A.T.O.M - Alpha Teens on Machines

Disney XD (ended 2007)

bluecatcinema

A.T.O.M - Alpha Teens on Machines Fan Reviews (30)

• SEASON 3

WHY isn't season 3,

everybody wants to see it because end of season 2

you see the man who is responsble for axel father his dead

and he says: that he's going the win the next game of something
  • Season two saved the show

I don't actually remember season one anymore - i just remember i hated it and it was boring with crny jokes and stupid plot.

Season two is a whole different story. I like the plot, the characters (they sort of evolved), new jokes. In other words - they show became interesting and exciting to watch. Talking about the characters, my favorite is Lioness. I remember i didn't like her much in seson one, but in season two - she's great : D So, I recomend this show to people who like adrenaline filled adventures since the stunts the theam performs are almost super-human. It is a nice thing to watch for a good mood.
  • it's not bad as other shows that came lately from jetix and not good either...

6.9
    there was a lot of trash coming out in jetix so they have decided to come up with something BIG and they kind of did :
    the animation and camera movements are preety smooth ; the theme song and the music inside the show are thery cool ; the artwork is preety good - good colors and black lines around the charecters (although it's a little too shiny...) ; there are usualy black lines like in a movie , and another cool thing is this spida dude - he is a very cool bad guy (even though he isn't that original...) and his voice actor in the hebrew version is ido musery , which is one of the best dubbers i know (in the english version he is voice acted surprisengly by tom kenny which is like an english version of ido musery!) .
    from the bad side , even tho the animation is smooth sometimes it's just don't - like when they kick in the air and look like some kind of slides... and ther's this annoying girl name lionez that i just hate... but that's nothing
    comparessed to the fact that it's just too comercial...
    the whole thing looks like something someone wrote JUST for money it dosen't feel alive ... the story is too compressed ; like in one episode they met "hawk" , in the same episode he left , and in the next episode he came back - what's that all about?... ; and there arn't sequels to episode like there should be - they pack it all in one episode (the episodes are kind of conected to each other but that's not the same thing..).
    this show is better that i expected but in the end this show is OK and nothing more...

i give it 6.9 out of 10...
  • Season 1 was fabulous. I loved it. If season 2 is anything like the first episode, I'm going to be an A.T.O.M. junkie!

Oh. My. Gods.

In those three little words, you can pretty much sum up the amazing qualities of Alpha Teens On Machines. A.T.O.M. has brilliant animation, fantastic characters, interesting and involved storylines and it's now happily starting its second season. Which, by the way, is amazing. Simply amazing.

*shudder* Ew, arm...

Ahem.

Anyway, yes. Brilliant programme. Can't sing it's praises enough. And yet I need a few more words to be able to submit this review...

My favourite part of the show is the action. And the comedy. The characters... The music... The corny banter... All of it, I just can't really pick!

It's just fantastic!

Vamos!
  • Mindblowing!

This show features Hawk, Axel, King, Shark, and Lioness, a group of crime fighting teens with the hottest vehicles. The teens work for Mr. Lee testing out his vehicle and weapon prototypes created at Lee Industries. Their mission is to protect the city and capture the evil crime lord Alexander Pain and his band of criminals who have just escaped from the local high security prison.

Axel

Shark

Lioness

Hawk

King

Mr. Lee

Alexander Paine

Flesh

After he broke jail with Alexander Paine, his new master turned him into a pumped up, muscle-bound villian. He's not too bright though and struggles with modern weaponry.
  • A.T.O.M. (an acronym of Alpha Teens On Machines) chronicles the adventures of five teenagers (the Alpha Teens) from Landmark City. The Alpha Teens test prototype vehicles and weapons for Lee Industries, and use these prototypes to combat criminals.

If you are looking for a cool TV show that ballances drama and comedy perfectly, then A.T.O.M. is the one you're looking for. The five Alpha Teens are as following: Axel, the leader and a master of the Jo-Lan martial art, whose father was killed in an explosion; Lioness, the brave, athletic, capoeira-master girl from Brasil; King, the gentle giant skilled in wrestling that has a soft spot for pets; Shark, the carefree surfer and Hawk, a skilled pilot with a huge ego, who wants to become a movie star. The founder of the team is Mr Lee, a successful businessman who owns a lot of companies in Landmark City. The Alpha Teens battle a sadistic criminal known as Alexander Paine and his acolytes. Paine was a friend of Sebastian Manning (Axel's dad) and is believed to have killed him as well. The teesn are helped by Garret, an employee of Mr Lee with a big brain.
  • I really like A.T.O.M. It's so cool! It's hip and cool and it has attitude! I really enjoy watching A.T.O.M! My favorite character is Lioness. Shes so cool and teenager-y and the chemistry she has with Axel is so day-dreamy! :)

