As Told By Ginger Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2009)

Finally! As Told By Ginger: The Complete Series on DVD!

HilltopAuctions

[1]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 2

Hello to all ATBG fans that have been waiting to get the entire series on DVD!

Here is a link to a sale for the entire series on DVD: http://www.ioffer.com/i/AS-TOLD-BY-GINGER-CARTOON-COMPLETE-SERIES-9-DVD-PILOT-62889131

Yes, I know that "gingerlegacy" has these episodes for free at his site, I am actually the original source for most of those episodes, I collected them over the years and sent DVD's to Daan(dustshadow) a couple years ago. I never could get a couple of the episodes though; Ten Chairs and Battle of the Bands. When I saw that Daan finally got them in English, I was so excited! When I tried to download them from his gingerlegacy site, being pretty darn clueless, I couldn't figure it out. I think I need to have some sort of software to download it but I couldn't be bothered. Then I found this set, I talked with the seller back and forth for a while and decided to just buy a set from them. When it arrived, I was pleasently surprised, it is very nicely made. There is a very nicely made cover which comes in a DVD case to go on the shelf with the rest of your collection. The DVD's have professional episode menus and the discs themselves look very professional! Here is a photo of what the set looks like: http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/hilltop-auctions/ATBG_DVD-SERIES.jpg

Enjoy it! ~jeff

P.S. I only come onto this site like twice a month so if you feel like you want to send me an e-mail, please send it directly to hilltopauctions@ymail.com that way I will get it sooner.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HilltopAuctions

[2]Sep 20, 2008
    Hi again, the links that I put in this DVD post need to be copied and pasted into your web browser to see them. They do work though, I just checked. ~jeff

GingerLuver

[3]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 3

Holy crap!
    But, can you upload the image [the one on Photobucket] to Imageshack, please? I can't see Photobucket images.
    Anyway, I might buy from the birthday money I got.

HilltopAuctions

[4]Sep 24, 2008
    Hi, I don't have an image shack account, if you want to e-mail me I can send you the photo. Here is the link again if you want to give it a try again:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/hilltop-auctions/ATBG_DVD-SERIES.jpg

If that doesn't work for you then I will have to e-mail the photo that I have to you.

hilltopauctions@ymail.com Thanks again. ~Jeff

b_natrl88

[5]Sep 29, 2008
    is there anyway you can post these episodes on YouTube? I'm like about to get on my knees and beg!!!

dustShadow

[6]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 6
    I urgently need to find a big mountain, climb it and put a big sign: full episodes on Youtube (or similar) will be removed after a very short time due to a standing order of Viacom (owners of Nickelodeon). Accounts that publish them will be closed after two or three infringements.
    (and now all together ...)

HilltopAuctions

[7]Oct 1, 2008
    Hello again, that link for the DVD set no longer works. Here is a simple way to find an ATBG dvd set; go to www.ioffer.com and in the search box type in "as told by ginger dvd" and you will find a set for sale there.

While you are logged into www.ioffer.com you can search for other dvd sets that you have been looking for! I have found so many sets there, hard to find TV shows, like ATBG. It is cool because unlike eBay, ioffer still allows their sellers to sell bootleg TV-show DVD sets!

b_natrl88

[8]Oct 2, 2008
    dustShadow wrote:
    I urgently need to find a big mountain, climb it and put a big sign: full episodes on Youtube (or similar) will be removed after a very short time due to a standing order of Viacom (owners of Nickelodeon). Accounts that publish them will be closed after two or three infringements.
    (and now all together ...)

And I urgently want to find an even bigger mountain, climb even higher, and put a big sign that says: ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS POST THE EPISODES AND IN THE MORE INFO SECTION PUT "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO VIACOM... I DO NOT OWN THIS VIDEO" how do you think people post disney channel episodes on YouTube??? dang you're acting like it's a big deal, if you were a REAL ATBG fan you would find a way for ALL people to see the "lost episodes" without having to go on your website and downloading crap.

dustShadow

[9]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 6

b_natrl88 wrote:
    And I urgently want to find an even bigger mountain, climb even higher, and put a big sign that says: ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS POST THE EPISODES AND IN THE MORE INFO SECTION PUT "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO VIACOM... I DO NOT OWN THIS VIDEO" how do you think people post disney channel episodes on YouTube???

I know you keep saying saying that, but do you have an official source to back that up? Viacom (that's Nickelodeon) has launched a $1bn lawsuit against Google (who owns Youtube) for copyright infringements. Do you really think they're gonna say now: oh, it's okay, you mentioned our name. Maybe Disney isn't as strict, but Viacom is extremely tight on these issues.

And this is my last post on the subject. I provide a free service because there aren't any DVD's. A lot of people are happy with that and I have the download stats and the mails to prove so. If you're not happy, fine by me, I honestly don't really care.

(off the record note for gingerlegacy.tk visitors: apparently Zshare has gone down, so I have to re-upload a number of episodes which will take some time)

Edited on 10/03/2008 10:21am

b_natrl88

[10]Oct 3, 2008
    dustShadow wrote:

b_natrl88 wrote:
    And I urgently want to find an even bigger mountain, climb even higher, and put a big sign that says: ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS POST THE EPISODES AND IN THE MORE INFO SECTION PUT "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO VIACOM... I DO NOT OWN THIS VIDEO" how do you think people post disney channel episodes on YouTube???

I know you keep saying saying that, but do you have an official source to back that up? Viacom (that's Nickelodeon) has launched a $1bn lawsuit against Google (who owns Youtube) for copyright infringements. Do you really think they're gonna say now: oh, it's okay, you mentioned our name. Maybe Disney isn't as strict, but Viacom is extremely tight on these issues.

