A.U.S.A.

NBC (ended 2003)

A.U.S.A. Fan Reviews (7)

6.3
  • Good

5.2
  • Finally a show that has a likable main female character.A.U.S.A.is smart, cunning, and a little trickster.

Finally a show that has a likable main female character.A.U.S.A.is smart, cunning, and a little trickster. You never know what she is going to do next. Unlike The characters she does not get everything she wants and then whines about. Unlike the Vampire she isn’t blessed with special powers and does nothing but complain about them. A.U.S.A.powers are her brains and wit. She works for what she wants. Though I think wanting he is wrong because even though he is cute he is also pretty dull. he would be a much better match for her.
  • A wonderful show that deserves another chance...

At first, the show received a panning from many television critics and few recommended it. I am a big Peter Jacobson fan and watched it for him as well as Scott Foley. The first episode kept me rolling on the floor. The characters were dead on with their jokes and their chemistry with each other was memorable and irreplaceable. All the characters' personalities felt real and lifelike. As the episodes progressed in succession, the laughs kept coming with more outrageous situations in the world of being a AUSA. Who thought the justice system could be so funny? It's a shame NBC didn't allow the show to continue til the last episode and pulled it off abrubtly. I'm still crossing my fingers that they at least make a DVD set of it!
  • I'm not a huge game show fan, but this show was hilarious! I am extremely shocked to see that it has gotten such a low rating. Did the people who rated it so lowly actually watch it?

I'm not a huge game show fan, but this show was hilarious! I am extremely shocked to see that it has gotten such a low rating. Did the people who rated it so lowly actually watch it? I like Paul Reubens quite a bit. Sure he layed it on a bit thick as Troy Stevens, but he was parodying game show hosts. I don't remember a whole lot of it, but I do remember one hilarious bit--the million dollar question. One question was worth one million dollars. The only caveat was that the amount would begin going down as soon as Troy began reading the question. Something would always interrupt Troy and he wouldn't be able to get the question out. By the time he did, it was worth condiderably less than the promised million dollars.

Did people not get that this was a comedy? Maybe they just didn't appreciate this type of camp. Whatever the reason people didn't like it, they were wrong.
  • A.U.S.A. blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations.

A.U.S.A. blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations. Mind you, there were some problems (most discontinuity issues) that I don't have the time to mention but all in all, a solid 9.
  • how stupid

thats stupid with agents as comedy that is sooooo stupid and u just cannot watch a show unless its actually funny and why would comedy be on nbc unless its Saturday Night Live now this show had the reason to be cancelled in minutes of time how stupid was this show......
  • I laughed when I saw this show.

Four episodes into the first season and "A.U.S.A" is having the funniest first season (in my opinion) since "Cheers" debuted all the way back in 1982. I hope the cast and crew are able to keep up the hi/low combination humour for the rest of the season - if the show even HAS a full season. Apparently "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" is just TOO tempting in that time slot for the mediocre masses to even consider changing over to a show with an actual talented WRITING STAFF. Oh well. Hopefully, like 'Cheers" (which was dead last in the ratings for its entire first season) and "Seinfeld" (which also took a very long time to catch on), somebody at the network will take this show under a wing and let it cultivate popularity. But more than likely, it'll simply be cancelled before it even has a chance.