor for Simba. The same goes for Arthur. In the 9th season, however there was a big change in the voice of Arthur with the new character. To most the voice was to high and squeaky and was not true to the original Arthur. Throughout the series' run it has earned numerous awards and continues to this day. At the rate the show is going I see no end to it any time soon.:)
  • This was one of my favorite shows growing up,now it's just like what they did to Cyberchase.

I loved educational shows as a kid,and now most of them suck. However,it's sad to say that one of my favorite educational shows growing up,is now stupid. A.K.A Arthur. The show is based on a set of books by Marc Brown. Now,turning books into shows end up in a terrible result,but this actually wasn't bad. The show is about a young aardvark named Arthur,who goes on adventures with his friends and family. Now,this was actually educational. Unlike Dora or Barney,this had morals that weren't forced on us,or no stupid "Ask the audience" thing. This show had lessons like tell the truth,or care about others. The characters were all great,(well not all),but they were funny. There's Arthur,the young typical main character,Buster,his friend who he hangs out with,Franchine,a sports star who wants to be the best,Brain,a smart kid who did a book report on magnets,and Binky,a kid who acts tough in real life,but just like Harold from Hey Arnold,He's a mama's boy. Now,the show was good,until Cookie JarTv took it over,and ruined it. Now,the voice acting sounds horrible. Arthur sounds like he's lost his puberty. Carl is just a useless character. I mean,of course he's got aspergers syndrome,but seriously,was he really needed. But the old seasons had problems too. And those two problems were D.W and Muffy. Muffy is just a generic rich girl who is such a snob (And said haunakah was less important than christmas,and she called Franchine rude for hanging up),while on the other hand,D.W is just a complete spoiled rotter selfish brat who I would never have as a sister. She thinks she's perfect and all that,but she's always throwing tantrums,treats her friends like garbage,and gets away with all the trouble she has caused. For example,in one episode,she learned to swear,and didn't get in trouble because she didn't know what she was saying,and yet her classmates starting cussing. In another episode,she played a CD a thousand times,and when Arthur threatened to break it,he got grounded and they thought he took D.W's cd. And then in the christmas episode,DW through a tantrum because she didn't get what she wanted,but the parents didn't do anything at all. And then,there was the infamous episode where Arthur punches DW because she broke his model airplane that he told her not to touch,and yet he gets grounded,and DW gets a lecture. The dad even told Arthur that when Binky punched him,he said that "Well,that's how DW felt when you hit her". What is with these parents? They can't decline a spoiled 5 year old who doesn't even know what H20 stands for. What idiots. It's just like Megan getting away with pranking Drake and Josh. Overall,with those problems,I used to like this show,now it sucks. Just watch the original episodes

• The sick man of PBS Kids is on oxygen bottles.

As good of a run this show has/had, and as good of a show this is to pass on to kids (as others have stated, and as I would also love to do from my collection as well), I also agree that they need to kibosh this show, as it's really not getting any better and they just continue to recycle the same plotlines - the new ones are lamer then ever as well, and the animation still stinks. Tell me something: if they want to continue to do this, WHY SHOULD WE CONTINUE WATCHING THE NEW SEASONS when we can watch those plotlines in the older episodes but in a better package, where EVERYTHING is better, not just the stoyline, the animation, voices, etc - EVERYTHING? The show is not improving overall, and they just care about getting something out, folks, whether it's good or not, and see the show as a paycheck and a cash cow, and it's plainly obvious they aren't listening to anyone except sponsors, production snobs, and money-hungry bigwigs, despite feedback and donations!

You guys probably thought I was just going to just give this show a one based on the title, didn't ya? I didn't want to go all out and just give this show a one because it's still good in itself and is still a hallmark of my cartoon collection for that reason, but minus the new junk. This would indeed be a ten if it wasn't for season 16-present, hence lucky number seven.
  • Timeless and Fun!

I started watching this when I was quite young. I'll admit that I was *too* young to understand the show, and yet I watched it. Maybe for the excellent art and animation. This show absolutely spawned my love of reading and adoration of books, which is why I have my own mini-home-library.

