An Atlantis Community
BBC (ended 2015)

THE OVERSEAS CITY OF ATLANTIS NEWS

... BBC America has ordered a second season of Atlantis, the latest show from the creators of Merlin, following a record-setting debut on the network this past weekend. It's a quick pickup for the series, coming after only one episode, but have you seen it? It might be the most easily digestible action-adventure series on television today, and it even features Mark Addy as Hercules! And despite its name, the series does not take place underwater. Atlantis airs Saturdays at 9pm. [BBC America via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... All you Glee fans out there are about to get a little lesson in the democratic process. To celebrate the upcoming 100th episode of the teen singalong comedy-drama, Fox is asking fans to vote for their 10 favorite covers that the show has done in the past, with the winners getting remixed and sung by the current cast in the milestone episode, which is set to air March 18. To cast your vote, go to this "Gleeks Choice" website. This has nothing to do with the possibility of a new Glee Greatest Hits Remix album that Fox could profit off of, by the way. Nothing at all. [Fox via press release]

... Hey look! Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't a disaster after all. Following worrisome slumping ratings after a bonkers start, the numbers for the last two episodes have slowly increased, hitting a 2.4 last week and a 2.5 last night after bottoming out with a 2.2 two weeks ago. [EW]

... Adult Swim has posted the entire first episode of Dan Harmon's new animated series Rick and Morty. It's pretty good! And it's full of all sorts of phallic images. [YouTube]

CASTING NEWS

... Melissa Ponzio, recently seen in The Walking Dead as Karen/Pile of Ashwill guest-star on Chicago Fire. She'll play a love interest for Chief Wallace Boden. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Barbara Hershey will be returning to the Once Upon a Time franchise, this time in the spin-off Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. She'll reprise her role as Cora, the Queen of Hearts, in a single March episode. [TV Guide]

HORRIBLE GOSSIP

... According to one of those trashy tabloids, former Bachelor Ben Flajnik is hooking up with the almost-twice-his-age Kris Jenner from Keeping Up With the Kardashians. This is gross. [US Magazine]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/8/2015

Season 2 : Episode 13

87 Comments
Comments (87)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Back Nov 15... :)
Flag
waiting to watch season 2
Flag
After reading this article a couple weeks back, decided to watch Atlantis, and it's actually a ton of fun. Very light-hearted, easy-watching fantasy series. Glad to hear it got a 2nd season, can't wait to watch more.
Flag
Atlantis is okay, though I wish they'd go more into Jason's issues with Atlantis versus 21st century. But this is only after seeing 2 episodes. I haven't made any final decisions on if I'll continue to watch it.
Flag
See? I knew people would warm to Agents of SHIELD if they just gave it a chance. The show itself needed to find its footing and figure out what it was. But honestly, it's now officially one of my new favourite shows, along with Sleepy Hollow and Dracula. Don't you just LOVE Dracula???
Flag
Mark Addy's in "Atlantis"?

Why was I not informed!
Flag
Isn't it more factual to describe Atlantis as being renewed by the BBC (in a more general sense than BBC America), it kinda sounds above like it is an American made series renewed by an American TV channel. Picky maybe but still!!! And it looks crap anyway lol.
Flag
Its ok, nowhere near as good as Merlin was
Flag
I wanted to like Atlantis, I really did. I loved Merlin and hoped for a bit of the same. Sadly, after two episodes, I just wanted to poke my eyes out. :-(
Flag
I wanted to poke my eyes out after only one episode.....the fight scenes were ridiculous!!
Flag
Merlin was enjoyable enough (at least until it started chasing its own tail, getting more redundant, and heading for some anti-climactic final developments), and I genuinely liked it. So that would be reason enough to check out Atlantis... except that I've lost all interest after reading some of the comments here.
Flag
Loved Rick and Morty !
Flag
if the red queen's artificially amplified fish lips hadn't been enough to get me to quit OUATIW, a return of cora's plasticized mug certainly would have been. what's next, rose mcgowan? ugh, wtf disney?
Flag
Atlantis isn't going to win any awards but it is fun. I'm surprised it's been picked for a 2nd season but I'm not going to complain. It is better than "Dads" people & some of the other shows that have really disappointed this year. Just enjoy the ride people.

