Episode 1x08 'The Furies' Discussion Thread

dpebbleson

[1]Nov 15, 2013
    • level: 23

Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 1x08 "The Furies" here.

Rules are simple:

- Spoilers are not allowed;

- No bashing of characters or the cast;

- Discussion is encouraged, but arguing is not;

- We shall show no tolerance to trolls and suchlike;

Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Nov 17, 2013
    • level: 75
    Interesting to get an insight into Pythagoras' past and private matters, a nice love story and amazing landscapes. And going with the preview it looks like the man who hired them is gonna keep on providing with a fair share of trouble work for the leading trio.

I am confused about Baucis though, in the end we don't know who she is, why she was travelling alone and to what purpose.
    Edited on 11/17/2013 5:33pm

dpebbleson

[3]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 23
    Yeah, it was interesting to find out something about Pythagoras. This episode didn't have much happening in it, but yeah, the landscapes were really amazing. The Furies reminded of the Dorocha in Merlin, what with all the howling...

Indeed what was Baucis' purpose, remains mysterious... I guess she was at least useful for the plot and the ending in which the three heroes don't get any money (which isn't fair because they did deliver !)

boom-moo

[4]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 75
    dpebbleson wrote:
    I guess she was at least useful for the plot and the ending in which the three heroes don't get any money (which isn't fair because they did deliver !)
    Hahaha, yeah pretty ironic. And what's more, they had to bring it all the way back.

illegalferret

[5]Dec 9, 2013
    • level: 25

2 in one day! I'm catching up fast!

It was nice to find out a little bit more about Py and his background. And i agree with you both the landscape was stunning! I'm pretty sure they actually didn't use Wales for this outdoor shoot! Can't really say much more about this episode though, it entertained me for 45 minutes but that's about it...