A.T.O.M is about the five alpha teens hired by Mr. Lee to test out his new machines. Axel, King, Shark, Hawk and Lioness. Axel Manning is basically the main teen of them all. His father was lost to Paine when he was just a boy, and he wants revenge on him. He has this cool power called "Jolan" that, well basically gives him and advantage over the other teens. Ollie "Shark" Sharker is the surfer dude of the group. He can be a little air-headed sometimes, and he is really funny. He can be so cute at times that its sickening (ha). Zach "Hawk" Hawkes is well, lets just say that some he comes across as "up himself" and well, selfish. He is hilarious at times where I just crack up. Crey "King" Kingston is the body builder of the group. He works out all the time but he also eats a lot. He is a really good friend to all the teens in the group, and I come across him a little protective of Lioness, who is like the little sister he never had. He also loves animals.

Catalina "Lioness" Leone is the only girl of the group. She seems to have a connection with Axel, some kind of chemistry or something. King is like a big brother to her. She like being treated like an equal to the boys, but they do give her space, being the only girl or anything. Lioness has a great sense of style. She also has a kind of brotherly relationship with all the boys (except for Axel). Lioness likes riding her motorbike, snowboarding, anything the boys like doing basically. I like Lioness' character overall. Well thats me done. Erin, over and out!
  • Axel, King, Hawk, Shark, and Lioness were put together by Mr. Lee to cover a racial and gender friendly demographic and pilot his crazy machines. But then Mr. Lee became evil but the team staid together to get in crazy kung-fu fights with animal/people.

Alright, charismatic and mischievous white guy team leader, check. Muscle-bound, in-your-face black guy, check. Egotistical, hot-headed pilot, check. Easy-going beach bum that says "dude" more than any one human should, check. Feisty South American and only girl on the team, check. Handy-capable Asian super-genius kid, check. Gratuitous amounts of CG vehicles, martial arts fight scenes, one-dimensional villains, and extreme sports, check. This show was engineered by middle-aged business men to be the be-all end-all action cartoon about crime-fighting kids with knee-slapping humor, hard-hitting drama, and epic battles. However, the only thing this show does epically is fail.
    First off, the title's all wrong. You can't have a team of all "Alpha Teens." Only one of them can be the Alpha teen. The rest are subordinates. Second, everything else about the show is wrong. The action scenes are cut together so messily that I can't keep track of who was kicking whom. The long running story arcs that try to tie the episodes together are completely butchered in an attempt to add unexpected twists to the show. Why did Mr. Lee turn evil, and then turn kind of not evil after that? What does Axel's dad have to do with anything in this show aside from being a plot device to motivate Axel? And above all, who has the time and patience to care? Even the art style ,normally the one saving grace of badly-written animated shows, is lack-luster. Above all, this show is trite. You won't see anything here that hasn't been done better in another action cartoon.
  • Why did this show came to a stop!?

I totally think that this show is unappreciated, which is quite sad cause it's a great show. I love all the characters, I think the the make a great team and they all add something to it. But my favorite character of this team has to be: Lioness. Her fighting skills are just awesome. And I also like the fact that out of the five she's the only girl, but she still can handle her own. I'm also a girl, so I can kind of relate to her in some aspects, just sadly not the fighting part. I love her chemistry with Axel, it's great. They should totally be together. I love the action in this show, and I'm still mad/ disappointed that this show stopped.
  • Its awsome!Totalty cool,Has alot of action,cool stuff,totlty enjoyable,no doubt worth the watch!

I totalty luvd it,super cool,group cool bunch of guys fight crime,better every episode,has cool Humour,it is anooying when they hit and they keep saying "AAAAAAAHHHHH" or "OHHHH" kinda anoying,but the show is awsome it self,really great.

Story is ok,i liked it,5 guys,cool guys have a cool house and they get betryted by lee,awsome,nice show,i highly reccomemnd it.

it rocks1 g g g f f d d d f f d bg g g gg g g g g g g gf g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g i liked the episdoe i highly reccomend it
  • A.T.O.M. follows the adventures of main character Axel Manning and his friends Lioness, Shark, Hawk and King, as they attempt to protect the city from the clutches of evil.