The characters in Arthur, with the exceptions of D.W. and Muffy, are lovable, relatable, and have realistic and endearing personalities. The colors are excellent, the animation is smooth, and although Arthur's voice actor had to change often as the people voicing him grew up, I never could tell the difference as a kid, and only now do I notice any change - slight as it is. This show has always been a comfort to me, and I watch it quite often even now, at the age of 21. As I say on most of the episodes to eleven-year-olds who claim they "still watch it!", if you were really mature, you'd be able to watch it without your age mattering. Arthur is one of those shows that true fans will never tire of. The characters and situations are mostly believable, and most are likable, too. The music is fun, as well.

My only issue with this show is that D.W. and Muffy both came off as spoiled, selfish, and relentlessly unpunished, even when they did something wrong.

On the whole, though, Arthur is most definitely worth watching - each episode features a lesson in giving, sharing, and basic morals, and some go beyond and teach about right and wrong even in the toughest of situations, facing fears, and growing up. Plus, being animated and colorful, it's just fun!
  • Ah...a show that I loved when I was a kid, and still love today!

Boy, Arthur has been running for quite sometime, but I'm not surprised it's gone on for so long. Arthur's a really cool, clever, realistic, and funny show. It isn't really exciting and it's not as funny as a lot of the other shows I watch, but there's something I love about this show. I think probably because I can relate to so much. It also brings back so many great memories from when I was a child, and I try to watch Arthur as much as I can. There's only been really 1 or 2 episodes from this show I haven't liked, but I don't hate any episodes. Arthur is also a very funny show sometimes, and can really make me life. It also deals with some problems that regular children face, such as sharing a room with their sister, (that goes mostly for me, lol) having a pet who's sick, loosing something or someone you love in death, and numerous other stuff that I've dealt with before. A lot of my friends who watch Athur describe me as a mixture of Francine-because I'm a tomboy-Fern-because I like to write books and read and can be on the shy side-and also Buster because I can be lazy and love to eat. I think my favorite character would have to be Binky, because he can be a bully sometimes, but he can also be really nice, and most of the time he makes really funny jokes. Arthur is truly one of those shows that I don't think I'll ever grow out of, no matter how old I am. I would recommend this show to everyone, cause I think it's a really great series. Grade: 100/100!
  • Arthur is one of the few kid's shows that I still find brilliant.

Great, great show. I was hooked ever since I was little and "Arthur's Eyes" came out. Great episodes, with lots of emotion, humour, and aliens (well, the first two anyway). The characters in Arthur are both easy to relate to and easy to enjoy watching: We all knew a person in our lives who believed in aliens (Buster), was a big fish in a small pond (Brain), was a tough teacher on the outside but a kind person on the inside (Nigel Ratburn), and of course, there's that dad that everyone wants to have (Oliver Frensky). I can't comprehend who wouldn't love this show. It's brilliant in so many ways, and I plan on watching it till I'm 85, at least.
  • Why did I watch that? because I was board. But I fell in love with it! Read more...

I watched it because I was board. But I fell in love with it! I love this show. It is on the childish side of course but it is not to childish for me. Arthur is a boy trying to get through third grade. He has a little annoying sister and her annoying friends real and imaginary. There are (of course) the bullies at school. Also he has his friends to help him get through it. Although sometimes his friends turn on him or they get into a fight. But things always work out in the end. Arthur knows he can count on his friends and family.
  • I don't know what it is about this show...

...but I could easily watch it for ages!! It's bizarre, but I find it really relaxing after a hard day. D.W. does grate, but I guess she reminds me of how much I annoyed (or is it annoy?) my own brothers! It's just a really cute cartoon which just reminds me of primary school AND I appreciate the moral tangles that the kids get into.
    Arthur is just a bit of fun- all the charcaters remind me of someone I know- Brain, Francine, Buster, Binky and Muffy...Don't we ALL know these guys in the real world?! I guess that's what makes it work for me...
    Now if only someone could explain why Arthur's doesn't look like an Aardvark...?
  • Hi, Anybody have Arthur episode Binky Barnes Art Expert Taped ?

Hi, I loooved Arthur episode Binky Barnes Art Expert . I need as a favor a copy of it for my class ? write eferrucci@aol.com
  • One of the best shows for children!

