Arthur

Daily 4:00 PM on PBS Premiered Sep 02, 1996 In Season

mysterytipster

Arthur Fan Reviews (195)

• It's not just for kids, it's for the whole family

Few children shows can appeal to everyone of all ages, but Arthur does so in a great manner and is still one of the best kids shows of all time. The series is based on books by Marc Brown, and is about a young aardvark named Arthur as he has adventures and dilemmas with his friends and family. What I love about the show is that even though the show has moral, it has its funny moments in this show as well that can appeal to everyone. I also love that even though the show does harp on the moral a few times in each episode, it is told in such a way that it doesn't feel forced upon on the viewer. The stories are usually about Arthur having a dilemma and he has to figure out how to solve it with help from his friends and family. Sometimes though the episodes focus on the other cast members of the show and their own troubles. Each episode ends with an important life lesson that isn't forced upon viewers. The artwork and animation is great and has gotten better over the years. The characters have great designs to them, the colors are just right, and it has good set designs. I only have three complaints with this show though. One, Arthur's new voice is a little too high and screechy. He sounds like he is going through puberty. Two, the episodes with Pal, Arthur's dog, and Kate, the baby of the family, are completely pointless and seems like a cheap knock off of the Rugrats. I never found them interesting at all. Three, DW annoys the living daylights out of me. Her voice is annoying and loud, she loves to yell and throw temper tantrums when things don't go her way, and she never lets go of stuff like her snowball going away. It was fine the first few times, but it got annoying very fast. I am surprised to see this show still on and I have no problem with it, other than those three complaints. Compare this show to the rest of the so called "kids show hits" like Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and so on, and you will see that they have nothing on Arthur. If you are looking for an educational TV show that can appeal to everyone, then this is the show for you. This isn't just a kids show, it's a fun show for all.