And this is my last post on the subject. I provide a free service because there aren't any DVD's. A lot of people are happy with that and I have the download stats and the mails to prove so. If you're not happy, fine by me, I honestly don't really care.

(off the record note for gingerlegacy.tk visitors: apparently Zshare has gone down, so I have to re-upload a number of episodes which will take some time)

i don't need an "official source" to back what I have to say up...it's true because I watch disneychannel shows on YouTube ALL the time. But whatever...you won't be getting any business from me. So have fun with your wack website.

atbg4evs

[11]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    b_natrl88 wrote:
    dustShadow wrote:

b_natrl88 wrote:

i don't need an "official source" to back what I have to say up...it's true because I watch disneychannel shows on YouTube ALL the time. But whatever...you won't be getting any business from me. So have fun with your wack website.
    DustShadow is absolutely right. I put up ATBG videos and have stated that the videos don't belong to me and everything, but I get two removed because of Viacom. Like he said, Disney Channel isn't as strict. Gingerlegacy is the farthest thing from wack! It's truly amazing! Any ATBG fan would agree.

b_natrl88

[12]Oct 14, 2008
    atbg4evs wrote:
    b_natrl88 wrote:
    dustShadow wrote:

b_natrl88 wrote:

DustShadow is absolutely right. I put up ATBG videos and have stated that the videos don't belong to me and everything, but I get two removed because of Viacom. Like he said, Disney Channel isn't as strict. Gingerlegacy is the farthest thing from wack! It's truly amazing! Any ATBG fan would agree.

ok...then answer me this since you guys know everything...how come i can watch full episodes of iCarly on YouTube? Isn't that owned by viacom?

HilltopAuctions

[13]Nov 21, 2008

It's been a while since I checked in but there are many diferent ATBG DVD sets for sale now, the prices are lower now too - ranging from $20 to $30!

Below is a link to these DVD sets. If the link doesn't work, just go to http://www.ioffer.com/ and then punch in "as told by ginger" into the search bar and you will see what is available. The one that sells for $29.99 is the one that I own, he was the first one to sell them before others started in on it. It is a good set with a professional cover and case, plus the discs look very professional too and the quality is a match as well. It's a no-brainer... $20 to $30 for the entire series that all of us have been waiting so long to own! Buy it today and you will be watching "10 Chairs" on Thanksgiving Day! God knows that Nickelodeon won't be playing it!

http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/as+told+by+ginger/text_pics/ioffer/0/false

JuliPonce

[14]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 1
    atbg4evs wrote:
    b_natrl88 wrote:
    dustShadow wrote:

b_natrl88 wrote:

I completely agree with you, Gingerlegacy rox, all episodes there (exept those you see by buying the dvds, im from argentina and is kinda difficult and expensive, grrrr). though i have a question, is it legal to sell dvds with all the entire series although its owned by viacom? i mean, you just cant make money with other's creation, although you are puting some of your work on that (dont miss understand me, is not that i think like that, im just wondering because i was planing to do the same but with the spanish language version of the series). can you recive demands for doing that? Thank you so much, then i'll check out those dvds u show on ur link (hope they still work, 1 year later im posting on this forum xP)

HilltopAuctions

[15]Jun 4, 2014

I can't believe that it has been 7 years since I made this post about the ATBG DVD being sold on iOffer!

Well since then my link is no longer good, so here is a new link to iOffer and all of the ATBG DVD's that are now available through various sellers http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/as+told+by+ginger 7 years ago there was only one seller with the set, now there are around fifteen! Any of the 60-episode sets are the complete series sets which run from the very first episode "Pilot" to the very last episode "The Wedding Frame". They are all pretty reasonably priced-about $20 for the set plus shipping.

More recently, a very cool way to watch ATBG has become available! Yes, I am talking about iTunes! You can purchase the complete series, in 6 different volumes at $10 per volume. So for $60 you can have the entire collection to watch on your computer, ipod, ipad or iphone! The entire series takes up about 16gb so be sure that your device has enough room or you will only be able to save a certain number of episodes at a time. Another great idea is to get the HDMI adapter toconnect your device to your TV and then you can watch ATBG on your TV in very nice quality! Also if you have an Apple TV you can watch ATBG through it and not use your phone.

Any questions you have my email, always happy to help out a fellow fan of ATBG! ~Jeff

Edited on 10/16/2014 6:50am

HilltopAuctions

[16]Oct 18, 2014

Check out Amazon Instant Video (a.k.a. Amazon Prime) for the ENTIRE As Told By Ginger series! Unfortunately, Amazon (just like Itunes) is charging $1.99 per episode. However 2 and 3 part episodes are still $1.99 so that is a bargain! One thing you will notice is that Amazon has mirrored the iTunes ATBG series, which is set up as a 6-Volume set, but Amazon is calling them "Seasons" which is incorrect. So iTunes made up their ownformat for the ATBG series which was dividing it up into 6 Volumes. Amazon SHOULD have just set it up as 4 Seasons, but they mirrored iTunes, and made the mistake of calling the 6 Volumes, 6 Seasons. So be prepared to see 6 Seasons up there, and this is the explaination for that. Looks like Amazon put very little thought and time into offering this series because of this silly mistake.They even stole the Volume 1 through 6 thumbnails from iTunes! But nonetheless it is available to stream to your TV via Roku and any other device that supports the Amazon Instant Video app! I have the app on my iPhone and my Roku box, it may be available on the newer gaming systems but I cannot be sure as I have not checked. You should be able to get Amazon Instant Video it on your PC as well. I have heard (but do not know first hand) that you CANNOT get Amazon Instant Video on Apple TV. Enjoy streaming ATBG to your TV!

Edited on 10/18/2014 10:02pm