Arthur deals with a lot as a geek who loves to read books. He goes on daily adventures with his friends, his sister is an annoying yet compelling brat to watch, and his parents are warm and friendly characters. A real classic for cartoons for kids, Arthur will never die!
  • One of my all-time faves!!

This show was so much fun to watch when I was little, and it still is today! About a boy named Arthur who goes on daily adventures with his friends and family, and they learn things at the same time. Very original, and very funny, this show is one of the survivors of Pbs Kids, ever since some new shows started rolling in. I hope they make more episodes! Even my dad likes this!! And I still have some of the old episodes on tape. Great show! It Deserves a 10/10! And I would write little, but it has to be at least 100 words! 10/10
  • One of the best kids shows of all time.

A greattransition from book to T.V. The show itself isabout an aardvark with glasses named Arthur, and his pals, as they discover things about friends and growing up. I say,very littleother kid shows blended great morals and lessons with great writing and even witty hilarioushumor. Even adults will find this show fun. There is very little that bring down it's near perfect status. Maybe some stuff in the later seasons, but it's small enough for me to still give this show a 10.

• I love this show.

This show rocks. I've watched for ages & haven't gotten tired of it. This is what a kids show should be like. Teletubbies & Boohbah are corrupting the children everywhere. Arthur & Thomas & Friends are two better shows than those other two. If your child is watching Teletubbies or Boohbah, then make them stop watching them right now before their lives are ruined from mindless dribble. Arthur is better choice.
  • Everyday when were walking down the street

Artur rocks
    it is the bomb
    My favourite character is francine because she is just like me
    Artur is so cool he always figures out a way to fix things
    and the episodes nether get boring
    ARTHUR ROX
    if he was a real boy l would tottaly dig him
    go artur, Go Artur, Go Artur
  • a really good show....

Arthur is one the very few kid shows that actually teach you something. each ep has a very good lesson in it. also, all the characters each have their own unique personality. to me, the show is never repetitive. i hope this show continues for a long time cuz it never gets old. i recommend little kids to watch this instead of the other crappy kids shows that're on tv these days. also, the segment in between each ep('a word from us kids' or somethin like that) is kinda pointless. BTW, Arthur is a great show that the whole family can watch. this concluded my review on "Arthur"
  • "Arthur" is one of the best children's animated series ever created in a long time. Unlike kids cartoons today, Arthur episodes were realistic and entertaining. Many kids could even relate to him and many of the favorite supporting characters.

I watched this show everyday as long I can remember. Each episode dealt with problems and situations other people have everyday. I think this is the reason why I love this show so much. Unlike most children's shows today, each character has his/her own unique personality and flaws. I just hate it when the producers changes Arthur's voice actor every few seasons. I like his first voice actor.
    Besides that it is a great show not just for children but for the whole family. Thank you Marc Brown for giving us a TV show and books that everyone can enjoy.
  • Ah…a classic show that I've loved since I was a little girl.

Wow, Arthur sure has been running for a long time-over a decade-and I've been going with it since its premiere date. Yes, I was only two, but I've watched Arthur ever since the first episode. I loved it when I was a little kid, and I watch the old episodes mainly for the memories. Arthur has many realistic scenarios that are made in an entertaining way so that it's relatable, but fun to watch. To me, the show has just the right amount of humor and originality to make this show enjoyable. Usually, I find these kinds of things boring, but for some reason, Arthur isn't. I'm glad that each of the characters has their own personality, and the producers aren't dependent on stereotypes to create their characters. I think I'm mostly like Fern because she and I are both quiet, and love reading and writing, but I think my favorite character is Binky because he's the funniest one. The show is never repetitive and most of the episodes are completely original. But, even then, I feel this show has gone slightly downhill. I hate their new voices, especially Arthur's, Sue Ellen's, and the Brain's voices. Muffy's, Buster's, Francine's, and Binky's voices haven't changed-yet-thank God. Plus, there's something about the older episodes that are more enjoyable. I don't know if it's because it brings back more memories, but, to me, the new ones are missing something. Still, there have been a lot of new episodes I like: Prunella's special edition, When George met Carl, the Great McGrady, World Girls, Spoiled Rotten, and a few more. But some of them-especially "On this Spot," which is my least favorite episode-have been boring. Even then, Arthur will be another show that I will watch from its start until its end.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7