So Funny I Forgot to Laugh/ The Best Day Ever

Aired Daily 4:00 PM May 10, 2013 on PBS

• As someone who grew up with Arthur, I was shocked

It's not really the animation that's the big problem, because I don't judge a show by animation alone, I judge it by its writing. And this episode was unoriginal and placed so many characters out of character, including Arthur. That's my biggest problem with this episode, Arthur was extremely and I do mean extremely OUT OF CHARACTER! They already tackled the issue of bullying several times in previous episodes, there was no need to make a new one, in addition, WHY WAS ARTHUR THE BULLY? Just what were the writers thinking when they made this episode? Arthur is very out of character, he'd never be that rude. If they wanted to make a character a bully why couldn't it be someone like Muffy, who would be known for making fun of people's clothing? Heck, Francine and Prunella are more likely to do something like this, but not Arthur. With Muffy, Francine, or Prunella being the bully it would be more believable. I mean Arthur and the Brain are usually the voices of reason. Sure, the Brain was ratted out as a report hog, but it slides since he wants an A+ and is known for being a brainy straight A student in school. But Arthur is usually the character that guides us to the moral through reasoning, there's no way he would be acting like this. Also, Sue Ellen was kind a out of character as well, she wouldn't tattle, she would fully reason with Arthur and tell him why she doesn't find it funny anymore. I'd hate to say it but Arthur was right, Sue Ellen was being oversensitive and should have stood firm with Arthur, not tattle.