Anything the Kardashians I don't want to know about!
Flag
Atlantis is absolutley abysmal, they should have picked up the rights for The Secret Circle instead , I really dont get it how bad shows get renewed easily and the good stuff gets cancelled.
Flag
since it's BBCA i'd say something more along the lines of shoulda kept copper. fairly certain there's probably a huge discrepancy in costs though.
Flag
No new seasons of Torchwood in sight, but we get a season 2 order of Atlantis? I'm sorry to offend its few fans, but Atlantis seemed absolutely awful by the first few eps and I've heard only got worse and worse.
Flag
I don't watch Atlantis and judging by the comments i haven't missed anything.
Flag
Atlantis gets more dull as it goes on! It has steadily got so boring! Great concept, boring stories......zzzzzz
Flag
That doesn't bode well for me, I thought it was pretty awful from the start, and seeing they'd renewed it for a second season made me think I should go back and watch more to see if it improved.
Flag
Yay for SHIELD. It is becoming very enjoyable. If only they'd get rid of Skye...
Flag
But she's sooooo hot though. She just needs less speaking roles! She is way too chatty and sociable for someone who is supposed to be a world-class hacker. At best she seems like a glorified social media data miner. "Hey Skye, what do our Twitter followers think is the cause of the random explosion this week? Well, lets not keep them posted while we investigate!"
Flag
She's not that hot.
Flag
LIES!!! She may not be AS hot as Simmons, but let's face it, not many women on TV right now are. Still, for playing second fiddle on the hotness scale, we could all do a whole lot worse than Skye, and often do. Besides, unlike Simmons, she's got a reasonable amount of curves to stare at too!
Flag
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :)
Flag
Atlantis sucks so bad, especially if you compare it to its spiritual predecessor Merlin, but it has become my guilty pleasure. :P (mainly because I miss Merlin)
Flag
I agree. The first episode of Atlantis reminded me a ton of Merlin and I loved it... but since then it's been quite terrible. But I'm still watching it because I want to support the creators of Merlin, and because I miss Merlin so much!!
Flag
How can BBC AMERICA order a 2nd season of ATLANTIS? The BBC already ordered a 2nd season weeks ago so for BBCA to claim it was their idea is kind of sad.
Flag
It's just lazy reporting. The BBC and BBC Worldwide America are two completely different companies; while BBC commisioned Season 2 of Altantis over a month ago, BBC Worldwide America announced they "picked up" the rights to screen the second season in the US.

http://www.bbcwpressroom.com/bbc-america/press/bbc-america-picks-up-season-two-of-fantasy-atlantis-following-record-premiere/

BBC Worldwide America didn't say that they ordered any more episodes, but people are seeing "picked up" and translating than into "ordered new episodes"
Flag
Mark addy as Hercules must be the most stupid idea ever... The reason Young Hercules and Hercules TLY worked was because that's how Hercules is supposed to be portrayed, even if he's only a deuteragonist!
Flag
Watched a couple of episodes initially as it seemed like just fun popcorn novelty but it slowly fizzled out to a bore and lacked any meat, like popcorns. Sigh.
Flag
I tried to watch Atlantis. But this was no good at all. The season's absolute worst series. I did watch 2 episodes but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Flag
Considering that SHIELD jumped from about 6 million viewers to 9 for overall viewers, that is surprising. / amazing

For BBCA to renew Atlantis for getting holdover viewers from the Doctor Who movie is ridiculous. Can't wait to see the ratings results from the 2nd episode.
Flag
I tried to watch Atlantis. I knew it was gonna be some low production, Merlin-style general popcorn family fare fluff (which I have no problem with when I'm prepared to sit through that kind of thing in order to see if I can be entertained) but this? I couldn't even endure to the halfway mark of ep one.
Hey. At least I can say I gave it a shot before saying "MEH!"
Flag
I've only seen the first episode but Atlantis is all kinds of awful.
Flag
I don't think what BBC America has to say about Atlantis really matters, if BBC renews it then all BBC America has to do is decide to air it or not.. it's aired 8 episodes in the UK already.
Flag
I don't know what the actual advertising/fee revenue numbers are involved with BBC America broadcasting a show, but that revenue stream may be a big decision about renewing a show, as well as building a stonger audience and social buzz. I don't see a reason why BBC America would be dismissed.
Flag
Well a good example here: BBC renewed Atlantis months ago, and BBC America now "acquired the rights" to air it in the US. BBC usually doesn't wait for the BBC America numbers to make choices, esp. since social buzz is not as international as we may like to think, and the revenue stream from BBC America stays in BBC America. (They are officially two separate entities, and thus can't just "pass off" revenue from one to the other. The way they do it is when BBC America buys the rights to air BBC shows. Esp. since you can't exactly give BBC status of international business when it is, in fact, a public service in the UK.)
Flag
'Karen/Pile of ash' That's just mean dude. I'm still in mourning. Well not for her. How many one n done eps is Enver Gjokaj gonna get? Already preparing for Kirk Acevedos' imminent demise.
Flag
Atlantis is piss poor. A serious waste of BBC licence payers loot.
Flag
If you ask me, Wonderland should've started with a Cora cameo since the get go.
Flag
Atlantis is no Merlin, but it's watchable enough, a second season won't do any harm. :)

Flag
Mrs McCall really gets around...in an acting way obvs...
Flag
Staff
Ahem, I think you mean Melissa Ponzio of Teen Wolf.
Flag
You weren't the only one thinking that.
Flag
But so many were not.
Flag
atleast she actually has a role to hang onto on Teen Wolf, and at this point, Teen Wolf is better than The Walking Dead...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members