As The World Turns

CBS (ended 2010)

david81893

As The World Turns Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• i love as the world turns im a fan off dusty wow what a gay

i love as the world turns sinds i am a kid,whit holden and lily and carly and dusty i love him wow what a gay.we in holland the netherlands we behind the usa off course but for two or trea years we nou allmost in 2006.we have a lot to come with dusty married jennifer the kiss no for the first time haha,i loved the carrecters allso, my englisce is not so good too rite done but i hoop jou no wath i wone see my fafforiet as the world turns for a long time no i think for over 10 years no im loving it
  • As The World Turns is one of the best soaps on TV. I think it gets better every day.

As The World Turns is getting better each day because there is never a dull moment on it these days. I don't like Craig. He's being a real pain. I think that Craig and Emily deserve each other. I wish that Carly would soon wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late for her. I wish she would have stayed with Jack. He is a better man. But he should take the children and not let her have them. She will soon be leaving the show for awhile, because she is going to have a baby. Maybe Simon will soon get what he deserves because his ex is back in town and she will soon bring him down. I don't think Dusty should be in jail. He is only trying to protect Johnny. I don't Craig needs Johnny. He don't really want him anyway. He just doesn't want Dusty to have him. I can't believe that Lucy turned on Dusty like she did. She should be ashamed of herself.
  • This show is absoulutely fabulous! I love it it makes me weep tears of joy!

This show is great! Even though sometimes it gets really dumb....it is still a great show! me and my mom watch it all of the time! Well....everyday! I come home....do my homewrk....then sit down and watch As The World Turns with my mom. I like it because things you dont expect are going to happen! For example, the slasher thing, everybody thought it was maddy...blah blah blah, then wat do you know its Eve, maddy\\\'s sister. Now, everybody wanted it to be JAde. Well, because jade is a byotch. Nobody likes her. Why do they keep her on the show?!?!?! But, my favorite story line of this show so far, was the slasher one. It gave the show an air of mystery and more people started to watch the show I bet! I mean this show is in no comparrason to HANNAH MONTANA (A show on DISNEY CHANNEL) because that show is the best ever! But As The World Turns is pretty good too!
  • Love It!!!! One of my favorite!

As the World Turns is a classic. It all started with the Hughes, then revoled around the Synders, Ryans, and the Munsons. Always is getting better and better. Everybody loves it because it has been on for over 50 years! Thats a milestone for As The World Turns. Reports even say that As The World Turns, is the Number 1 show for Teens, beating teh O.C ,and One Tree Hill! Some of teh bad characters are Cring Montgomery, but his two half sisters Margo and Katie are good girls. Also their is Emily, who got pregnant with Tom Hughes's baby, and almost broke up Tom and Margo. Also their is Barbra Ryan-Munson ,who has three kids with three different fathers. Then, their is Jade. She is a very bad girl. She lied to Lily that she was Rose's daughter, only later to find out that she is Rose's daughter. Also slept with Will twice ,and pretend to be pregnant with his baby, wasn't, but almost ended Will and Gwen's realship. So that is some of what As The World is. Awsome Soap.
  • You'll come for the drama, you'll stay for the characters

7.9
    ATWT is one of the most character-driven dramas on TV today. The history of this show is rich and the subtext behind the dialogue reaches back to 1956, when this show premiered. The Hughes, the Munson's, the Snyders and the Walshes are the dominant families of the show. Yet, all the characters have some connection to each other in a cosmic way. Oakdale is filled with secrets and lies that keep this soapy drama fresh. This ishow is one of the best of its kind still airing.
  • I must confession that watching 'As The World Turns' is a guilty pleasure of mine!

This soap opera is by far one of the best ever created; and its 50th Anniversary is testement to that!

I have been watching this show since i was a little kid, and even though i would get angry because they did something horrible to one of my favourite characters, i have never stopped watching it.

'As The World Turns' is set in a town known as Oakdale, where respectable families in society live...but they are humans and are prone to making mistakes like most people.

