Episode 1x12 'Touched by the Gods - Part 1' Discussion Thread

dpebbleson

[1]Dec 20, 2013
    • level: 23

Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 1x12 'Touched by the Gods - Part 1' here.

Rules are simple:

- Spoilers are not allowed;

- No bashing of characters or the cast;

- Discussion is encouraged, but arguing is not;

- We shall show no tolerance to trolls and suchlike;

Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Dec 22, 2013
    • level: 75
    This episode had all an every cliche in the history of cliches lol but still it was engaging enough.

Now I wonder if the finale will mean a dramatic turn of events that will provide for a different dynamic come the 2nd season (i.e. Pasiphae being killed or at least exposed for poisoning Minos) or if the events will be resolved through some kind of a reset plot leaving things pretty much the same.

dpebbleson

[3]Dec 22, 2013
    • level: 23
    Esther, it appears we were right about the serving girl! She was on Pasiphae's side, or at least she had a really bad character that seized the opportunity once it arose.

In the end it appears that Circe's manipulation was for nothing. Instead of tragedy, we just got her dead. Maybe he should have done that at the very end, instead of making it seem like I don't know what is going to happen

Knowing TPTB both things you mention can happen. We either get reset or we get something completely over-the-top. I'm voting for the latter

I think the show has a lot of unused potential, and is somehow repetitive, but I think it'll get better. They're still searching for the footing.

So far I find the trio amusing, and Ariadne is also good. Pasiphae is excellent, while Minos was (luckily) delegated to going out of the show (or so it seems). Medusa was a nice addition and I suppose that we will see more of her in the second series. However, the Oracle says that Jason will have to kill her, so it'll be hard to escape destiny, especially given that this is supposedly Old Greek in atmosphere.

illegalferret

[4]Jan 13, 2014
    • level: 25

I thought this one was very good, except i was little annoyed they killed of Circe, she seemed like a good villian to have and by just killing her so they can move on from Jason's oath was a little to simplistic.

Very interested to see where they go from here.