7.3
    Alpha Teens on Machines is a series that focuses mainly on Axel Manning, a presumably orphaned teenager who possesses knowledge of a rare martial art known as jo-lan, formally known only by his father.
    In season 1, after a feigned reality show trial turns to an occupation in testing out new machines for Janus Lee's 'Li Industries' and a new house, Axel and his new friends Catalina 'Lioness' Leone, Crey 'King' Kingston, Zach 'Hawk' Hawke and Ollie 'Shark' Sharker begin their machinery testing, but a strike from Axel's father's former friend-turned-enemy Alexander Paine sends Axel and his friends on a mission to restore Landmark City's safety and to discover who killed his father, or whether he is still alive.
    With a defeated Paine jailed in season 2, the tables turn and betrayal again occurs when Janus Lee has cloned the teens and combined their DNA with those of animals. Suddenly the Alpha Teens are defending Landmark City again - from their own clones.

---

By Sarah (cherrypudding) June 2008
  • okay i watch this show cuz it has action in it and everything else. its just a really good show.

okay i watch A.T.O.M cuz it has action and all that other good stuff. It gives me the ation i need every morning when i wake up so im always like oh ya its on so im going to sit down and watch it. Im like that every morning and so i dont take a show till after its over. Well i dont really know what else to say i have to make this 100 words and stuff. Um its got some good romance things. Um i cant really think of anything else to say except its a must see tv show.
  • Good Cartoon

I have seen about 10 series random, and I can say, it has awesome graphics and animation, characters are drawn very good ,in my opinion, it has an interesting scenario with potential, becouse You can`t predict what will be in next new serie!
    I recommend this cartoon for young teenagers who likes actions, ass-kicking and cool gadgets :)
  • I like the vehicles they ride on. A must watch!

A.T.O.M - Alpha Teens on Machines features Hawk, Axel, King, Shark, and Lioness, a group of crime fighting teens with the hottest vehicles. The teens work for Mr. Lee testing out his vehicle and weapon prototypes created at Lee Industries. Their mission is to protect the city and capture the evil crime lord Alexander Pain and his band of criminals who have just escaped from the local high security prison. Axel Axel Manning is the leader of the team and is an expert in the rare Jo-Lan martial art. He's got a good sense of humour and a mischievious edge, as well as a more rebellious side. Shark Living up to his name, Shark loves to be in the water. His amazing balance means that he's an expert on any kind of board, but his laid back surfer dude attitude can wind up King. Lioness This Brazilian lass is a songwriter who knows how to kick some serious butt. Her athletic prowess makes her martial arts skills extra effective. She's like a sister to Axel. Hawk A skilled pilot, Hawk is also known for his extreme self-confidence. He's usually looking for ways to get on TV, but his friends know they can always depend on him. King Despite his near super-human strength, King is known as a bit of a gentle giant. He's also got a touch of the compulsive-obsessive about him and must keep everything tidy. Mr. Lee The man who put together the crew to test his vehicle and weapon prototypes. Quirky and mysterious, he appears to be sweet and absent minded. But is he all he seems? Alexander Paine Once the spy partner of Axel's dad. He began to turn bad, then was scarred and left in pain in a killer blast. Escaping from jail ten years later he vowed to take over Landmark City. Flesh After he broke jail with Alexander Paine, his new master turned him into a pumped up, muscle-bound villian. He's not too bright though and struggles with modern weaponry
  • Showdown! The Chemestry between Axel and Lioness is amazing, I sooo want them to get together. Make it happen writers please!!

At the start when Axel saves Lioness but doesn't stop Paine, he's furious and Lioness is like "But you saved me, doesn't that count for something." and he just like pushes her away and she's upset. And Later on when he throws them out for their own protection, I was so shocked, and Lioness was hurt and she caught that picture he tossed, even though it was for their own pretection, it was still mean. And Lioness and the rest of them are sat in the dance place. And Lioness figures what's going on and they go back to help, that was so cool, she just grabs hold of his arms to stop him using Jo-lan on Paine, so he doesn't kill him. And right at the end when she says "I thought you might want this back." and shows him the picture and tears well up in his eyes and instead of taking the picture he pulls her in for a hug and she like really suprised, but totally bluhes! That was so sweet, I wish the writers would make them get together already!
  • Actually pretty good! Decent characters, cool action scenes, interesting story lines... i liked it!

