As The World Turns Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Noelle Beck the new Lily

Adam_Dicy

[1]May 8, 2008
    • level: 89

Noelle Beck looks very beautiful and I'm already liking her, even though I miss Martha Byrne, I think that Noelle will actually work out in the near future.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rubenjay1

[2]May 8, 2008
    • level: 16

shes reeeeeaaalllly hot! but i still miss the old lily. i think she had amazing chemistry with van hansis and plus the two lil girls look more like martha bryne than they do the new lily. ill be interested to see how she interacts with the kids when lily's noteable "maternal instincts" come out, which is often.

yvonneslair

[3]May 8, 2008
    • level: 55
    I think that Noelle was very attractive tonight, but I personally am not feeling her in the role of Lily, not only have they changed Lily's appearence but practically the whole character she was saying things that Lily would never usually say. I'm going to give her a chance to prove herself but it's going to take a long time.

toxic_boy21

[4]May 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    yvonneslair wrote:
    I think that Noelle was very attractive tonight, but I personally am not feeling her in the role of Lily, not only have they changed Lily's appearence but practically the whole character she was saying things that Lily would never usually say. I'm going to give her a chance to prove herself but it's going to take a long time.

I totally agree. I just - overall - DON'T agree with switching actors/ actresses like that. It feels tacky to me.
    They should have creatively written an exit for her character. It just feels so uncomfortable watching another actress play a character you've watched for a year (in my case anyway).

charley28

[5]May 9, 2008
    • level: 66
    I saw her on thursday while I was just clicking through. I was impressed. Granted she's not a Martha Byrne but she is doing a good job so far. i saw in the latest soap opera weekly that ATWT had their fan party, or what ever it is that they do, and she was in attendance. It showed a really good pic of her with Lucinda, Luke and the girls. It also showed some wild ones with Casey.... Oh La la... A

roguele_beau

[6]May 9, 2008
    • level: 31
    I like her, although she is no Martha!

Billie3

[7]May 24, 2008
    • level: 20

I have to admit that I'm having trouble warming up to her. I guess it's just me and my old age and having to adapt to yet another character change on one of my favourite soaps! I really miss Martha Byrne. She was amazing.

But I will give this new actress a chance. Except from what I've seen so far, she seems to lack chemistry with Holden.

roguele_beau

[8]May 25, 2008
    The one thing I like about her is that she is more believable when she does 'devious things' than Martha was.

Hey Billie welcome back! Long time no see

star_kdt

[9]May 26, 2008
    • level: 5

She's no Martha, that's for sure! I've watched this show for a LONG time, and for a while, another woman played Lily, and then Martha returned. I was very happy about that.

Noelle is good and all that, but it's gonna take some getting used to. What irritates me, is that her character suddenly changed. If the writer's weren't going to stay true to her character, they should have just killed her off, for lack of a better term.

Billie3

[10]May 26, 2008
    • level: 20

roguele_beau wrote:
    The one thing I like about her is that she is more believable when she does 'devious things' than Martha was. Hey Billie welcome back! Long time no see

Hi roguele_beau! Thanks! I know, it's been too long. I've been busy with my life (don't you hate when that happens? )

But I'm still watching ATWT and hope to begin posting more!

I'm still struggling to get used to the new Lily. But I know that with time, I will grow to love her.

roguele_beau

[11]May 27, 2008
    Hopefully when she and Holden FINALLY fall back in love she'll get a chance to be a more likeable Lily.

I read an article in Soap opera digest where Beck was interviewed and she said it's been rough following in Martha's footsteps, she said it's all "Martha, Martha, Martha" But she also said fans seem to be warming to her so hopefully it's a good road ahead