Arthur

Unfinished / D.W., Bossy Boots

Aired Daily 4:00 PM May 23, 2006 on PBS

• Worth a 10

Unfinished"
    Arthur finds himself the only kid at a "party for old folks." Heading away from the action, he instead becomes engrossed in a book titled 93 Million Miles in a Balloon (a bit like Around the World in 80 Days.) The books last pages are missing, however, leading Arthur on a frantic quest to try to find out the ending.

#100702

"D.W., Bossy Boots"

D.W. rates a "ten" on the boss-o-meter and lately her bossiness is causing her to lose friends. Stating that the problem is with everyone else, D.W. decides that she doesn't need friends anyway.
  • Intriguing episode, especially the first half.

The first half of this episode was about a book Arthur was reading, titled "93,000,000 Miles in a Balloon." As Arthur read the book, viewers followed along in short animated sequences illustrating the story. Even though we only got to see tiny pieces of the book, I was very intrigued by the plotline. It's a shame Arthur couldn't have found the ending... It seems like he could've erased the crayon markings or scratched them off! The second half of the episode follows DW in her troubles with her friends. I did not enjoy this story as much because I felt sorry for her.
  • Average Episode

I think that this episode of Arthus was an average episode. I liked both of the stories but I didn't like the endings to them. The first story was about Arthur finding a book that wasn't finished and was missing the last page. This story was pretty good but I didn't like the ending when we didn't get to see what happened to the two characters in the book. The second story was about D.W. learning how to be nicer to other people and to not boss them around. I liked this story better than the first one but I didn't like the ending when D.W. let everyone go in front of her at the gymnastics place. When D.W.'s friend Emily was on the balance beam she wasn't as good as she was in one of the earlier episodes. It was nice though to see D.W. change.