As Time Goes By Forums

BBC (ended 2002)

New Episodes are being made

benmatt21

[1]Sep 28, 2005
    • level: 47
    The BBC have announced that new episodes are being made to air some time around Christmas in the UK.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RoxieVelma

[2]Oct 18, 2005
    • level: 60
    We're supposed to get two episodes airing in the US in December.

overlordr1

[3]Nov 21, 2005
    • level: 5
    Fantastic! Sophisticated, subtle humor wins for once.

lulu48

[4]Dec 3, 2005
    • level: 3
    I just recently got the entire series from the library..it is a wonderful series..where can i find out about the new episodes..are Geoffrey and Judi going to star in it??
    any information would be appreciated!!!

lulu48

[5]Dec 3, 2005
    where did you read that...i want to make sure that i see them...thanks for any information

LondonNow

[6]Dec 3, 2005
    Hello fellow ATGB fans. I've tried several times to register here without success- until now.

These specials were taped last February. I attended the first taping, along with many other American/online fans. Details, photos, accounts, etc. can be found on Bonnie Rottstin's massive, fantabulous ATGB Tribute website (a must-visit-often site for any ATGB/Judi Dench fan): http://atgbcentral.com
    To get to the info about the February tapings- and prior tapings- click on "the fans" from the main page of the website.

Maryland Public Television was the first to air them (combining the two 45-minute episodes into one episode, with about 8-10 minutes cut out from the UK DVD version) on October 29th. They had Philip Bretherton in the studio for th pledge drive, and I went with several others from the area to help answer phones. It was a lot of fun, and they raised a lot of money from the program. Most PBS stations are airing it in December- check your local listings/PBS website. One the BBC it will be aired as two separate episodes, the first is scheduled for Dec 26th.

Amazon.uk exclusively released the DVD the last week of October. PBS is releasing the American version DVD mid-December and Amazon.com will have it from very early January. My understanding is that the US DVD will have the uncut episodes along with bloopers and behind-the-scenes footage. The UK DVD does not have these but does have an interview with Geoffrey Palmer. It doesn't appear that the US DVD has this interview. Bonnie has posted that she will upload the audio of this interview if indeed it is missing from the US DVD.

These specials are very funny, and I think all ATGB fans will be pleased. Now if we can just get them to make some more...

lulu48

[7]Dec 3, 2005
    thank you LondonNow for that info...what is the name of the dvd..i am going to check with my distributor where i work to see if i can get it here..
    this show is amazing and certainly can go on forver as far as i am concerned..
    i did check my local PBS station for upcoming schedules for ATGB and so far no listings...

LondonNow

[8]Dec 3, 2005
    The DVD is titled As Time Goes By Reunion Specials. PBS has the distribution rights in the US, as far as I know.

You could try emailing your local PBS station, to see if they've purchased the program or have plans to do so.

lulu48

[9]Dec 3, 2005
    LondonNow wrote:
    The DVD is titled As Time Goes By Reunion Specials. PBS has the distribution rights in the US, as far as I know.

You could try emailing your local PBS station, to see if they've purchased the program or have plans to do so.

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

RoxieVelma

[10]Dec 4, 2005
    I do know PBS has the DVD and it has a bunch of special features because I saw it on my PBS channel last night. It's the first time in a long time I've enjoyed Pledge Breaks. I just wish I'd had the money to get it.

VerityJackson

[11]Dec 4, 2005
    • level: 28
    Yes, LondonNow, thanks for the info!

In the North Texas area, where you can get KERA-13, the special(s) will be shown next Sunday, 12/11!

I'm sooo jazzed; a bit of Christmas early!

lulu48

[12]Dec 5, 2005
    RoxieVelma wrote:
    I do know PBS has the DVD and it has a bunch of special features because I saw it on my PBS channel last night. It's the first time in a long time I've enjoyed Pledge Breaks. I just wish I'd had the money to get it.

you are lucky that your PBS station showed the show..mine has no listing..i am going to check with my distributor where i work to hopefully purchase it today...

LondonNow

[13]Dec 5, 2005
    RoxieVelma wrote:

MPT wanted, I think, $90 for the DVD as a pledge premium, which is rather steep. But you can order it from Shop PBS directly for $30 (website site says for shipping by Dec 14th) or you can pre-order it from Amazon.com for $21 (Jan 3rd release), both of which are much more reasonable. And e-bay will probably have it too. I'm planning to get the US DVD too for the extras- the ATGB DVDs have been pretty much devoid of them until series 8 & 9, which has great interviews on it.

lulu48

[14]Dec 5, 2005
    LondonNow wrote:
    RoxieVelma wrote:

MPT wanted, I think, $90 for the DVD as a pledge premium, which is rather steep. But you can order it from Shop PBS directly for $30 (website site says for shipping by Dec 14th) or you can pre-order it from Amazon.com for $21 (Jan 3rd release), both of which are much more reasonable. And e-bay will probably have it too. I'm planning to get the US DVD too for the extras- the ATGB DVDs have been pretty much devoid of them until series 8 & 9, which has great interviews on it.

LondonNow..
    i did check with my distributor and all they have is ATGB "You Must Remember This"...this is not the dvd you are talking about..is it???

LondonNow

[15]Dec 5, 2005
    No. "You Must Remember This" is the 60 minute clip show/retrospective (with bits of new dialogue with Jean and Lionel only- to string the clips together) that followed right after series 9 and is included on the Series 8 & 9 DVD as well as being available separately on DVD. The new special is titled only "The As Time Goes By Reunion Specials".

It looks like we've conversed on IMDB's ATGB board previously. I'm meira.

lulu48

[16]Dec 6, 2005
    Yes we did...thats me!!
    i did try to order the special but all they had was "you must remember this"...but thanks for clearing up the confusion...my distributor said to check back later. but maybe i will check with PBS...

lulu48

[17]Dec 6, 2005
    LondonNow wrote:
    No. "You Must Remember This" is the 60 minute clip show/retrospective (with bits of new dialogue with Jean and Lionel only- to string the clips together) that followed right after series 9 and is included on the Series 8 & 9 DVD as well as being available separately on DVD. The new special is titled only "The As Time Goes By Reunion Specials".

THANKS AGAIN merira....
    I ordered the DVD at PBS and it will be shipped after the release date of the 14th..i really can't wait!!!

RoxieVelma

[18]Dec 13, 2005
    I'll have to wait until someone puts it on eBay and then have to fight for it.

LondonNow

[19]Dec 14, 2005
    I didn't see it on ebay when I checked earlier today, but I'm sure it won't be long. Seems you can find everything under the sun on ebay. Actually, I once got an ATGB script on ebay. It's from series 7, the episode where Penny wants to be Stephen's new receptionist and he tells her she's too old.

lulu48

[20]Dec 15, 2005
    lulu48 wrote:
    LondonNow wrote:

THANKS AGAIN merira....
    I ordered the DVD at PBS and it will be shipped after the release date of the 14th..i really can't wait!!!

received notification from PBS that my dvd is on its way..cost $29.99 plus shipping and handling...very excited to see it..it was however aired on the PBS station here 1:00am-3:00am...