Episode 1x09 'Pandora's Box' Discussion Thread

dpebbleson

[1]Nov 30, 2013
    • level: 23

Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 1x09 "Pandora's Box" here.

Rules are simple:

- Spoilers are not allowed;

- No bashing of characters or the cast;

- Discussion is encouraged, but arguing is not;

- We shall show no tolerance to trolls and suchlike;

Enjoy!

--

Okay, let me be the first one to comment. I liked this episode. It was sort of creepy. The Underworld was convincing enough. Seeing Cyrus was a nice thing, and very much like Greek mythology where heroes meet their deceased friends and family whenever they descend to Hades.

The creature guarding Pandora's Box was first creepy and then quite weird when she first warned them about dangers, and then did all she could to stop them Then we had a mini Zombie Apocalypse in Tartarus which was sort of funny

So Pandora's Box doesn't actually unleash all evils but does something nasty to its owner. Still having Medusa open the secret safe beneath the floor was somewhat too much, I mean why would she...?

I also thought that Medusa would become cursed later on in the show, but it seems they dealt with it rather quickly. As I like the character I don't mind curing her soon enough.. even though the Oracle's words spell doom, so to speak.

Edited on 12/02/2013 1:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Dec 10, 2013
    • level: 75
    I found this episode rather slow although it was entertaining enough.
    dpebbleson wrote:

So Pandora's Box doesn't actually unleash all evils but does something nasty to its owner. Still having Medusa open the secret safe beneath the floor was somewhat too much, I mean why would she...?

Yeah, the plotline was a bit forced there. Still I was pleased (so to speak) with the result of her indiscretion. It's making things much more interesting. Having Hercules pining about Medusa time and again was becoming boring.
    Edited on 12/10/2013 11:43am

illegalferret

[3]Jan 8, 2014
    • level: 25

Yes this episode was dark, so dark in fact i couldn't actually see what was going on because my tv is a bit rubbish!!

I quite liked it, the twist at the end turning Medusa into the actual snake haired woman was very good, but once again tv being rubbish i wasn't able to get a proper look at how they've done it!

boom-moo

[4]Jan 14, 2014
    • level: 75
    Lol dear! Can't you adjust the settings?

illegalferret

[5]Jan 15, 2014
    • level: 25

That type of thing is almost certainly beyond me!!