I never imagined that i might actually find i like this show, but i did. I just felt like giving it a try one night, so i did, and i enjoyed it. Okay, so i partly enjoyed seeing all the Teen Titans parallels i could make with the characters (Axel= Robin, King= Cyborg, Shark= Beast Boy!) but i also enjoyed the original aspects of the show too. Okay, so car chases can get a little boring, but normally they end just in time.
    Anyway, overall show grade: B-
  • A new cutting edge show that's both original and was inspired by others

I've just "A Paine By Any Other Name" Part 1 and 2 dubbed in arabic on MBC 3 and I'm loving everybit of the show. It's original and its borrows some features from other shows. Of course the show's most obvious inspiration is the old M.A.S.K toyline and cartoon. There's also a little of "Sentai" here (Five heroes in colored suits). Also course a little anime influence but not too much like the horrible "Totally Spies" (Yeesh, i hate that show). I hope MBC 3 also gets the 2nd season.
  • A show about teens fighting crime with high tech toys!

This is a great show!, I can't beleive how well they made this show, it is fantastic! The charaters are great and the villains is amazing! I am surprised how well the show's progress is and how it's going, I hope the writers don't let up or write something dumb that will tick everyone off, but I hope it doesn't come to that becaues the writers are amazing with every episode and I can tell thise show will last for a long time!
  • An absolutely fantastic show, and a credit to cartoons.

I'll be honest - I probably couldn't live without this show now. I was first introduced when visiting a friends house, and saw what I believed to be a little boy's show on the television in the corner (well, it is a little boy's show!).
    But I was fascinated. The animation was quite nice, the storyline was certainly interesting, and the characters were awesome!
    This show is great, there are so many perks to watching it: interesting characters, great comedy moments, angst for the avid Axel/Lioness shipper (and no one can deny the angst that WAS Showdown!), and (much to my surprise) the joy of an excellent female character (too rare in cartoons...)!!
    One of my favourite parts of the show is Hawk. He's funny, completely selfish and egotistical, yet you can just TELL that there is so much more to him than meets the eye. It's a lot of fun to try and predict what he will do next.

So, to summarise for anyone who wants to know if they should or should not watch Alpha Teens On Machines - A.T.O.M., the answer is -- YES! Go, now, shoo, watch it before it gets taken off!
    And just a warning - prepare to be addicted!! :)
  • five teens on machines saving Landmark city from Alexander Paine.

awsome awsome awsome absolutely awsome!!! i L-O-V-E LOVE it!!!!! i watch it every saturday (im sry im not a good speller just deal w/it) and sunday yea me *claps quickly*!!!
    any hoo hi (im hyper) Axel and Lioness for ever!!!!!!!! i am just bein weird (but then again when am i not?) yea well in case any of you have noticed im just tryin 2 waste space. o i like space it's so big and.... big!! i don't have much o an attenion span (it's my curse that and a very VERY bad memory) but ATOM can sure keep it!!!!
  • One of the few original show out there.

A.T.O.M-Alpha Teens On Machine is one of the few show that not only is original, but it is also unique with the style and story itself.

Set in the fictional city of Landmark, Axel Manning, the leader of the group, whom, along with macho King, slacker Shark, tomboy Lioness and the egotistic Hawk must battle the likes of villanious Alexander Paine, as well as his goons, the technological Spydah, the massive Flesh and the deadly Dragon, preventing them from accomplishing their goal of ruling the city itself.

With fast-pace action, a great plot and great animation style, A.T.O.M is one not be pass out.
  • This show is definitely top of the line and totally awesome! I have NEVER seen anything like it! Axel is my fave character, he just has such style and attitude! Shark closely follows...This is the best show EVER!!!

A.T.O.M. Alpha Teens on Machines is now untouchable, unbeatable and definitely the leading edge in action.
    This show follows the story of Axel Manning, who lost his only parent, his father Sebastian Manning, a secret agent, after he confronted his (now ex-) partner, a traitor, Alexander Paine, also know as Paine, who was put into prison for a life sentence, until he escapes, freeing other criminals along with him in a die-hard attempt to take control of Landmark City.
    But past and future collide as Axel Manning, now a teenager, comes face to face with Paine, determined to lock him back up and avenge his father. Axel’s father taught him the rare martial art of Jo-lan, which melds the body and mind, releasing high frequencies of energy with every punch and kick.
    As soon as Paine recognises Axel by his skill and resemblance to his father, he also starts to recognise that Axel could be even more dangerous than his father (Which he admits in 'In too deep').
    It's all fun, scarred pasts, emotions, friendship and joy as Axel, Shark, Lioness, King and Hawk bring everything together as team Alpha, in A.T.O.M. Alpha Teens on Machines!
  • Just what we needed.

