TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

As Time Goes By Forums

BBC (ended 2002)

Jean's 'stories'

VerityJackson

[1]Mar 16, 2006
    • level: 28
    I just rewatched 'A Personal Problem' and that just really reinforced that Jean really doesn't do overly well in the fib department!

What are your favorite Jean cover stories?

One I liked was that Lionel was a psychiatrist and then Steven wanted a session with him!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LondonNow

[2]Mar 31, 2006
    • level: 3
    And she also tells Penny and Stephen that Lionel isn't there because he's broken his ankle. Then when Lionel shows up, he has to limp. Jean doesn't think her stories through, which makes for some amusing predicaments.

VerityJackson

[3]May 23, 2006
    • level: 28
    I just caught the first episode, and Jean is telling polite fibs even then! *g*

The7thDoctor

[4]Sep 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    How about when she wanted to talk to Harry, and in hopes of getting him to come over, she invents a story about a prowler, but two uniformed officers arrive instead. Matters are made a bit worse a few episodes later when she's asked to view an "identity parade" (A line-up in American lingo), and she goes because it's her duty to go to try and identify a non-existent prowler.