The show protrays everyday issues facing families and it is as close to reality as it gets.
    However, except for the occasional promiscuity and adulterous behaviour of one or more characters...who can't help it, since the show is basically confined to the town of Oakdale ( and its limited supply of citizens!).

Put aside these road bumps, the show is great....it has great romance and passionate love stories, that tell of a tale where love conquers all and that 'all is fair' in Love & War!
  • As The World Turns is a soap opera on CBS, which celebrated it\'s 50th anniversary in April of 2006. The show focuses on the citizens in the fictional town of Oakdale, Illinois.

Lately, As The World Turns has become the best soap opera on daytime television. It manages to take somewhat far-fetched storylines and make them seem real, as if it could happen to anyone. You get lost in the show because the writing is superb, and you want to identify with these characters. The show focuses on the core families of today such as Holden, Lily, and Luke Snyder, Barbara and Paul Ryan, Gwen and Will Munson, Carly and Jack Snyder, Mike and Katie Kasnoff, and Tom and Margo Hughes. The show is good at letting everybody have their part, with the new up-and-coming stars of the show but letting the veterans who have been on the show since it started have plenty of air time also, so the age group that watches varies from people of all ages. As The World Turns is known for taking on controversial storylines and social issues with their main characters. Recently Luke Snyder told his parents he was gay, a ground-breaking step in daytime drama, and the show has also recently brought up a sexual abuse storyline with one of the main characters. However, the show manages to have lighthearted storylines such as characters being trapped on a deserted island (in which laughter and excitement is the main point). I recommend this show for anyone who wants to escape from their day for an hour to see what is going on with the people in Oakdale.
  • how could you not like a show that has givin us people like...Julianne Moore, Meg Ryan, Ming Na, Margaret Colin,Kerr Smith,Parker Posie, I could go on and on..

WOW, this show is amazing, I know not every actor on this show will win an Emmy, but how about actors who are even nominated for Acadamy Awards? I can't imagine why people hate soap operas? They are exactally like real life..REALLY.. I know plenty of people who have cheated on their spouse,cheated on a school test, used drugs, and many other real life situations. Maybe not all at one time, but hey it would be boring if just one of those things happened just one time to these poor folks. I think for the ammount of hours they put in, unlike a movie star, who shows up for her 10 minute close up, that these actors are the best ones in the medium.
  • A classic soap!

7.1
    I watch now for about 8 years as the world turns. I love the soap. It think it is good that they get sometimes now players. That make the show new, and more of this time.

Sometimes it is borring that the get over and over the same problems. The same bad people are coming back or people wo have better there life turning into bad again..

I love it that te soap is for 45 minutes! ! I think that is better then 30 minutes each time.

You don't have to see each episode to follow this show well.
  • Take a gander at the main page ;)

I have watched this show since I was in gradeschool, it is so easy to get addicted to it! Even when they are in a plot slump there are still characters to love, some to hate and some to root for. This show can be complex, rich and just plain funny. I'll probably always love it :D
  • lol soo much drama cant get enough of it !!

this show is completely awesome if youre more into action AND drama than just drama like bold and the beautiful and young and the restless ... this show shows more action like people burning down other peoples houses and people killing other people coz they're stealing their husbands!! its a completely awesoem show if you ask me and id watch this over any other show in teh world!! its gotta be the best soap oprah ive ever seen in my life ... especially luke lol my crush he is beautiful if you ask me.. though i never did like cilia or w/e her name is but will is cute too.. and who couldnt love paul??? lol great show with a lotta cute guys!!
  • The second oldest soap opera, As The World Turns, is the best soap on the air....

I have watched this show for nearly ten years, and basically not missed a day since I have been watching.

I love the Snyder, Hughes, and Stewart families. My favorite characters are Lucinda Walsh, Barbara Ryan, Lily Snyder, and Carly Snyder.

