Episode 1x11 'Hunger Pangs' Discussion Thread

dpebbleson

[1]Dec 13, 2013
    • level: 24

Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 1x11 "Hunger Pangs" here.

Rules are simple:

- Spoilers are not allowed;

- No bashing of characters or the cast;

- Discussion is encouraged, but arguing is not;

- We shall show no tolerance to trolls and suchlike;

Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Dec 15, 2013
    • level: 75
    The royals are back! Even if in passing it was nice to see that King Minos is being kept bedridden by Pasiphae while Heptarion assumes control. Nice as well to see that Ariadne would take risks for Jason.

As for the rest well, it was entertaining and quite humorous but Jason's gratuitous toplesses are becoming too recurrent (and this coming from a woman!) which somehow defeats the purpose to me. I quite liked it when Pythagoras was pondering about measuring time (in additiong to his theorem about triangles which has been mentioned quite a few times already), it's good to glipse at the bright mind that we know of.

dpebbleson

[3]Dec 16, 2013
    Indeed, the royals are back Actually , for me they were the most welcome thing in this episode. Pasiphae is evil as she could be, but is Ariadne's servant really as loyal as she claims to be?

Yeah, the episode was humorous but other than that had little substance. Does anyone else think that there are too many scenes of running through the streets and being chased by someone? And very often several in an episode? I think that is kind of getting repetitive. Also I think the dynamic trio works well, but would be happy to have a fourth member.

boom-moo

[4]Dec 20, 2013
    dpebbleson wrote:
    is Ariadne's servant really as loyal as she claims to be?
    Yeah, I too thought she would betray her master. Ariadne was to trusting as the servant seems to be Korinna's replacement and probably not too long in her service. But even if that isn't the case after what happened to Korinna Ariadne should know better and keep her affairs as private as possible.

dpebbleson wrote:
    Does anyone else think that there are too many scenes of running through the streets and being chased by someone? And very often several in an episode? I think that is kind of getting repetitive.
    Yes, it is. It has a Benny Hill feel to it.

dpebbleson

[5]Dec 22, 2013
    True ! Benny Hill sums it up very well ! I hope they stop doing it. It was done in Merlin only once or twice in five seasons, and that's why it was comic. Here it's really overdone. Not that the world will fall apart if they keep doing it, but hey...

boom-moo

[6]Dec 23, 2013
    We know these guys love their formulas... I have a feeling that series 2 will be bigger and better (and probably darker)

illegalferret

[7]Jan 13, 2014
    • level: 25

This felt like a comic filler episode before a grand finale, but it was entertaining. Nice to see Jason's relationship with the princess build a little more. I'm pleased that Py is continuing to have a more important role in the show, i feel he was under used at the start.

1 quick problem with it though, who was the wolf man in the temple? What did he have to do with any of it? He just seemed to pop up twice then get killed. Also the ending i felt was rather rushed.