As Told By Ginger Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2009)

Ginger,Miranda or Simone

ycow

[1]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 1
    Which girlfriend did you think best suited Darren
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 52

I'd go with Miranda. The only flaw was she hated Ginger.

I'd say simone comes in second.

JuliPonce

[3]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 1
    Im sure Simone best fits to Darren from the last chapters
    of the 3rd season when he becomes a jock...
    Im sure Darren should've becamed gingers' BF
    eraly before, in the 2nd season, i dont know why
    she waited until 3rd season's "far from home"

Tomboy127

[4]Dec 31, 2015
    • level: 10

telvisnostic wrote:

I'd go with Miranda. The only flaw was she hated Ginger.

I'd say simone comes in second.

I agree miranda and Darren were adorable.

IHeartSB

[5]9 days ago
    • level: 13
    To be perfectly honest, I don't think Darren belongs with any of those girls romantically. I preferred him and Ginger as best friends with almost a brother and sister like relationship. As soon as he becomes a jock he becomes a total douche and forever changes his relationship with Ginger for the worst. Miranda is and always will be a manipulator. She only went out with Darren because she got a whiff that since Darren became hot Ginger might be romantically interested in him. Miranda can't let Ginger win at anything. You could also tell that Darren really never liked Miranda even as a friend. As for his relationship with Simone, on the surface she seems like a nice enough girl but in the end she's like all head cheerleaders by going after the best football player on the team. Since Darren is only a freshman and it is hinted that Simone is no less than a Junior, it would make total sense that she wouldn't even have known that Darren and Ginger were dating before being interested in him. Dodie should have told Simone this before trying to become her friend to better her own selfish need to be popular. Simone in a way is an older and way less maniacal version of Miranda. Once Simone realizes that she's the other woman, it makes her take that much more interest in Darren. She even convinces him that it would be a bad idea to see Ginger when she's in the hospital. If she only knew the history Darren and Ginger have and that it goes far beyond a high school romantic relationship, maybe just maybe she would have cared a bit more. However, Darren isn't so innocent in all of this because ever since he made the football team he has pretend as if what he has had with Ginger all of these years never existed. In the early episodes Darren would always go on and on about how much of a selfish vain jerk his brother Will was simply because he was semi good looking and the star of the football team. If Darren was able to take a good look in the mirror he would see that he has become everything he has always hated about his brother. If it isn't a benefit to him, he simply doesn't care anymore. Ginger wasn't fitting into his new lifestyle and Simone was. If Ginger had tried way harder to be the perfect football girlfriend, maybe they would have stayed together longer than they did. Darren was constantly making Ginger put whatever she had going on in her life on hold for a while so she could be there and support him. Ginger ended up forming her own band and Darren couldn't be bothered to be there and support her or come to her band rehearsals and whatnot. This lead Ginger to not even tell Darren when she got Saturday detention and couldn't go to his game. Instead she had Dodie try (and fail) to be her so Darren wouldn't be disappointed. When a relationship is as one sided as theirs was, it is only a matter of time before it ends. For all the horrible things Darren has done ever since getting his head gear off (because he was a way different person when most people thought he was a geek) Darren doesn't deserve a girlfriend at this point. Ginger had every right to cut of all contact with him after he cheated on her. He didn't even give Ginger a chance to explain how she was feeling about the relationship. He just said "It's over and I met someone else and I'm dating her now so yeah bye." I give Ginger a lot of credit for holding back and not punching his lights out. She deserved better than what she got from Darren. All the girls in his life deserve better, even his female friends like Maci and Dodie.