Currently I am enjoying ATWT more than I have in a few years. The baby switching storyline has me very intrested, as does, Luke's recent health crisis, Lucinda's cancer story, and the new characters, Maddie Coleman, and B.J. Greene. Right now ATWT is can't miss television.
  • This show has drama, and storylines that keep you coming back every day to the town of Oakdale to see what’s going to happen next. The characters are addicting, and are played so well! Everyone in this town will do everything to protect the people they

As the World Turns is a great soap opera! I love seeing how all the different families and the different people mix with each other. You can hardly miss an episode considering if you do, two people who used to be best friends, or married, or a happy couple could hate each other and seeing someone else the very next day! That’s what I love about this show! The characters and storylines are so unpredictable, it’s amazing. I can hardly ever guess what will happen next, and when I do, I’m very proud of myself. It is also a great show for discussion since it deals with many hot issues that people have different opinions on, and I love debating about who should end up with whom, or who’s right and who’s wrong on the different issues with my Mom, Sister and Grandma. I’ve tried watching a few soaps (while of course watching this one as well) but none of them have seemed to be quite the same. This is the only daytime drama I can watch because none of the others measure up. I just can’t get enough of it!
  • Great soap.

I like a lot of soaps on the television and I have to say; ATWT is my favorite. It keeps interesting. Lots of people think it's a old-fashioned soap, but I think it is not at all. I've been watching it for a while now, and how more I see it, the more I like it. When I'm on holiday in Austria, the only sender I can see is the one where they send ATWT. I'm always up-to date then ;). ATWT is special, and it keeps intresting. Lots of good actors and hot guys ;) Love it, a 9.2.
  • keeps you interested

I am not a big fan of soap operas but this is a truly nice one. It keeps you interested and is very unpredictable. For about forty years or something this show has been broadcasted worldwide. Imagine a story that interests people for fourty years! We have seen many characters grow up to be the adults they are now. You have to be a serious insider though, to figure out the complicated family connections but once you get it the fun begins!
  • Great Show!!!

As the World Turns first premiered on April 2, 1956, and has been a mainstay on CBS daytime ever since. The premiere family was always the Hughes, and many of the early storylines revolved around their adventures. As times went on, new families joined the scene. As the World Turns is produced by Proctor and Gamble, the same company that produces Guiding Light, the only to have a longer series.
  • When life is boring or stressful, nothing helps more than to yell at the t.v. during a soap opera. ATWT is one of the best because even through the drama, it's a small town and every one is family. Nothing is too bad to be forgiven and forgotten.

Why Why Why do I watch this show?! It's plots are crazy, unrealistic, and sometimes annoying. The answer however is simple. I love it. I have watched it literally all of my life. I know some of the characters on their probably better than I know some of my own family members. And, to tell the truth, when life is boring or stressful, nothing helps more than to yell at the t.v. during a soap opera. ATWT is one of the best because even through the drama, it is a small town and every one is family. Nothing is too bad to be forgiven and forgotten within a couple of storylines. And no matter whether someone just stole another's baby or dumped them for their sister or accused them of murder (falsely or not), the citizens of Oakdale always come together for family events. (Even if they get into a delicous catfight at a funeral.) ATWT is too easy to get hooked on. I dare you to not be an addict.
  • Fabulous show

I love to watch this Show..
    It has been a favorite soap opera of mine for about 5 years now..
    The show is packed full of action, drama, comedy, mystery and intrigue and thats why I love it..
    My favourite characters are Katie, Mike nd Alison..
    I hope to watch the show for a long time..

• Wonderful show!

Since 1956 As the World Turns has been on our televisions. It has been a favorite soap opera of mine for about 15 years now. The storylines, although sometimes I don't like the direction, they are written superbly. I have come to know and love all the characters, old and new. There is so much depth and history in soap operas and viewers remember. The show is packed full of action, drama, comedy, mystery and intrigue.

Irna Phillips sure knew what she was doing when she created ATWT! There is never a dull day in Oakdale! Drop in and watch a few episode, you'll be hooked like me!
1 2 >