Atlantis

Saturday on BBC Premiered Sep 28, 2013 In Season

dpebbleson

Atlantis Fan Reviews (17)

7.8
  • Awesome Adventurous and Fabulous

British tv series are always good but Atlantis stands as a "Masterpiece". Season 1 was fabulous. It gives you a feel of real adventure. Beautiful sets and locations used in the series only makes you like it more. The last episode "twist" was simply "mind-blowing". Everybody thought that "oracle" would be the mother but it turned out to be the Queen who is also the main "antagonist" of the show. Actors are also Good and Scripts may have twisted the "Greek Mythology" but they have twisted them in a "good" way. Looking forward to season 2.
  • why do you ALWAYS massacre mythology of world? This series is ridiculus

To the director and screenwriter.... The least you could do , since you decide to create a fantasy series like this one, was to hire a consultant to tell you the basic... Ancient Greeks wear pants? SERIOUSLY? People "debate" and not "dialogue" . Minoas the King of Atlantis? SERIOUSLY? Minoas was the name of the king of Minoan civilization in Creta (same name for all Kings during the years of Minoan Civilization), and so Pancratia games (which iwas actually the famous ancient "Pancritia" games similar to Olympics games) takes place to Creta..... All shucks ... The least people... the least you could do was to open a history book... You sucks. Your series sucks (with maximum of respect to Mark Addy) why Mark you agree in such a stupidity? You are much grater than this my friend
  • Does anyone else find it weird?

That Jason never actually references his old world? I mean, the one reference I have remember seeing is that he expresses his concern about Medusa to the Oracle with the story he is familiar with from our world. But, like does Pythagoras ever get curious, hell, just to confirm whether Jason is telling the truth to have Jason take him to the beach where, if I remember correctly, his submarine is still in existence. Or shouldn't Jason be taking at least a cursory interest in what happened to his father? Who, I am presuming, if the gods actually exist in this world or something like that, that Jason is likely the son of Poseidon (I have been also kind of assuming the Oracle is his mother).
  • The next big thing!

The only thing I would say is to make it a bit more adult & scary for each new series. That way people will grow up with it and get more attached to it! Well done! xx :-p

No matter what people say on these reviews there are thousands of fans out there jumping up and down exited for the next series! Also whatever people are giving bad reviews will watch it anyway! Keep up the AMAZING work! xx :-)
  • love it

Me and my partner love watching this every saturday, once u get into it u can't get enough, can't wait to season 2 in 2014

• Meh ...

Well I won`t ditch it yet, but I dont want another Merlin. They have to develop the main story arc a lot faster. The days of procedural TV series are mostly gone for me.
  • stick with it.

While the first ep didn't blow me away I stuck with it and quite enjoy it. It doesn't take itself seriously and I find it funny in a charming sort of way. It isn't the best show around but it is fun. I've been really surprised that what I think I will love in the new shows haven't become my favs while others I enjoy so much more than I expected ie Reign.
  • It's ok but I'm not yet charmed!

I think if I didn't knew before watching it, that that was the same crew that did Merlin I would have guessed or called the FBI for stolen idea :D!!!

I have the impression that they put Merlin in Atlantis... We have a young man who don't know a lot about himself and his parents, he as a destiny, he is special... Of course with a lot of powerful enemies.

We have dragons, magic (apparently the same language or very near), and they use the same ingredient (hemlock, belladonna).

And like in Merlin things happen too fast, Jason is best buddy with Hercules and Pythagoras in 5 minutes, Ariadne fall in love in remembered how I thought it was weird to see Gaius and Merlin so close so soon...

That's why I just put a 6.5 for now, maybe 2nd season will be better and not so much like Merlin.

I loved Merlin's show but I don't want a pale copy
  • It's OK But If It Was Cancelled Tomorrow I Wouldn't Miss It

It's cute. I like Mark Addy but as Hercules? Bad idea. He's just playing the same character he portrayed in Knight's Tale. If he were playing it more like Robert Baratheon that could be interesting! But I kind of go with the flow and pretend he's not the "real" Hercules. I like the show, but, as I said, if it was cancelled tomorrow I wouldn't miss it.
  • Surprise! its good but not great

Whats with all the hate? I don't remember this hate with Merlin... but it must of happen since this has the same feel to it(same peeps). Yes it's cheesy, weird, has a lot to offer and sorry but its not a drama, it's not there to educate you but to entertain you. I have the same fun watching this than Hercules or Xena but with lots more quality to the production. Story wise its straight forward a lot like Merlin was with hints towards a bigger plot, so its nothing new but it works.

So do at least the 4 episode test, you'll see you will have fun :)
  • I dont get why

I have no idea why i like this show so much but i do its like its so bad that its good i just have to keep watching lol
  • Just like the last one.

Okay to all those who want to bash this show. Remember the last one that was made in the same way. Same acting and everything CGI etc what was that called hmmm oh oh i got it MERLIN. It was corny but if you hung in there it turned out pretty good. So i give this a 7/10 and hope it can produce like Merlin.
  • How it going to end?

If Atlantis is going to end the way they ended Marlin I personally prefer not to watch!

I personally not really a great reviewer but honestly how can you guys give such a low rate for a series that only had one episode aired so far? be patient! Friends is one of the best sitcom ever made and first couple of episodes are not even funny! nobody acted smooth, lines were not as cool as it got later etc!

• So retro

This reminded me so much of the fun fantasy series of my childhood, like Xena and Hercules. Just simple, cheesy entertainment, but in a good way. If you're looking for 'serious fantasy' then this is not for you, but if you're looking for some harmless fun with some pretty people, some action and some pretty funny bits thrown in, then I'd recommend it.
  • I'll be short. Seriously.

Bad acting. Check.

Cheap CGI. Check.

Shallow storyline. Check.

Not worth watching. Check.
  • pffffhhh

My 12yo daughter is generally a phantasy fan, but she finds this show not worth watching.

When Jason was washed up on the beach naked, he finds a pile clothes on the beach. in the next scene we see him fully dressed, even wearing leather wristbands... My daughter commented "Right, thats his first priority when he finds himself naked in a strange world - put on she finds that things like that make it so unrealistic.

I agree with her. There are many more instances like that in the first episode.

My review of ATLANTIS was going to consist of just one word.

Mehhh...

However I will rouse myself from my torpor to add these other very good words: flat, uninspired, derivative, boring, predictable and seemingly written from precepts created from a computer programme. Just crass and desperately DULLLLLLLLLLLLLL........

With so much better fantasy on TV to study as a template and inspiration (DA VINCI'S DEMONS, GAME OF THRONES) why did the BBC waste time and money on this?

Utter drivel.