Ok, ok. Let me start by saying that this show..is awesome! You got your tight action scenes, humor, great charaters [even the villians are cool] and good sotryline.

Its almost as if they put together all the great action/humor shows! The animation is excellent. I love how they pause a scene with a picture, it just gives it a great-looking touch.

So what I am trying to say here is, watch this show! Give it a try, because you wont regret it! =]It'll surely entertain you, plus more.
  • A group of five teens take on the super villian Paine

7.2
    This show is fun to watch from time to time. The charectors are funny and witty. The make up of the team is quite good. You have Kings muscle, Axle's leadership, Lionesses bravery, Sharks brings in the humor and hawk is just fun. Thuogh this is one of those shows where the bad guys never win it is still good, because of how cool they, the baddies are. Pain, spydha and the rest are realy good villians. The tech in the series isn't that good though. Over all it is good to catch once in a while, but it is too short a series.
  • A decent show. I like it but there is a lot of room for improovements.

Firstly, I would like to say that this review was written just after I had seen the last episode-Showdown, of the first season. I think that this show is nice, not fabulous. There are several good parts, such as a good character build, nice villains and i like the fact that there are references to older episodes. What I don't like are the following 3 things: 1) It has only 3 villains that appear almost every episode and the others only appeared in 2 or 3. 2) This Jolan, is not logical, I mean come on, making a crater, shattering a mountain. 3) Flash's muscles don't do anything. Anyway, I really liked the way season one finished, showing that Mr. Li is.... and I really like the fact that it showed Dragon and Samantha near the end too. So big hopes for season 2.
  • Finally ,after bunch of craps ,a light at the end of the tunnel.

I love this show! I finally fall into depression because of lack of good cartoons ,and then finally came A.T.O.M.! First ,when I saw the coming-soon-commercial ,I taught that it's too good to be true ,because even then I knew that I 'm going to adore this show. All characters are cool! There's not a single character that I found boring or annoying. (OK ,maybe Hawk ,but just sometimes) .Even Paine is a fun character! I'm not hating him as the other villains of this type. The only thing that could have been changed was at least one more chick in a team. This is a boy show ,after all.
  • great show

this is a great show the only thing bad about it is they changed the name of the series for america. When it was in europe it was called action man a.t.o.m. but in america its just called a.t.o.m., also it has a great story line and cool characters. the only other bad thing about it is in the comic series it replaces the action man comic series that has been around for or 10 years.
  • what a fabulous show

what a great show! the characters are good and as in all good group hero\'s there is a leader, a girl, a cocky one, a funny one and a big strong one! Enjoyable animation which everyone can watch! I hope this program goes on for a long long time! I will watch it!
  • Love it man! Love the characters, their toys, the art, the colors, the shading, the lines. I just love it.

I seriously love this show. Got me hooked in 5 seconds. It was the art that sucked me in really fast cause it resembles one of my most favorite artist's work. But then when i really paid attention to the show, man. I feel faster than a dead duck plummeting through the skies! I adore the art, its just so sweet. The characters, huzzah man! The plot, nice man. Jes niice.

Give me more and i hope this goes on for a good long while! :D
  • this show is brilliant and is well brilliant! it has like action in it and alsorts! the action man figures i can live without! (whoever thought of those needs to get a LIFE) but the show is good there are clearly some geniuses out there! and this show is

this follows:

Axel,
    Lioness,
    King,
    Hawk,
    Shark.

they go on a Reality TV show and get chosen by Mr. Lee to test his machines! Axel's farther Alex Manning gets well killed by Pain a gone rouge Spy otherwise known as Axel a Traitor (I can see why)!
    He and his friends (as i mentioned before) basically stop Paine from taking over Landmark City!

my favorite episode has to be were Paine's daughter magness (Samantha has revealed in the episode Daddy's Little Girl) shows up and well tries to take the team down!

This is one of the best shows Jetix has done (Apart from Martin Mystery) and is one worth watching!